New album thread: Madonna posts pic from studio with Nas (possibly)

Did Kool and the Gang take 50% royalties from Erotica single sales then like Abba did from Hung Up?

Just curious of it got the same amount of return?

It was the 1st time ABBA accepted to be sampled in a song of another artist. That's the reason why they asked and got 50% of royalties.

Just curious are you dumb on purpose or it's 100% natural?

After hearing the new Stromae track featured on the soundtrack of the Hunger Games: Mockingjay, I really wish they worked together on at least 1 track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJP6kLWHUNw

EDIT: I've just found out that they reworked an already released Stromae song, which serve as the instrumental of the song:

Anyway I really dig it :)

It also gave Madonna her only "classic" in the last ten years.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get together

Jump

Give it 2 me

Miles away

Girl gone wild

I'm a sinner

Love spent

CELEBRATION

Come on!!

I never understood why she collaborated with Minaj for the lead single in the first place. Isn't the only reason of collaborations US radio? US pop radio HATES Minaj. From her solo work only Starships and Super Bass did kind of well. Her songs never test well. Rap in general has not been testing well on POP since 2009. Not just Minaj.

Also, not releasing a rap-less version for HOT AC was the dumbest thing ever. HOT AC has become huge the last few years after the death of the Urban and Rhythmic formats in 2008-9.

Just give me a solo smash. It will smash everywhere! Who cares if it peaks at no18 on KIIS and z100 instead of no8? If anything, collaborations actually DECREASE Madonna's potential on the charts in Europe. In continental Europe, in every pretty much every country she is considered and treated like a local artist. That's how massively people relate to her. When she collaborates with people it is like she brings someone foreign that people can't relate to so it hurts the song's chart run.

In Greece where I am from, for example, GI2M was much bigger on radio than 4Minutes. Radio never plays Justin there (let alone Minaj!), but they were forced to because of her. For Madonna's standards it got very low scores on radio surveys. She needs to realize that she is an INTERNATIONAL superstar. Her songs should target the whole world. Not KIIS' playlist. Hung Up did well on US radio. People act like it was a massive flop just because it did not hit no1. Top20 on 2 huge formats, POP and HOT AC. Her COLLABORATION GMAYL could NEVER!

Finally, one might argue "then why GGW did nothing in those countries even though it is solo Madonna?". That is true, it did kind of well in some areas but there was literally no label support of any kind. It is an industry. You can't expect radio stations to just start playing a song without a little push by the label. A friend of mine who works at a radio station in Athens told me that Universal never did anything for the song. They never received any kind of promo or info. Not even a notification that it is the new single. Warner used to send them TONS of shit for each and every single!

I think Madonna wanted guests for the superbowl so she didn't have to do it alone, and Nicki gets to say things Madonna shouldn't herself (there's only one queen)- probably the same for the new song she is on. There's always the assumption that these people are there to get on the radio, but I don't really see that.

The sample Madonna used in Hung Up was certainly worth 50% royalties.

It was a price worth every penny, it gave Hung Up a genius boost and an iconic twist....and the pairing of 2 legendary music Giants was like a match made in P.R heaven!

It also gave Madonna her only "classic" in the last ten years.

tumblr_n4lsih9rgY1r3gb3zo1_400.gif

After hearing the new Stromae track featured on the soundtrack of the Hunger Games: Mockingjay, I really wish they worked together on at least 1 track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJP6kLWHUNw

EDIT: I've just found out that they reworked an already released Stromae song, which serve as the instrumental of the song:

Anyway I really dig it :)

FUCK THIS! I want the Grace Jones song and its only an album track!!!!!! STUPID MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!

FUCK THIS! I want the Grace Jones song and its only an album track!!!!!! STUPID MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!

Love the Grace Jones song as well. Too bad my earpods died yesterday, so i have to listen to the soundtrack with shitty new ones i bought today :D

Coming to this thread sometimes feels like attending a dinner party hosted by Hannibal Lecter.

I had another dream about the album last night. It was amazing. She was on fire in the video for the lead song. Literally in flames. It looked good. In my dream.

New sweetheart for # Madonna?

An important and reliable Italian

gossip site claims that Madonna

has a crush on 45yo German tenor

Jonas Kaufmann, newly divorced.

It seems Madonna called him for a

duet for the new album (as an

excuse to meet him). The two met

at the Christopher Makos exhibition

in London.

Let's wait and see what happens.

http://www.dagospia.com/rubrica-2/media_e_tv/sar-anche-tanto-macho-ma-po-imprenditore-frequenta-ragazzi-88692.htm

New sweetheart for # Madonna?

An important and reliable Italian

gossip site claims that Madonna

has a crush on 45yo German tenor

Jonas Kaufmann, newly divorced.

It seems Madonna called him for a

duet for the new album (as an

excuse to meet him). The two met

at the Christopher Makos exhibition

in London.

Let's wait and see what happens.

http://www.dagospia.com/rubrica-2/media_e_tv/sar-anche-tanto-macho-ma-po-imprenditore-frequenta-ragazzi-88692.htm

I want her to meet a nice Italian man.

Calling Hung Up a collab because of a simple ABBA sample is stupid.

That's not even a defensible point of view that one can agree to disagree over. It's just flat out stupid.

Hung Up could very much have stood on its own without the sample. The sample added to the iconic factor but it to say it's a collab greatly diminishes the production value of the song.

Also, not sure how some can say this album process is "messed up." We only have minor info and sneaks into what she's been up to. For all we know things are going smoothly and according to plan. There's no reason to think otherwise