The Madonna movie Adé: A Love Story- UPDATE: Writer Found For the Project

LCD

sounds interesting and here comes the hysterical meltdown queens in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ... :stir:

:chuckle:

I dont' find the story very interesting, to be fair. ""The story centers on a 19-year-old American student traveling with a feminist companion in Africa who falls in love with a young Muslim man on an island off the coast of Kenya. Their hastily made plans to marry, however, get blown away by cultural and political forces".

But if Madonna likes it and inspires her, good for her.

:chuckle:

I dont' find the story very interesting, to be fair. ""The story centers on a 19-year-old American student traveling with a feminist companion in Africa who falls in love with a young Muslim man on an island off the coast of Kenya. Their hastily made plans to marry, however, get blown away by cultural and political forces".

But if Madonna likes it and inspires her, good for her.

To me, the story actually sounds interesting. Whether or not it will translate into a good film is another story. The book got really good reviews, but not every book translates well into a film. I haven't read the book, but maybe I will check it out.

oh well....they're searching for a screenwriter....maybe this time she's only directing....

...hope this project doesn't go overlapping with the album....

UGH SERIOUSLY??!?! just when I thought we're gonna get an album which will be the only thing she focuses on, instead of being involved with 10 milion other big projects...ffs.

Book review

Barnes & Noble

In this stunning debut novella, Rebecca Walker turns her attention to the power of love and the limitations of the human heart. When Farida, a sophisticated college student, falls in love with Adé, a young Swahili man living on an idyllic island off the coast of Kenya, the two plan to marry and envision a simple life togetherfree of worldly possessions and concerns. But when Farida contracts malaria and finds herself caught in the middle of a civil war, reality crashes in around them. The lovers solitude is interrupted by a world in the throes of massive upheaval that threatens to tear them apart, along with all they cherish.

Haunting, exquisite, and certain to become a classic, Adé will stay with you long after you put it down. This is a timeless love story set perfectly, heartbreakingly, in our time.

Another review of the book

Bibliotica

Review: Ade by Rebecca Walker

4 stars

About the Book, Ade, a Love Story:

In Adé, a free-spirited American woman and a Swahili Muslim man fall in love on the exquisite island of Lamu, off the coast of Kenya. There, they create their own paradise: living in a traditional small white house and creating their private language of intimacy. After an intense courtship, Adé asks for Faridas hand in marriage.

But when Adé and Farida are forced to leave the island in preparation for their wedding, Farida is faced by the unsettling and often violent realities of life on the mainland. And just as the Persian Gulf War begins, Farida succumbs to a disease that almost kills her, and alters her relationship with Adé forever.

A transcendent love story turned tale of survival, Adé explores what happens when one couples private idyll is interrupted by a world in the throes of massive upheaval.

Magical. Lyrical. Haunting. Those are the three words that came to mind from the first page of my copy of Rebecca Walkers amazing novel Ade, a Love Story, and by the time I was just a few more pages into the story, I was already swept into the tide of Faridas life from college student to world traveler to lover, to, finally, just WOMAN, she seemed as real to me as many of my own friends. I could see her in my minds eye, asking local people in various desert countries to help her broaden her vocabulary, until their words felt like her own, and I could feel her thirst for connection and passion.

Her friend Miriam also reminded me of people I knew still know and while I cant say that I disliked her, there were times when she annoyed me a little. Stop trying so hard, Id tell the version of her in my imagination. But then Id remember my own feelings of being an outsider.

Ade, the title character himself, was also very real to me, but I saw him in soft-focus, through Faridas eyes. Maybe it helps that my mother dated an Iranian man when I was a toddler (my father was never in the picture) or that I grew up in a diverse group of people from many different cultures, but I could almost hear his accent, his speech patterns almost smell this skin.

Its no secret that I read in the bath a lot. Even though my copy of Ade was a digital copy, and an uncorrected proof version at that, courtesy of TLC Book Tours and NetGalley, I took my Kindle into the bath with me to read this novel, and didnt come out til the water was ice cold and my fingers and toes totally pruney. Why? Because this book is THAT entrancing. The language, the settings, the characters all so vivid and so real.

Rebecca Walker, I know from her bio, writes for Marie Claire so its possible that Ive read some of her stuff without knowing it, as Im a long-time subscriber to that magazine. At times her voice seemed incredibly familiar, and that only made me enjoy the book more.

Ade is a love story, and I am in love with Ade and with Ms. Walkers writing. Brava!

I havent seen any movie directed by Madonna yet. And no because I dont want to. It just they never got released here in my country. Not even in the black market. Lol

I havent seen any movie directed by Madonna yet. And no because I dont want to. It just they never got released here in my country. Not even in the black market. Lol

:rotfl:

As long as she has NOTHING to do with the screenplay, I'm cool with it. I loved a lot of aspects of W/E and Filth & Wisdom. In her writing, Madonna tends to repeat her themes, whether it's music or film.

And yes, NEW album first!

Relax people. They haven't even found someone to write the script. And that doesn't even guarantee she will like the script enough to move forward with the project. It's obvious the album will be done first.

I wonder if the same people who say Madonna should work with whoever she wants and that we shouldn't judge it until we hear it, etc. are the first ones to whine about her making movies. Let her do what she wants. I think filmmaking is where her strongest passion is right now.