Happy 18th Birthday, EVITA Soundtrack

mtzlplk

It's a little late but November 12, 1996 was the day the Complete EVITA Soundtrack was released... I am so into this right now... gawd it seems like yesterday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4SYWmwVIVo&index=3&list=RDkRt4Hs1asv4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Spy3Nd2D6w&index=6&list=RDkRt4Hs1asv4

I wasn't a huge fan of Evita but she was exceptional in the role and her voice sounds marvelous through-out. To me, It's a big fuck-you to those who said she couldn't act or sing. Anyway, Happy birthday, Evita.

Guest whatatramp

YES! I was just about to make an Evita soundtrack appreciation thread!

Eva And Magaldi/Eva Beware Of The City, Another Suitcase in Another Hall, Goodnight and Thank You, I'd Be Surprisingly Good For You, Peron's Latest Flame, A New Argentina, Rainbow High are my faves :wow:

I got it a couple days before its official release. Listening to that album for the first time was quite an experience. I was imagining the movie in my head and of course, I got it all wrong. LOL

I love this soundtrack album to bits

Outstanding music and lyrics from Webber and Rice. Her level of commitment for this project was even more staggering than her norm. Her vocal output was terrific and her acting on point. Alan Parker, Antonio Banderas, Jonathan Pryce and the other actors did a marvellous job with the movie and the whole era was amazing from start to finish. Madonna Duarte Peron. A Queen among superstars of past, present and future.

I remember DCFMA and the film being released when I was in primary school, there were some kids who were really into it!

For me though, it just doesn't interest me that much, and I've heard it loads because my Brother blasts the soundtrack full volume all the time, it's one of his favourites!

Happy Anniversary!