Madonna Bests Paul McCartney As World's Richest Recording Artist

cosmic_system

It's not an issue, but I 'm pretty sure she's worth MORE!.

The likes of Mariah & Celine on that list proves it.

#1 Madonna (most likely) has/had better record (publishing) deals throughout her career, she SOLD more & she has writers credit.

#2 She destroys all those bytches in terms of ticket sales & merchandising

#3 She' s a better business woman & her investments of which we know nothing must b HUGE

#4 Her art collection alone would b worth at least one fourth of the number quoted of that list.

Exactly! :thumbsup:

Go madonna! its tragic that her older brother is destitute and homeless.... probably by his own addictions. I'm sure she's tried to help him and it never worked

Go madonna! its tragic that her older brother is destitute and homeless.... probably by his own addictions. I'm sure she's tried to help him and it never worked

I think she put him through rehab twice? I know he definitely worked on the vineyard for a bit as well, but him and their dad couldn't make it work

Madonna is not the only millionaire in the Ciccone family, plus she helped him plenty of times, as did her father.

His own (ex-)wife & son won't have anything 2 with him, I'd say they've done enough, if not a lot.

I am really puzzled at MARIAH's $520M worth.... is it because of the Divorce money? She's barely earned anything since the new millennium... she barely even appeared in Forbes entertainers lists

I am really puzzled at MARIAH's $520M worth.... is it because of the Divorce money? She's barely earned anything since the new millennium... she barely even appeared in Forbes entertainers lists

That christmas song of hers probably earns her $20 million each year in royalties alone. Every fucking day I have to listen to that shit in some store.

there is no way Mariah Carey is worth over 500 million! that's impossible. she hasn't sold any albums in years, she doesn't make any money from touring at all, her big pay days over the last ten years were her contract breakup after Glitter and her new contract after that. Those don't add up to half a billion. And she's not known for making big bucks from other revenue sources.

I also don't believe Madonna's $800 million figure, but she definitely is one of the top artists.

how can she be worth a bliion last year and 800 million this year?

Those numbers are all guestimates. One outlet says she is worth that much another says this. It all doesn't matter. You will never know about the real net worth considering no one has access to her investments or her art collection. It is known to a certain extent what art she owns and in what companies she has invested in (like Coco water). But you don't know about her portfolio of shares or real estate. The numbers could be mind boggeling. Let's say she bought real estate (office buildings etc.) in NY back in the 80s when it was relatively cheap and has sold those in recent years to developers. Or let's say she bought Apple or Microsoft shares back then. Of course she could have made some false investments too and in result lost tons of money. As I said no one knows except Madonna and her lawyers and accountants.

Nevertheless, based on the numbers we know about like sold records and sold tickets, even the money made from her endorsements and LN contract, that worth should be around 1 billion. Forbes tried to diminish that by doing some math (of course leaving out a lot of income) and telling that people always forget about the income tax of around 50% or so. Which is funny, because that might be theoratically true, but it is widely known that the unfait US tax system is very much in favor of super rich people who in result may pay less taxes (percentage wise) than a normal employee. Wasn't there a report that Warren Buffets secretary has a higher tax rate than he has? So why would Madonna pay 50%? Especially since she has a few charities that are most likely tax deductible. Of course, it's Forbes and therefore it has to be negative (even their article about her topping the highest earners list had a negative touch). We all know they have problem with her since 1991.