New album thread: Madonna posts pic from studio with Nas (possibly)

Rebel Heart (album) went to No. 1 in 38 countries, and ultimately outsold MDNA so it was definitely an improvement. Unfortunately Interscope fucked things up by only allowing two single releases under their budget ("Living for Love" and "Messiah"). Madonna really wanted "Unapologetic Bitch" and "Rebel Heart" to be released and there was a fan campaign too but the label wouldn't commission any more videos. For that and other reasons involving Guy O and LiveNation, Madonna decided against going on a tour for the Rebel Heart album. Although fans were disappointed, the stars just didn't align this time.

But she's already said that there's a 99% possibility she will be touring for the 2018 album so that's what we're all hoping for.

imagine if this'll come true... :dead::dead::dead:

but that's not fair! is it only with madonna or all artists of universal? that's such bullshit :/ (not what you say, but the situation) I miss warner :/

WB was M's record company...Interscope paid her to distribute her albums...big difference.

Under Universal/Interscope a global dominance ala COADF is impossible. They will push the album only in North America again. Especially in small markets things are really bad. I know someone who works at one of the biggest pop stations in Athens, Greece and Universal did nothing for MDNA and its singles. Not even basic things.They used to receive all kinds of shit from Warner for pretty much all her singles, not just the lead.

local act? that won't happen dear.

Guest Rachelle of London

I feature on the album. Can't wait for you guys to see what I've been up to.

Still not talking to you for not getting me an autograph

Under Universal/Interscope a global dominance ala COADF is impossible. They will push the album only in North America again. Especially in small markets things are really bad. I know someone who works at one of the biggest pop stations in Athens, Greece and Universal did nothing for MDNA and its singles. Not even basic things.They used to receive all kinds of shit from Warner for pretty much all her singles, not just the lead.

Exactly. Those days are gone and the main reason of Interscope for her right now is the TOUR. Nothing else, at least we got a proper promo from Warner. :(

Exactly. Those days are gone and the main reason of Interscope for her right now is the TOUR. Nothing else, at least we got a proper promo from Warner. :(

I wonder if the people bitching now are the same ones who complained for years about how WB was out of touch and had no power anymore and was ruining M's career.

Main reason for Interscope is the tour???

She signed a touring and record deal with Live Nation. Interscope is just there for distributing Her albums and doing a few promotional things here and there.

Now where is my damn pizza?

Oh shit. How much did Rebel Heart sell? Did it chart?

The album was actually called Madonut and it unfortunately failed to chart. See artwork below:

tumblr_lvlukbYw651qa2t0io6_500.jpg

The lead single "We R Superstars" (featuring Katy Perry and Miley Cyrus and a subliminal sample of Unapologetic Bitch that only her true blue fans could hear) failed to chart also because only Madonna was a superstar and the general public obviously did not respond well to the inaccuracy of the title.

The second single "Unpredictable" (featuring Indigo only and not Madonna) predictably also failed to chart since Guy O insisted on non-traditional promotion that included Olga, the dog, being interviewed by Howard Stern (citing that Madonna actually mouths along to her own songs) and Ariel Pink leaking that FACT that he was invited to write for Madonna since she hasn't had a decent song since the first album.

Obviously, this created a backlash which translated to poor sales.

Not necessarily. A great record that touches the public consciousness, hits the zeitgeist, if you will.... can, and will take off around the world. Regardless of how many er... pop-up counter displays are manufactured, or promo pens are given to a radio station etc.

The album was actually called Madonut and it unfortunately failed to chart. See artwork below:

The lead single "We R Superstars" (featuring Katy Perry and Miley Cyrus and a subliminal sample of Unapologetic Bitch that only her true blue fans could hear) failed to chart also because only Madonna was a superstar and the general public obviously did not respond well to the inaccuracy of the title.

The second single "Unpredictable" (featuring Indigo only and not Madonna) predictably also failed to chart since Guy O insisted on non-traditional promotion that included Olga, the dog, being interviewed by Howard Stern (citing that Madonna actually mouths along to her own songs) and Ariel Pink leaking that FACT that he was invited to write for Madonna since she hasn't had a decent song since the first album.

Oh. My. God. :dead: :dead: :dead:

juicy hot pizza or new record, which one you'd prefer?

You can get a pizza any day of the week but a new Madonna album only comes every 4 years or so. Hot new record.

tumblr_m3ubjwGH7A1r61ow4.gif

Oh. My. God. :dead: :dead: :dead:

She's a fucking genius! Just misunderstood :sleep:

So I guess we'll have to wait for the next album, then...

75200975.jpg