New album thread: "Living for Love" 1st single according to DrownedMadonna

I tend to like the more edgy stuff, but I find that the general public and casual fans tend to like it more when she does more conventionally pretty type of songs. For instance a lot of people who I wouldn't even classify as big fans are always telling me they like songs like You'll See and Secret. So if the goal of the first single is to reach the largest possible audience, I think maybe she should choose a more conventional song and leave the edgy stuff for the album for the rest of us to enjoy or a later single.

Right now I'm pleased of what G_O_N_E have said and share with us and that's all that matters to me. :)

Me too!

G_O_N_E_D_H_I has been our guru, the one who dispels the darkness of ignorance regarding this new release.

Keep killing us with information.

3LySxhz.gif

Why was it amazing? The words, her voice, the choir, the music? :)

I didn't hear a choir. The melody is enchanting, like something from a dark fairy tale...and then the instrumental break with the same feeling the intro strings on wash all over me give you but like a swirling waterfall melody and then she goes into another line of the bridge.

MDNA had it's brilliant moments and it's flaws. My main issue with it is that I would have picked completely different singles. If she had been a little more daring and edgy in her singles then the album might have done completely different in the public opinion. She is beyond the stage where she has to cater to the public. It's much more interesting to watch her follow her instinct and do and release what she loves. That's also what got her big acclaim.

Her music is always commercial and radio friendly to some extent but it also always tried to push the envellope a little bit, introduce new sounds to a wider audience, which has gotten increasingly harder to do in the current musical landscape and how people listen to and find new music, but it can still happen.

I for one am thrilled to see her so dedicated to the music and working so hard on it again. I'm 100% sure that all this effort will pay off in a wonderfull way!

I think the single choices were daring an edgy and got probaly the expected response. The safe choices for the singles would have been Masterpiece to promote her film, Love Spent as the lead single followed by I'm Addicted...I think Madonna made a valid point with her single choices.

"I'll light a candle to Hear your call

But they can't save who you are

I'll cast a spell that you cannot undo

Until you wake up to find

You are not you

Till you wake up to find that

You are not you

(Instrumental break)

"I'll be the (can't understand)

You are the devil and I am the (can't understand)"

I didn't hear a choir. The melody is enchanting, like something from a dark fairy tale...and then the instrumental break with the same feeling the intro strings on wash all over me give you but like a swirling waterfall melody and then she goes into another line of the bridge.

Your right that's amazing!! :)

Guest ditaluver

You are not you

You are not you

(Instrumental break)

This

Ive been dying to know which song. Messiah??

I think the single choices were daring an edgy and got probaly the expected response. The safe choices for the singles would have been Masterpiece to promote her film, Love Spent as the lead single followed by I'm Addicted...I think Madonna made a valid point with her single choices.

+1

how refresh thinking...

You are not you

You are not you

(Instrumental break)

Her lyrics are giving me life!

celebrate.gif

I'm so confused, three clips leaked, when did this happen. It's all so stressful, what's worse is nothing will be announced this year

No clips "leaked"

They were shared secretly

And also were briefly on soundcloud

No links are allowed to be posted on the forum, that's why you don't know too much sbout it

Guest ditaluver

You are not you

You are not you

(Instrumental break)

I hear