Jennifer lopez booty at AMA'S - Vogue Intro copy?

YannBouch

Performance of Jennifer Loper of her single Booty. Not a BIG deal but come on, the start of the song (at 30 sec) = VOGUE the high sound, the snap!! come on!!! I try not to find Madonna everywhere but I can't!!! haha

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2ax1ha_jennifer-lopez-iggy-azalea-booty-american-music-awards-2014_music

My thoughts exactly. It always has been a boobs-culture. What changed?

I guess women got so skinny that now to have a big ass is like a symbol of something!

So, if it's all about big boots... does it mean that girls can be a bit more chubby and don't have to suffer anorexia?

what's this sudden obsession with ass in American culture?

It's not sudden. It's been a slow but steady change. I guess one could claim that 2 Live Crew and Sir-Mix-A-Lot's "Baby Got Back" were the first one's to capture national attention. Hip hop and rap culture in general (gangsta rap in particular) has always glorified the booty. In 1999, J-Lo herself made the "booty" a more common conversation. "Back That Ass Up" was a hit the same year. In 2000, the "Thong Song" and "Shake Ya Ass" were another odes to the "assets." Then in 2001, Destiny's Child released "Bootylicious" and it went to number one. So this has been going on for a while. Kim Kardashian I suppose has been responsible for the increased interest of late. "All About The Bass" and "Anaconda" have really made it the body part du jour. J-Lo's "Booty" is just an attempt to milk the "behind" zeitgeist. And with the ever-growing Latino influence in the American culture, the ass is here to stay.

Guest Rachelle of London

Jennifer Lopez is going through the most embarrassing mid life crisis. Her efforts and retaining her sexiness are ao cheap.

Jennifer Lopez is going through the most embarrassing mid life crisis. Her efforts and retaining her sexiness are ao cheap.

Now, I'm not defending her at all (just playing devil's advocate). But, don't you think the same words have been hurled at Madonna since SHE was in her forties? (The most recent attacks being the way she dressed in TUTR video, and various performances on the MDNA tour?)

Not saying that you are one at all, but, in general, wouldn't it be kind of hipocritical for a Madonna fan to say another female artist is going through a mid-life crisis trying to hold on to her sexiness and youth? :-/

BTW, the opening to this performance is a TOTAL rip-off of Vogue. And, when I was watching it with my friends and family, I wasn't even the one who pointed it out. Everyone else did! And, they all looked at me for my reaction. I just told them that "imitation is the best form of flattery." ;)

Now, I'm not defending her at all (just playing devil's advocate). But, don't you think the same words have been hurled at Madonna since SHE was in her forties? (The most recent attacks being the way she dressed in TUTR video, and various performances on the MDNA tour?)

Not saying that you are one at all, but, in general, wouldn't it be kind of hipocritical for a Madonna fan to say another female artist is going through a mid-life crisis trying to hold on to her sexiness and youth? :-/

BTW, the opening to this performance is a TOTAL rip-off of Vogue. And, when I was watching it with my friends and family, I wasn't even the one who pointed it out. Everyone else did! And, they all looked at me for my reaction. I just told them that "imitation is the best form of flattery." ;)

I have to agree with this. Plus, Why all of sudden everyone seem surprised? She's been doing this for years, you can't expect more from this woman.

Guest eroticerotic

tits and ass are NOT a sudden obsession lol. hence minaj's baby got back sample. i think it just so happens a lot of female singers released songs about their asses at the same time. :) it's ass's time to shine :laugh:

Edited by eroticerotic

Umm. M and JLO are not the same age.

When Madonna was 45, it was the American life era. Was Madonna doing anything like this? Was Madonna dressing like this? No. Madonna may not have had the greatest success with AL (at least in the us) but at least she was selling out concerts around the world.

So yes, for someone who is a registered flop, JLO is def trying WAY TOOO HARD. I have nothing against women in their 40s and up dressing sexy. Go for it. But at the end of the day, the desperation is so obvious with JLO. It has nothing to do with sales, but all to do with her career.

Umm. M and JLO are not the same age.

When Madonna was 45, it was the American life era. Was Madonna doing anything like this? Was Madonna dressing like this? No. Madonna may not have had the greatest success with AL (at least in the us) but at least she was selling out concerts around the world.

So yes, for someone who is a registered flop, JLO is def trying WAY TOOO HARD. I have nothing against women in their 40s and up dressing sexy. Go for it. But at the end of the day, the desperation is so obvious with JLO. It has nothing to do with sales, but all to do with her career.

Madonna wasn't doing that with 45 YO, but was walking around almost naked and showing her boobs at 54, LOL! So, what's your point?

Besides, J. Lo looks sexy as hell at 45! Can't think of a popstar that looks better then her in her 40's. Maybe Gwen Stefani?

If anything, it's a carbon copy of Beyonce's Partition performance

I thought that. It was a direct copy of Beyonce's Partition.

Madonna wasn't doing that with 45 YO, but was walking around almost naked and showing her boobs at 54, LOL! So, what's your point?

Besides, J. Lo looks sexy as hell at 45! Can't think of a popstar that looks better then her in her 40's. Maybe Gwen Stefani?

My point is the desperation. As I said before, Jlo is a registered flop, she is doing everything she can to hold onto her career.

Guest Rachelle of London

My point is the desperation. As I said before, Jlo is a registered flop, she is doing everything she can to hold onto her career.

Innit. It looks desperate because the woman is a massive FLOP! Madonna is the biggest selling female artist of all time. She doesn't strip to try and sell records. And at least when she does strip it DOES sell records. :lmao:

Wouldn't it be kind of hipocritical for a Madonna fan to say another female artist is going through a mid-life crisis trying to hold on to her sexiness and youth? :-/

Uh? Let me see

When Madonna was in her 40s she was busy doing a bit more than showing how good she looked post 40. Looking good is also part of how healthy one is. She released 3 of the most commercially and critically successfull albums of her career.

She was in a play. She wrote children's books that went on to sell 3m copies worldwide. She put on some of the most amazing shows ever, and they would put to shame the touring output of all her peers, not to mention the current crop of pop stars.

What made her take in over $1bn in gross revenue is hardly singing the umpteenth song about her bountiful ass, releasing the zillionth perfume range (I love all the shit she got for waiting 30 years before putting out her own fragrance), the umpteenth tired random B-list rapper collaborations and some cheap throwaway talent show moments

People spend $400 to go and see her live HARDLY to see "how good she looks", but how good she is. The difference is that Madonna is a multi talented entity and has been one consistently for over 30 years. JLO is a Mottola/Medina experiment from the get-go with a very limited range of possibilities and an ego that compensates AMPLY for her lack of any real talent

She doesn't sing (hasn't even bothered to put on a tour till she was over 15 years into her "music career") and can't sing. She's an average dancer with an extremely limited range and a mediocre actress (at best) who opened her mouth to trash people left and right 2 days after getting into the business

Basically she was only good at soaking up contacts during her Janice days and busy munching on Mariah's Sony leftovers. People are not criticising her because she's showing how good she still looks but pointing out that it's all there is to her act. That's all there ever was to her act. To this day I still don't know what she sings about in her "music". Talk about soulless and wholly manufactured. That AMA embarassment of a performance proves that she thinks this is still 1999. I'm sure new perfume GLOW farts #88 is out soon

what's this sudden obsession with ass in American culture?

I wonder this as well. I think Miley and her whole twerking sh*t is hugely responsible. I know she didn't invented it, far from it but it played a HUGE role in her comeback and was literally everywhere.