The Madonna movie Adé: A Love Story- UPDATE: Writer Found For the Project

LCD

I've seen some videos on YouTube, she was talking about her then upcoming Like A Virgin album, she was so passionate about it, I could see the fire in her eyes when she was talking about it, I'd like her to be that passionate about music again, I respect her decisions either way, but I'm not interested in her work as a director at all

I've seen some videos on YouTube, she was talking about her then upcoming Like A Virgin album, she was so passionate about it, I could see the fire in her eyes when she was talking about it, I'd like her to be that passionate about music again, I respect her decisions either way, but I'm not interested in her work as a director at all

I agree with you.

I'm happy ! you know why ? Because there is finally a chance she doesn't go on tour after the album ! i know i'm probably in the minority but i really want her to release two albums before going on tour again, like she did for ray of Light & Music.

What i'd like is :

1 album release - 2 promo (maybe little promo tour) + some tv performances around the world, 3 or 4 good videos - 3 direct the new movie - 4 movie release - 5 start working on new album - 6 album release - 7 promo - 8 BIG TOUR !

je t'aime !

If they're looking for a screenwriter, etc.... that means it's years off from even being made...if it even is.

I don't think it will affect anything in regards to new music or touring that is most likely on it's way sometime soon.

No drama. Relax.

If they're looking for a screenwriter, etc.... that means it's years off from even being made...if it even is.

I don't think it will affect anything in regards to new music or touring that is most likely on it's way sometime soon.

No drama. Relax.

But she's already thinking about it, planning it, getting distracted by it. :-)

Relax. It's unlikely she is planning anything in that regard at the moment. There is not even a script. Without a script there is no pre-production. Nothing. And who knows how many drafts there'll be before all parties agree to the final one. As someone said this might be years away from production.

Guest Rachelle of London

They designed MDNA Tour whilst she was still doing WE, look how creative that was. Anythings possible.

I guess you're right and we shouldn't worry too much, I just want everything this time, good music, at least 3 good videos, promo, I want to be a proud and happy Madonna fan again, the last time that happened it was COADF and it's been too long.

I did enjoy Hard Candy and MDNA too but I want more this time. I hope I don't come across as a crazy person for saying this lol

I've read the book and I loved it but I don't want her to direct it for two reasons and two reasons only:

1. It's another love story and the parallels with W.E. will be obvious. It's a very different premise but she'll be "typecast" as a director if she does this.

2. We will probably not get a tour in 2015 if she does the film.

The book is very short by the way - it's more of a novella. I read the whole thing on a single train journey. Couldn't put it down; beautifully written, devastating in places. I can see why she wants to do it. But it's too close to W.E. and not a big enough risk for her as a director. But who am I to say.

I did enjoy Hard Candy and MDNA too but I want more this time. I hope I don't come across as a crazy person for saying this lol

Not really. Anyway, you should lower your expectations which seem extremely high. Of course, Madonnas work has always been above the rest qualitywise which results in high expectations. But I have learned over the years to better not expect anything. So if things don't turn out the way you wanted you are not that dissappointed.

Guest Loo Eli

There is most likely a bunch of Hollywood negotiation type stuff going on behind the scenes anyway. We know only when a deal is done such as producing Impossible lives of Greta Wells because the author came forward and announced Madonna had bought his rights for a possible film adaptation.... . .

If the script hasn't even been adapted yet (and she is seeking a screenwriter), this won't go into production until late 2015 (well after a tour).

When she did W.E., her and Alek didn't even finish the first draft until late 2009 and shooting didn't start until mid-2010.

If anything, this might help move the album up to Q3 or Q4 of this year, as she will likely want to complete a tour within the first 6-8 months of 2015, leaving the rest for this film production.

If the script hasn't even been adapted yet (and she is seeking a screenwriter), this won't go into production until late 2015 (well after a tour).

When she did W.E., her and Alek didn't even finish the first draft until late 2009 and shooting didn't start until mid-2010.

If anything, this might help move the album up to Q3 or Q4 of this year, as she will likely want to complete a tour within the first 6-8 months of 2015, leaving the rest for this film production.

In this case I seriously hope she cuts dates. At no point she should do another MDNA tour schedule.

I do believe that once she has won an Oscar for Best Song (not for one of her own movies), the Academy will be more open to the idea to accept her in other fields like directing.

You Must Love me won the oscar for Best Original Song in 1997 and she performed it. Sooner Or Later also won the oscar for Best Original Song in 1991 and she performed it. So, it wasn't her who receieved the oscars, but was the singer of the songs that won. :)

You Must Love me won the oscar for Best Original Song in 1997 and she performed it. Sooner Or Later also won the oscar for Best Original Song in 1991 and she performed it. So, it wasn't her who receieved the oscars, but was the singer of the songs that won. :)

I know. Maybe I did express myself the wrong way. Might be a grammar thing. What I meant was, if she wins an Oscar in the future for Best Song ...

Guest Loo Eli

In this case I seriously hope she cuts dates. At no point she should do another MDNA tour schedule.

I doubt spanning more than 3 months. She was clearly bored and restless near the end of the American leg. But it does raise questions how much of the 'passion' for this album is really legit and how much is a distraction to keep music fans happy ?? :(

Edited by Loo Eli

I'm happy ! you know why ? Because there is finally a chance she doesn't go on tour after the album ! i know i'm probably in the minority but i really want her to release two albums before going on tour again, like she did for ray of Light & Music.

What i'd like is :

1 album release - 2 promo (maybe little promo tour) + some tv performances around the world, 3 or 4 good videos - 3 direct the new movie - 4 movie release - 5 start working on new album - 6 album release - 7 promo - 8 BIG TOUR !

I like this idea. I am with you.

I believe she has many passions and like all of us that passion should not be limited to one. I firmly feel in my heart that she will giver 100% and more to her new album. I feel an amazing and insightful era ahead.

She definitely is a great director in the making. W.E. is a vision film. Her vision to tell a story. She has it in her to make a great film because of her passion and drive to do so. I admire her for that. I want her to shine in every project she tackles.

I would be happy like others if M would release another album soon. Agree that can't see her doing another long tour like mdna, especially if she involves herself in another film.

M did seem like she was over it toward the end & I'll never forgot saw her two nights in a row & she came on stage 1145 & 1150 PM!

This has Razzie disaster written all over it. If Madonna wants to go work out her racial demons she should go see a therapist instead of making a flop film. We need to tweet Guy urging her to abandon this flop project and focus on making her next album a hit. Wake up Madonna! You and movies are a bad mix!

you signed up just to say that?

there isn't even a script yet. judging her instagram it's obvious that music comes first right now