New album thread: Madonna posts pic from studio with Nas (possibly)

Preach it!

Both DM and Rama indicated that it's Madonna with a touch of Avicii rather than the opposite :)

What the fuck would DM and Rama know? The only thing they've done is post drawings by Robster and basically call these mysterious clips they've mysteriously heard mediocre.

What the fuck would DM and Rama know? The only thing they've done is post drawings by Robster and basically call these mysterious clips they've mysteriously heard mediocre.

Are you kidding?

Drowned Madonna posted some news about a song called "Joan of Arc" and later, that same day, Madonna herself posted a picture of a book "Joan of Arc" on Instagram. Unless it was the biggest coincidence in the world, we can assume the news they receive are true...

M sure knows how to tease her fans.

Are you kidding?

Drowned Madonna posted some news about a song called "Joan of Arc" and later, that same day, Madonna herself posted a picture of a book "Joan of Arc" on Instagram. Unless it was the biggest coincidence in the world, we can assume the news they receive are true...

M sure knows how to tease her fans.

What was the Joan of Arc book? I just happened to read a biography of Joan of Arc by Kathryn Harrison. I'm not that big on Joan of Arc but I read it because I'm a huge fan of Kathryn. She's known as a novelist and just is a great writer. It's not a standard biography but kind of has novelistic and interpretive elements to it. It's a great book. I wonder if Madonna has read it. And if that inspired the song.

"After revealing Wash All Over Me, we at DrownedMadonna.com are very excited to disclose the title and details of another song that Madonna recorded for her upcoming album. It’s called Joan of Arc. Take your handkerchief and get ready to cry. This one is for us… her fans!

Joan of Arc is really heartwarming. It is a gorgeous ballad on the guitair in which Madonna shows her fragility.

Actually, it is the most vulnerable Madonna has ever been. She asks fans for strength.

In Joan of Arc, Madonna‘s vocals are as fabulous as they are in You Must Love Me from Evita.

The track talks about how the world expects her to be a hero. Madonna talks about the press, how bad words put her down… and this breaks her heart.

Madonna needs to be comforted, because she’s “not Joan of Arc.” She calls her fans her soldiers “on which I can depend on.”

"I don’t wanna talk about it right now / Just hold me while I cry my eyes out / I’m not Joan of Arc, not yet / But I’m in the dark"

And THEN Madonna posted this:

madonna_instagram_201409_03.jpg

That's right #read

"After revealing Wash All Over Me, we at DrownedMadonna.com are very excited to disclose the title and details of another song that Madonna recorded for her upcoming album. Its called Joan of Arc. Take your handkerchief and get ready to cry. This one is for us her fans!

Joan of Arc is really heartwarming. It is a gorgeous ballad on the guitair in which Madonna shows her fragility.

Actually, it is the most vulnerable Madonna has ever been. She asks fans for strength.

In Joan of Arc, Madonnas vocals are as fabulous as they are in You Must Love Me from Evita.

The track talks about how the world expects her to be a hero. Madonna talks about the press, how bad words put her down and this breaks her heart.

Madonna needs to be comforted, because shes not Joan of Arc. She calls her fans her soldiers on which I can depend on.

"I dont wanna talk about it right now / Just hold me while I cry my eyes out / Im not Joan of Arc, not yet / But Im in the dark"

And THEN Madonna posted this:

madonna_instagram_201409_03.jpg

That's right #read

She knew it. :thumbsup:

Thanks Mat.Guy.

I'm susprised to see that some die-hard Madonna fans here don't even know what Madonna posted on her Instagram! The Joan of Arc thing was big, this song will be epic! :sassy:

On the same topic, here are the lyrics from Messiah that Madonna teased months ago :

I am the promise
that you cannot keep
reep what you sow
find what you seek

I am the sorceress
down in the deep
I am the earth
under your feet

I am the moon with no light of my own

You are the sun guarding your throne

I heard the angels whisper to me
look for the signs
he is the one

I'll light a candle here in the dark
making my way
to your heart

And the lyrics for Wash All Over Me :

All of my illusions
Could be shattered
In a second
You can thread a needle
With a teardrop from my eye

It's a cruel injustice
To be witness
To the things I see
Looking for the answer

[...]
Who am I to decide what should be done?
If this is the end then let it come
Let it come, let it rain
Rain all over me

These are the only full official lyrics we have, but Drowned Madonna has many others (and I think we can trust them now, since their news about Joan of arc were true).

Edited by Moka

Thanks Mat.Guy.

I'm susprised to see that some die-hard Madonna fans here don't even know what Madonna posted on her Instagram! The Joan of Arc thing was big, this song will be epic! :sassy:

On the same topic, here are the lyrics from Messiah that Madonna teased months ago :

And the lyrics for Wash All Over Me :

These are the only full official lyrics we have, but Drowned Madonna has many others (and I think we can trust them now, since their news about Joan of arc were true).

Madonna used the "needle" line with the Messiah hashtag just a few days ago tho