The Madonna movie Adé: A Love Story- UPDATE: Writer Found For the Project

LCD

Guest Rachelle of London

All the reviews of WE exclaimed how well shot it was. The only flaws were he script. It was a beautifully shot film and got credited for that.

Didn't the costumes for WE receive an Academy Award nomination?

I still say that if Masterpiece was used in the film it would of at least been nominated for Best Song and we would of had another great Madonna Oscars performance and it would have been good promo for MDNA

We can blame Guy O for that screw up!

Guest Rachelle of London

Didn't the costumes for WE receive an Academy Award nomination?

I still say that if Masterpiece was used in the film it would of at least been nominated for Best Song and we would of had another great Madonna Oscars performance and it would have been good promo for MDNA

We can blame Guy O for that screw up!

Masterpiece couldn't of been nominated because it didn't appear in the film itself just the ending credits. Guy Oseary doesn't make up the Academy Awards rules unfortunately.

Guest Rachelle of London

And Madonna herself was the one that said Guy O urged her to record a song for WE. So without Guy we wouldn't of even got Masterpiece. But yeah he's the one to blame for it not winning an Oscar :lmao:

^ What I meant was that the song should of been used in the film and then it would have been eligible

Guy O pushed Madonna to write and record Masterpiece for the purpose of award nominations, it won the GG, but AS HER MANAGER Guy should of looked into the rules to quality for an Oscar nod and HE SHOULD OF MADE SURE IN THE EDITING ROOM THAT MADONNA INCLUDED A SNIPPET OF IT IN THE FILM so it would of been eligible

Guest Rachelle of London

^ What I meant was that the song should of been used in the film and then it would have been eligible

Guy O pushed Madonna to write and record Masterpiece for the purpose of award nominations, it won the GG, but AS HER MANAGER Guy should of looked into the rules to quality for an Oscar nod and HE SHOULD OF MADE SURE IN THE EDITING ROOM THAT MADONNA INCLUDED A SNIPPET OF IT IN THE FILM so it would of been eligible

:dead:

I thought Masterpiece would have been eligible for a nominaion for an Oscar if it came on as soon as the credits began? I don't think it had to appear in the movie just at least at the beginning of the credits which it was not. I always thought that was odd that it wasn't played right away. You would think that would have been paid more attention to.

you're right, a song to be eligible must be in the film or as soon as the end credits begin....a part from that.....wtf guy o has to do with the editing of the song into the movie??? :electropop:

it's great to blame on Guy for everything, but this...

OT in the meantime i posted a new Give It to Me dance rendition on the lounge..... :chuckle:

maybe you're right, but that was a pretty weak year for songs in movies....there was really no competition....and since she organizes those oscar parties i bet she has a lot of oscar voters by her side... :laugh:

Guest bluejean

Maybe she didn't want the song to be nominated for an Oscar and did that on purpose because she wanted people to focus on her filmmaking rather than her music.

Or maybe she just didn't want to put the songs IN the film and didn't give a fuck about an Oscar.

And how was Guy supposed to know about that rule? If anyone should have known it's the producers of the film.

Guest Rachelle of London

It's all Guys fault! He also wanted to her to wear red at the GG and she wore blue. He should be fired!

If she already has a new directorial job in the pipeline as early as now, that could only mean the new record and tour may be hurried a little earlier right? A tour that can stretch for the entire year of 2015, then that's the time she can start directing would mean 2016 for this movie if album/tour is 2014/2015... that's good news right? :)

Maybe she didn't want the song to be nominated for an Oscar and did that on purpose because she wanted people to focus on her filmmaking rather than her music.

Or maybe she just didn't want to put the songs IN the film and didn't give a fuck about an Oscar.

:dead::dead::dead:

It's all Guys fault! He also wanted to her to wear red at the GG and she wore blue. He should be fired!

:lmao:

KATE BUSH!!!!!!

:cries::cries::cries:

FYI, it's not "should of"

It's "should have"

:order:

:clap: yeah, it would be nice for those members that know better to at least TRY to avoid repeating the same spelling error multiple times in a single post. :laugh: You know, as a courtesy to the reader. :popcorn2:

On second thought…... I take that back. Spelling errors are Guy Oseary's fault. :old:

Madonna said in either the Carson Daly or Ryan Secrest radio interview when GMAYL came out, post Superbowl "I would have loved to perform at the Academy Awards, too bad they didn't nominate my song"!

Or something to that effect

Both radio interviews are on YouTube

That statement further proves my point that they were expecting/hoping for Masterpiece to be nominated

It's Guy O's job as her manager to look into the rules for a song to be eligible for a nomination

It reminds me of Jennifer Aniston in the last few years of Friends, her people forgot to submit her for the Emmy and she wasn't too pleased about it.

:clap: yeah, it would be nice for those members that know better to at least TRY to avoid repeating the same spelling error multiple times in a single post. :laugh: You know, as a courtesy to the reader. :popcorn2:

On second thought…... I take that back. Spelling errors are Guy Oseary's fault. :old:

:rotfl:

Madonna said in either the Carson Daly or Ryan Secrest radio interview when GMAYL came out, post Superbowl "I would have loved to perform at the Academy Awards, too bad they didn't nominate my song"!

Or something to that effect

Both radio interviews are on YouTube

That statement further proves my point that they were expecting/hoping for Masterpiece to be nominated

It's Guy O's job as her manager to look into the rules for a song to be eligible for a nomination

It reminds me of Jennifer Aniston in the last few years of Friends, her people forgot to submit her for the Emmy and she wasn't too pleased about it.

no it's not you need to calm down :newspaper:

So she is going to spend 3 or 4 years directing another shitty movie.... Actually, she could throw 2 more studio albums instead - what would you guys prefer? :-)

that i enjoy with passion everything she delivers with passion...

btw, W.E. isn't a shitty movie, it has its faults but is a good and interesting movie that has madonna vision all over it....