The Madonna movie Adé: A Love Story- UPDATE: Writer Found For the Project

LCD

Guest Not4Pussies

In the report it is stated it will be an independent film. Low budget. Also if she decides to direct this after new album/tour, we have no right to complain.

More of a budget? Compared to Filth and Wisdom. Certainly. But W.E.? I doubt it. Estimated budget was 30 million. And stronger team? I think her team on W.E. was top notch. Harvey Weinstein Executive producer - no need for further introduction. Martin Childs - production design - Oscar for Shakespeare in Love, Jenny Shircore - Make Up design - Oscar for Elisabeth - Celia Bobak - Set decoration - Oscar nomination for The Phantom of the Opera, Abel Korzeniowski - Golden Globe nomination for W.E. and a Single Man - Arianne Phillips - Oscar and Golden Globe nomination for W.E. - Hagen Bogdanski - DP - camera for the Oscar winning movie (foreign language) "The Life of Others". Pretty remarkable line of talent here.

The above mentioned list clearly indicates why W.E. looked and sounded absolutely stunning. I doubt anyone would question that those crafts and the actors did a great job. And if you put the flaws of the script and the baggage that comes with the name "Madonna" aside she did a great job as a director for bringing it all together. And this is what a director does bringing it all together to make your vision come alive onscreen.

Budget was more like $15 - 17.5 million according to the producer Thykier: http://variety.com/2011/film/news/w-e-big-ambition-small-budget-1118042049/

Once again guys this film is in THE VERY EARLY PLANNING STAGES

There is no script and Madonna could drop out as director at any time due to "creative differences".

If the script comes along well and is approved than I don't think production will even begin until EARLY 2016.

It's pretty obvious that the fall will all be about the new album and that 2015 will all be about the tour

Madonna and Alek began working on the script for WE in early 2009, before the second trek of the S&S tour.

The script wasn't finished until late 2009, early 2010 was all about casting and funding and finding locations.

Filming began in the summer of 2010.

Filmmaking takes a long time.

Once again guys this film is in THE VERY EARLY PLANNING STAGES

There is no script and Madonna could drop out as director at any time due to "creative differences".

If the script comes along well and is approved than I don't think production will even begin until EARLY 2016.

It's pretty obvious that the fall will all be about the new album and that 2015 will all be about the tour

Madonna and Alek began working on the script for WE in early 2009, before the second trek of the S&S tour.

The script wasn't finished until late 2009, early 2010 was all about casting and funding and finding locations.

Filming began in the summer of 2010.

Filmmaking takes a long time.

Yes, it does take a long time. And in that time, let's all talk about it.

The book is very short by the way - it's more of a novella. I read the whole thing on a single train journey. Couldn't put it down; beautifully written, devastating in places. I can see why she wants to do it. But it's too close to W.E. and not a big enough risk for her as a director. But who am I to say.

Instead of a dramatic love story,I wish Madonna would direct something a little more.....fun? Maybe a fun,lively musical with lots of music and dancing.....something like "Burlesque"?

UGH SERIOUSLY??!?! just when I thought we're gonna get an album which will be the only thing she focuses on, instead of being involved with 10 milion other big projects...ffs.

I get what you mean but Madonna has operated in this fashion since the start of her career

Even around LAP, ROL or COADF times and look at those records

Nothing new here

I don't think a new movie project will be detrimental to the quality of new music she's readying

As long as it's not another W.E. sized project she'll be more than fine

Instead of a dramatic love story,I wish Madonna would direct something a little more.....fun? Maybe a fun,lively musical with lots of music and dancing.....something like "Burlesque"?

joan-n-col-sanders.jpg

I don't know if this is required public disclosure but is there a record anywhere of how much it earned, both in video rentals and total box office gross ?

if you really want to know.... :chuckle:

partial http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1536048/business?ref_=tt_ql_dt_4

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=wemadonna.htm

but datas seems conflicting....and partials...however no much more than that...

Guest Loo Eli

if you really want to know.... :chuckle:

partial http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1536048/business?ref_=tt_ql_dt_4

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=wemadonna.htm

but datas seems conflicting....and partials...however no much more than that...

Haha. Highly partial I would say considering that box office accounts for around 25% of total film revenue....If Bruce Cohen hires her, Madonna could be much more of a draw than any of us imagine. :) .

The book is very short by the way - it's more of a novella. I read the whole thing on a single train journey. Couldn't put it down; beautifully written, devastating in places. I can see why she wants to do it. But it's too close to W.E. and not a big enough risk for her as a director. But who am I to say.

I agree - the book is great - though on film it could easily come across like "The Next Best Thing" in that it seems to be about one thing and then takes a very dark turn - and (Spoiler Alert) audiences tend not to like movies with unhappy endings...

Haha. Highly partial I would say considering that box office accounts for around 25% of total film revenue....If Bruce Cohen hires her, Madonna could be much more of a draw than any of us imagine. :) .

yes, but don't expect much higher figures.....