New album thread: Madonna posts pic from studio with Nas (possibly)

A lot of these colabs introduce her to other fan bases. How many gays of the Britney generation are Madonna fans now?

Hmmmm

But many Britney fans love Madonna and vice versa anyways....I don't think MATM did anything for Madonna.

I hope its true about them both, why not?

We can live with another Nicki moment like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vyz0_S2ZrhY

Skip to 3:40

:laugh:

Hung Up wasn't a complete lead? Why? Because of the ABBA sample? lol

Now I've heard it all. And "Erotica" was a collaboration with Kool and the Gang! "Inside of Me" was a collaboration with Aaliyah, the Gap Band, and the Guttersnypes!

Now I've heard it all. And "Erotica" was a collaboration with Kool and the Gang! "Inside of Me" was a collaboration with Aaliyah, the Gap Band, and the Guttersnypes!

Hmm I kind of see what your saying but I think Hung Up had a much more obvious and superior sample with Abba....

So I would put it in a different league, essentially the Abba sample makes Hung Up...

The Erotica sample doesn't "make" Erotica.

I disagree. It's definitely an important part of the song, like "Genius of Love" was to "Fantasy," but no one in their right mind thinks it's a duet or collaboration. No one hears that song and doesn't think it's a solo M song. :lol2:

I mean, by your logic, "Vogue" features MFSB.

People throw Hung Up in now when trying to argue that she only does collaborative leads. She wanted Candy Shop as the Hard Candy lead, so I don't think it's something she's stuck on.

Hung up was the absolute obvious Lead from Confessions...

4minutes was loved by Warners, and Madonna was convinced to run with it but there were a "few" to choose from on Hard Candy!

The lead HAS been choosen for the new album, so I'm guessing Unapolgetic Bitch, has the same magic that Hung Up had as its already been so ear-marked as the lead by Diplo....

Did Kool and the Gang take 50% royalties from Erotica single sales then like Abba did from Hung Up?

Just curious of it got the same amount of return?

I guess there are many layers to songs but essentially, Hung Up is half an Abba song hence why Abba got HALF the royalties from the mega sales of the singe.

If it were half an Abba song it would be credited to Madonna and Abba.

Shep Pettibone gets half the royalties for Vogue. Big deal.

I guess there are many layers to songs but essentially, Hung Up is half an Abba song hence why Abba got HALF the royalties from the mega sales of the singe.

That ABBA sample is s genius addition to Hung Up but it us not "half" that song. Sorry.

That ABBA sample is s genius addition to Hung Up but it us not "half" that song. Sorry.

In the eyes of royalties it is half the Abba sample.

I do think without it, although it would of been a hit, I doubt it would of become her biggest selling single.

In the eyes of royalties it is half the Abba sample.

I do think without it, although it would of been a hit, I doubt it would of become her biggest selling single.

It's called ABBA doesn't give up sampling their music easily and "gasp" they are smart businessmen. Can we call any one else in the music Industry smart in business?

What about Like A Prayer with the choir and Nikki Harris featuring Pat Leonard on royalties?

The sample Madonna used in Hung Up was certainly worth 50% royalties.

It was a price worth every penny, it gave Hung Up a genius boost and an iconic twist....and the pairing of 2 legendary music Giants was like a match made in P.R heaven!

It also gave Madonna her only "classic" in the last ten years.

I know its hated by her core fanbase, but 4 M is pretty iconic to a lot of the general public as well

At my work, most of the guys I work with are young, early 20 something, straight guys and a lot of them love that song or have it on their Ipad

I've been reading a lot of negative comments online lately about the lyrics to Unapologetic Bitch (popping bottles that you can't afford - saying its immature etc) and I can't help but wonder? :/

I wish we had an official leak of the music for something, just a snippet, to set the record straight. The guessing, just based on lyrics, is driving me mad.

Also I wonder if she ever hears the fake leaks after they've leaked? That last one was amazing! I'd be livid if I was her and I heard that. I'm sure hers will be great though. :)

The lead HAS been choosen for the new album, so I'm guessing Unapolgetic Bitch, has the same magic that Hung Up had as its already been so ear-marked as the lead by Diplo....

Or what about Bitch I'm Madonna, that always seemed like a good first single statement to make? And I'm sure that's Diplo too.