New album thread: do NOT distribute or leak songs. We are AGAINST LEAKS.

we dont even know if this demo rebel heart will be the final product on the album.

The news is that Rebel Heart is less electronic & more folky. So it will be very different to the demo. Possibly drastically different.

The news is that Rebel Heart is less electronic & more folky. So it will be very different to the demo. Possibly drastically different.

I don't think it will be that drastic, as there is already an acoustic folky element to the song. In fact, I think it's fair to say the musical theme of the demo is folky

According to DM, aren't we listening to the latest version:

"Rebel Heart is one of the songs that have changed the most. It started as a country folk track, then it was dance with a more evident Aviciis touch, and then it became a more mid-tempo pop song with a fresh and happy sound. Like most of the songs that Madonna co-wrote with Avicii, it is like Avicii adapted to Madonna, not the other way around. Expect a lot of acoust guitars, but not as prominent as in the other tracks recorded with Avicii."

According to DM, aren't we listening to the latest version:

"Rebel Heart is one of the songs that have changed the most. It started as a country folk track, then it was dance with a more evident Aviciis touch, and then it became a more mid-tempo pop song with a fresh and happy sound. Like most of the songs that Madonna co-wrote with Avicii, it is like Avicii adapted to Madonna, not the other way around. Expect a lot of acoust guitars, but not as prominent as in the other tracks recorded with Avicii."

You're right, based on this description, what leaked matches the final version DM describes.

Just saw an interview with Diplo at the Stereosonic Music Festival in Sydney on a show called "The Riff" on Channel V here in Australia.

Diplo talked Madonna, he said "He & M have cooked up some really cool tunes, 4-5 songs should be on the album, the first single produced by him is coming early next year, has a reggae dancehall vibe & that he finished his work with M a few months ago".

Nothing really new but thought it was worth posting, will look out for more interviews while he is in Australia.

Unapologethic as a first single doesn't sound good on paper, lets face it. Hope she understand it. Especially if it features Minaj. It has to be an absolute killer to work! Because it would be all about her being great, having fun plus Minaj. Sounds like GMAYL part 2. Too bad she can't understand the public and the fans have always been here for deeper, rich, beautifully sung song with great melodies. She is also one of the few artists who many people don't want to see with anyone else...

Can't plans change?

I just hope we don't have another MDNA situation where all the collab/"fun" stuff is the singles and good stuff stays ignored. I don't think I can go through that again.

My theory is:

- originally the album's direction was influenced by Art for Freedom (as per M interviews in the early stages of the project), reflected in the songs that were developed with Avicii. Messiah was slated to be the first single (Liz R had said it would be the first single many many months ago).

- then, due to Avicii's health issues, Diplo entered the picture. After working with Diplo, the sound and overall tenor of the album changed - instead of being influenced by Art for Freedom, it became much lighter in subject matter, more "fun". The first single was also changed, to possibly UB or BIM (or some other Diplo track, as per his interview, and possibly a track featuring a collab).

- someone at the label was not happy about this change in direction. Their initial reaction was to try to influence the recording process by approaching Ariel Pink to get involved, which back fired due to push back from M (Guy's tweet acknowledged that maybe the label might have approached Ariel Pink). After that did not work, someone at the label waited for the appropriate time and leaked RH and WAOM, in the hopes of "proving" to M how well received the originally recorded (co-Avicii) songs would be, and convince her to release those songs as the singles, as opposed to the Diplo songs.

- the leaked songs are very well received, and perhaps may result in a change of plans in the single selections, which may be why there has been no further comment on the leaks thus far

This is just a theory, but I think it reconciles the information (some of it seemingly conflicting) that's been out there.

Another possibility is a double album, as a few people have mentioned: one serious (the Art for Freedom influenced Avicii songs), the other fun (the Diplo songs)... who knows?

Whatever the turn of events have been and will be, I really hope and pray both RH and WAOM are on the album, and that at least RH is released as a single, maybe even as the first single. And I hope it's released very soon!!! There is still such a buzz about it and it needs to be out now!!!

M doesn't give a fuck what we think or like she is doing the music she likes and that is the end of it.

I know this is one of the perennial debate topics, but if you don't think M cares about having a hit, well.. I think you're wrong.

http://popinsomniacs.com/2014/12/madonnas-rebel-heart-leaks-why-were-excited/

MADONNA’S “REBEL HEART” LEAKS: WHY WE’RE EXCITED

It’s not exactly a surprise, per se, what with the Internet’s nature of finding raw material and leaking it for the whole wide world to view and visit and see, but finding a brand new leaked Madonna demo on our webpages this weekend was a big excitement.

Madonna, of course, is one of the world’s most famous, iconic, and premier popstars, and has been working hard on her thirteenth(!) album for the past year or so. However, one of the tracks, rumoured single “Rebel Heart” leaked, first in snippet and then in its full demo form, and suffice to say that the track, even in rough demo stage, seriously impressed.

It’s one of Madonna’s most understated, yet strangely euphoric songs to date, combining driving beats and some well-welcomed potent lyricism about her past and surviving, to create a song that lifts towards its frankly addictive and barnstorming chorus.

Infused with some gorgeous ’80s synths in the post-chorus and running throughout, and with a big-hearted pop sensibility to proceedings (the production is rumoured to be an Avicii affair and has his country-EDM template all over the tune), “Rebel Heart” is simply a solid, classy, elegant dance-pop song, that helps shake off some of the misfires of Madonna’s recent albums.

The closest similarity we can bring it to is Kylie’s “Into the Blue” earlier this year which was similarly uplifting and joyful – although we’re certainly not suggesting Madge is copying anyone. “Rebel Heart” is a promising sign that Madonna might be returning more to her full-on pop roots, with new production woven in; and we have a feeling the pop-going public would beextremely on board with that decision.

Unfortunately the song’s rapidly disappearing off the ‘net, so if you want to listen to, then do so now – believe us, it’s worth it.

My theory is:

- originally the album's direction was influenced by Art for Freedom (as per M interviews in the early stages of the project), reflected in the songs that were developed with Avicii. Messiah was slated to be the first single (Liz R had said it would be the first single many many months ago).

- then, due to Avicii's health issues, Diplo entered the picture. After working with Diplo, the sound and overall tenor of the album changed - instead of being influenced by Art for Freedom, it became much lighter in subject matter, more "fun". The first single was also changed, to possibly UB or BIM (or some other Diplo track, as per his interview, and possibly a track featuring a collab).

- someone at the label was not happy about this change in direction. Their initial reaction was to try to influence the recording process by approaching Ariel Pink to get involved, which back fired due to push back from M (Guy's tweet acknowledged that maybe the label might have approached Ariel Pink). After that did not work, someone at the label waited for the appropriate time and leaked RH and WAOM, in the hopes of "proving" to M how well received the originally recorded (co-Avicii) songs would be, and convince her to release those songs as the singles, as opposed to the Diplo songs.

!

Why would Interscope have any say on this? They just distribute the cds...

Why would Interscope have any say on this? They just distribute the cds...

There must be a financial incentive for them to distribute the cd's, otherwise why would they enter the deal? And if so, then the more that are distributed then the better their return

omg, mean but true :lmao:

he always makes those Madonna cakes

remember the FONS? wonder what happened to them

they all grew up and are doing well for themselves! :thumbsup:

and yes bring on a double penetration um album Madonna!

I'm praying for a double album one with more mature songs and themes for the older madonna fans and the other one with more fun/MDNA vibes for the new Stans.

I agree! I don't think the mature and the more fun immature songs necessarily even appeal to two different kinds of fans though. I love both types of songs. That's one of the things that makes her my favorite artists. She has songs for different types of moods. She has songs that are deeper and more introspective that make you think and more fun lighthearted songs. I love Rebel Heart, but I don't think I would want a whole album of songs in that vein without some slightly more fun immature songs too.