New album thread: "Living for Love" 1st single according to DrownedMadonna

In Hard Candy we had candy shop and Beat goes on. Beat goes on appeared tottaly different. I think that'll be the case of WAOM. It sounds like a demo. Rebel heart i believe it is ready to shine!!!

Let's hope that Diplo song is not just a meaningless, immature fun track with her singing about beach parties or something. Would surely make for a cool album track, but judging by the immense positive reception RH got from the whole general public, a more mature track would be the wiser lead single choice.

The first single is this, right?

"I recently worked with Madonna. We had a bunch of songs that were kind of standard for her. Then one night we got kinda drunk… “play me the craziest record you have” and we wrote the song right there on the most ridiculous beats… a record with Madonna and Nicki Minaj. It’s crazy."

In Hard Candy we had candy shop and Beat goes on. Beat goes on appeared tottaly different. I think that'll be the case of WAOM. It sounds like a demo. Rebel heart i believe it is ready to shine!!!

I 100% disagree with this. I don't think WAOM sounds like a demo at all. It needs to be polished a little bit but not that much.

And for RH it has been said that the final version is very different, more guitar and more folky...

By the way Diplo described the first single it sounds like Unapologetic Bitch: "the reggae-influenced track has a strong statement about Madonna taking responsibility for being considered a bitch because sometimes you have to call it like it is."

But I'm still rooting for Living For Love. By the way I must be wrong since I cannot find it anywhere, but I thought we had got a description for Living for Love too.

By the way Diplo described the first single it sounds like Unapologetic Bitch: "the reggae-influenced track has a strong statement about Madonna taking responsibility for being considered a bitch because sometimes you have to call it like it is."

But I'm still rooting for Living For Love. By the way I must be wrong since I cannot find it anywhere, but I thought we had got a description for Living for Love too.

Here, according to Rama

Living for Love/Carry on

“Living for love, I’m gonna carry on, love’s gonna lift me up”, goes this snappy track about the sanctity of survival, using a luminescent collection of escalating 90s influenced tempos.

Madonna recorded a few “I survived a hard breakup and am stronger for it” anthems, but “Living for Love/Carry on” is probably the most accessible and club friendly one.

She assures her audience that her past flame is in the past, and that she’s ready to move on, with a little help from God.

Madonna talks about how allowing herself to love made her strong and feel reborn, but by letting down her guard, she forgot who she was and didn’t hear the alarm.

Now that the love is over, she says she’s willing to forgive but will never forget.

With the help of a choir, Madonna addresses a kinda odd sounding prayer to God to help her heal fast and allow her to love again.

With an undeniable, instantly catchy hook, in typical Madonna fashion, she’s telling off her ex-boyfriend, but there’s a festive flair that makes the whole break-up seem rather uplifting than dour.

Although the unfinished version of the song lacks a little originality in its production, Living for Love translates the soulful optimism of Madonna. It’s all about empowering yourself after a breakup, getting back on your feet and giving a chance to new love.

Read more: http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2014/09/03/everything-you-need-to-know-about-madonnas-upcoming-album-exclusive/#ixzz3KrJ01XlJ

"I recently worked with Madonna. We had a bunch of songs that were kind of standard for her. Then one night we got kinda drunk play me the craziest record you have and we wrote the song right there on the most ridiculous beats a record with Madonna and Nicki Minaj. Its crazy."

You always get the best inspiration when you're high/drunk :lol:

Thank you :) Well, it sounds better than the UB description for me, but I hate how each description has negative remarks…

I feel exactly the same. Who they think they are?

Me too #awkward

And "I'm popping bottles that you can't afford" - that's cringeability.com :/

If she starts with that it might be GMAYL all over again indeed!!

...and yet you don't even haven't heard the songs. :crazy: Her best songs came with the bitch word included: Thief of Hearts, Gang Bang, Human Nature, etc...

This isn't the first time. :rolleyes:

"I recently worked with Madonna. We had a bunch of songs that were kind of standard for her. Then one night we got kinda drunk… “play me the craziest record you have” and we wrote the song right there on the most ridiculous beats… a record with Madonna and Nicki Minaj. It’s crazy."

No, the song with Minaj is presumably "Bitch, I'm Madonna" (the crazy song). The supposedly lead single is "Unapologetic Bitch" (the one with the reggae vibe)

Let's hope that Diplo song is not just a meaningless, immature fun track with her singing about beach parties or something. Would surely make for a cool album track, but judging by the immense positive reception RH got from the whole general public, a more mature track would be the wiser lead single choice.

I think the perfcet choice is releasing "Unapologetic Bitch" and "Rebel Heart" as lead singles. But that's too wishful thinking...

No, this is the crazy track Diplo talked about saying it would have been a miracle if Madonna found a way to put it out properly. I highly doubt that such a track could be the first single off an album.

Reading the description of the demos, the first single will be Unapologetic Bitch since it's the only track with a reggae vibe to it.

she should have Rebel Heart as the lead single, not some kid friendly faux ghetto bullshit just to get on the american charts. People wanna hear a decent Madonna melody as evidenced by the great response to RH so far.

I think the first single will be Unapologetic bitch, is a bit worrying a song named "bitch " for first single, I hope she promote the single. HR and WAOM can not be singles have already been leaked and to officially announce next year these songs will already be exhausted.

she should have Rebel Heart as the lead single, not some kid friendly faux ghetto bullshit just to get on the american charts. People wanna hear a decent Madonna melody as evidenced by the great response to RH so far.

tumblr_inline_mzv0fudOiG1qjtxov.png

I think you'll love it :)

I think the first single will be Unapologetic bitch, is a bit worrying a song named "bitch " for first single, I hope she promote the single. HR and WAOM can not be singles have already been leaked and to officially announce next year these songs will already be exhausted.

I don't think so. They must be exhausted for you, but the general public (and I) haven't heard yet. Plus, she will make videos or maybe sing them somewhere.

Living For Love is a ballad, Madonna has always been successful ballads ... I wanted Living for Love and I think this song conveys what she means by the album.

“Living for love, I’m gonna carry on, love’s gonna lift me up”, goes this snappy track about the sanctity of survival, using a luminescent collection of escalating 90s influenced tempos."

It doesn't feel like a ballad to me by this descripition.