New album thread: Madonna posts pic from studio with Nas (possibly)

Guest eroticerotic

Madonna - Like A Virgin = 1.4 years

Like A Virgin - True Blue = 1.7 years

True Blue - Like A Prayer = 2.9 years

Like A Prayer - Erotica = 3.7 years

Erotica - Bedtime Stories = 2 years

Bedtime Stories - Ray Of Light = 3.4 years

Ray Of Light - Music = 2.7 years

Music - American Life = 2.7 years

American Life - Confessions On A Dance Floor = 2.7 years

Confessions On A Dance Floor - Hard Candy = 2.5 years

Hard Candy - MDNA = 3.11 years (almost 4!)

MDNA - Rebel Heart = 2.8 ( so far)

It's still kind of early for RH looking at these time frames actually!

I'm sorry, this isn't directed at any one person but this world is so damn spastic and impatient these days. Madonna is taking the same amount of time she always takes to work on an album. How that = the album is in trouble or the record company doesn't like it or she's unhappy etc etc completely evades me. People need to lay off the meth.....lol and calm the fuck down. I want the album ASAP just like anyone, but how some of you completely dream up these "hum drum" scenarios I just don't understand. It's like a forum full of fucking "chicken littles".......lol. Smoke some weed or something. CHILL!

It's a nice post but hey, who said it is a drama? I love to speculate, to hear rumors, to imagine Madonna working with this person or that person, trying this genre or that genre. Yeah maybe it will take another year to have the new album, but it's part of the enjoyement to wait and imagine (dream?) what it will be.

Plus, Madonna herself has been teasing us on Instagram since February, she even said that it will be for "soon"... 4 months ago. She tagged Miley Cyrus and others in her pictures, even Pharrel's hat. She shared pictures of a photoshoot not saying what it is. Do you think she doesn't want us to be excited by this new album?

I think it's really smart to do that after MDNA and the "no time for promo". Her fans are getting excited about this new album, and even big medias keep writing about it. Yeah, even the medias which wrote shit about her (like she should retire) in 2012. Now they're all on their knees, begging for news.

I've read many comments from Katy Perry fans or Miley Cyrus fans who are waiting for this new album because of these rumored collabs. I don't think it will happen, but people (and not only fans this time) are waiting to hear this new album.

If some people don't want to read rumors or people waiting for an album, they should not read fan forums. When this album will be released, we will all be happy. And in a few years, many fans will say "Hey, do you remember the long wait for that album, and all the crazy speculations, and the good laughs?".

And after all, Madonna is our mistress, right? Wanting waiting needing. That's what she wants us to do! :smooch:

Edited by Moka

It's a nice post but hey, who said it is a drama? I love to speculate, to hear rumors, to imagine Madonna working with this person or that person, trying this genre or that genre. Yeah maybe it will take another year to have the new album, but it's part of the enjoyement to wait and imagine (dream?) what it will be.

Plus, Madonna herself has been teasing us on Instagram since February, she even said that it will be for "soon"... 4 months ago. She tagged Miley Cyrus and others in her pictures, even Pharrel's hat. She shared pictures of a photoshoot not saying what it is. Do you think she doesn't want us to be excited by this new album?

I think it's really smart to do that after MDNA and the "no time for promo". Her fans are getting excited about this new album, and even big medias keep writing about it. Yeah, even the medias which wrote shit about her (like she should retire) in 2012. Now they're all on their knees, begging for news.

I've read many comments from Katy Perry fans or Miley Cyrus fans who are waiting for this new album because of these rumored collabs. I don't think it will happen, but people (and not only fans this time) are waiting to hear this new album.

If some people don't want to read rumors or people waiting for an album, they should not read fan forums. When this album will be released, we will all be happy. And in a few years, many fans will say "Hey, do you remember the long wait for that album, and all the crazy speculations, and the good laughs?".

And after all, Madonna is our mistress, right? Wanting waiting needing. That's what she wants us to do! :smooch:

Thank you!! I really think the same!! 10% of the fun with a new album is the rumours anticipation etc. That's not a bad thing what else can we do!! We are waiting and having fun before the storm!!! People need to chill and relax. Stop taking everything so seriously. If we want to say Coming soon, we can! If we want to talk about pizzadonna, we can!! If we want to talk about a fake leak, we can. Relax. Read. Comment if you want. If you don't want, just ignore!!

Why are we seperated. I thought that we were related!

i don't really want any collaborations.... i want pure madonna, simple music, no rappers please. i don't know if she is really working on a new album, or just occasionally having fun in studio without any intentions to make an album. if done properly, she could release a new album every year without sacrificing quality - it looks like she is becoming too lazy, or just does not take music seriously anymore.

Have a strong feeling that another Royal flush is on it's way.

official confirmation she's duetting with Katy Perry on the album cuz it's a dark horse yo. :yes::crazy:

Read The Signs! #unapologetichorse
10785113_799771216748483_1398152567_n.jp

:lmao:

Madonna - Like A Virgin = 1.4 years

Like A Virgin - True Blue = 1.7 years

True Blue - Like A Prayer = 2.9 years

Like A Prayer - Erotica = 3.7 years

Erotica - Bedtime Stories = 2 years

Bedtime Stories - Ray Of Light = 3.4 years

Ray Of Light - Music = 2.7 years

Music - American Life = 2.7 years

American Life - Confessions On A Dance Floor = 2.7 years

Confessions On A Dance Floor - Hard Candy = 2.5 years

Hard Candy - MDNA = 3.11 years (almost 4!)

MDNA - Rebel Heart = 2.8 ( so far)

It's still kind of early for RH looking at these time frames actually!

We had Immaculate, Evita/STR and Celebration in-between though. :fag: This period has been the longest we've waited for new music.

General rule of thumb for future reference......

It's typically 1 yr from the time we start hearing she's working on an album until we HEAR the album. YES, there may be some minor variations to the time window, but overall it's usually around 1 yr....

We started hearing she was "looking" for collaborators in early '11......we got MDNA Spring '12.

There was a radio interview in Jan-Feb '07 where Madonna said Pharrell was waiting downstairs for her (or something to that effect) and we got HC Spring '08

We heard she was working on a "musical" in Fall '04 and we got COADF in Fall '05

Etc etc etc....

I'm sorry, this isn't directed at any one person but this world is so damn spastic and impatient these days. Madonna is taking the same amount of time she always takes to work on an album. How that = the album is in trouble or the record company doesn't like it or she's unhappy etc etc completely evades me. People need to lay off the meth.....lol and calm the fuck down. I want the album ASAP just like anyone, but how some of you completely dream up these "hum drum" scenarios I just don't understand. It's like a forum full of fucking "chicken littles".......lol. Smoke some weed or something. CHILL!

Well fucking said kurt

We had Immaculate, Evita/STR and Celebration in-between though. :fag: This period has been the longest we've waited for new music.

I remember hearing her say in a couple of interviews that she was sort of contractually obligated to release an album every 2/2.5 years under WB.

That's no longer the case...

a bit weary of So many frigging producers & collaborators from a broad musical spectrum( allegedly tweaking, remixing, and reworking...I have a feeling she hasn't settled yet on what she wants this album to be .. Hope the end result is cohesive ,fresh sounding and unmistakably Madonna.

I feel the same way but i dont see or feel it as something negative or to worry about...i think shes just trying new things, experimenting...

Just like she tried new things during the MSNA Tour(adding songs etc), maybe she's also changed the way she records an album...

Regarding the rappers etc, as long as its not that prominent(GMAYL), im ok with it.

I know it seems like she's spending a long time working on this album but it may not be that much longer than previous albums. It just seems longer because she is on instagram now and so we know every person she worked with. On previous albums, since she wasn't on instagram we didn't know exactly when she started working on it and didn't know every person she worked with some of whose songs ended up not being used. We as hard core fans are following all the stuff on instagram and speculating, but a lot of more casual fans and just everyday people aren't following all of this.

Agree but in that case Madonna and team should have been smart and realised this. Anticipating an album should be FUN and not torture, and they should have seen to this in my opinion.

I was expecting her to release the new album this year since Madonna posted on instagram a quote with a caption "2014 its mine" back in January. But i can wait next year. :(

every year is hers, album or not