New album thread: Madonna posts pic from studio with Nas (possibly)

He just didn't say what song it was but judging by her hashtags, it's unapologetic bitch, she tags it all the time.

Recently it's more #RebelHeart! Even the recent photoshoot with Mert and Marcus!

Yeah, his dog lives in a huge mansion in the south of France ! That's why Guy needs so much money lol.

But seriously, I don't think there will be much left of Avicii's work on this album... Madonna stopped talking about him months ago, it's all about Diplo now. I think it's linked to the fact that he has health problems and had to cancel his shows till the end of the year... He may be incapable of finishing his work on the album and promoting it with M...

I think is just because the songs he and his team worked with Madonna were pretty much done. I am quite certain his songs are going to make it. I know it's not something concrete, but the two fan sites with access to all the demos said his songs were the best of them all.

At least these songs we can expect: Rebel Heart; Messiah; Addicted; Heartbreak City; Wash All Over Me

I will admit one thing: the ABBA sample is everything on that track. And the bassline. The lyrics and vocals, not so much.

No.
Diplo said Nikki Minaj has done something on the album.

Would Madonna bother with a collabration and not release it as a lead?
Time will tell.

"Revolver"? I never understood the point of doing such a piece of shit song with such an horrible guest if she wasn't going to release it first or at least promote the single. Not even a video. So the answer is yes, why not? She likes Nikki.

I never understood why she collaborated with Minaj for the lead single in the first place. Isn't the only reason of collaborations US radio? US pop radio HATES Minaj. From her solo work only Starships and Super Bass did kind of well. Her songs never test well. Rap in general has not been testing well on POP since 2009. Not just Minaj.

Also, not releasing a rap-less version for HOT AC was the dumbest thing ever. HOT AC has become huge the last few years after the death of the Urban and Rhythmic formats in 2008-9.

Just give me a solo smash. It will smash everywhere! Who cares if it peaks at no18 on KIIS and z100 instead of no8? If anything, collaborations actually DECREASE Madonna's potential on the charts in Europe. In continental Europe, in every pretty much every country she is considered and treated like a local artist. That's how massively people relate to her. When she collaborates with people it is like she brings someone foreign that people can't relate to so it hurts the song's chart run.

In Greece where I am from, for example, GI2M was much bigger on radio than 4Minutes. Radio never plays Justin there (let alone Minaj!), but they were forced to because of her. For Madonna's standards it got very low scores on radio surveys. She needs to realize that she is an INTERNATIONAL superstar. Her songs should target the whole world. Not KIIS' playlist. Hung Up did well on US radio. People act like it was a massive flop just because it did not hit no1. Top20 on 2 huge formats, POP and HOT AC. Her COLLABORATION GMAYL could NEVER!

Finally, one might argue "then why GGW did nothing in those countries even though it is solo Madonna?". That is true, it did kind of well in some areas but there was literally no label support of any kind. It is an industry. You can't expect radio stations to just start playing a song without a little push by the label. A friend of mine who works at a radio station in Athens told me that Universal never did anything for the song. They never received any kind of promo or info. Not even a notification that it is the new single. Warner used to send them TONS of shit for each and every single!

Hmm. I agree with you partly. The U.S. is where Madonna was born and where she lives. And it's the biggest music market in the world. And success here has been hit or miss for her in the last decade, so it might partly be wanting what she can't have. I think she knows it's easier for her in the rest of the world, so she maybe takes it for granted a little.

First time for ABBA allowing sample or cover was Erasure back in late 80s, I believe! Lay all your love on me! Or Gimme! Gimme!Gimme! A Man after Midnight!

ABBA didn't need to allow Erasure to cover them, anyone can cover anyone as far as I know...?

But using a specific sample of a song is different, you need permission from who ever owns it.

Didn't Madonna stop MadHouse printing the lyrics to Like a Prayer but she couldn't stop the cover.

I've never believed that this demo is real. All stories about the making of the song point to suggest that it was build around the ABBA sample. It sounds like it's been made using the stems.

I don't think that "demo" is real either. I'm pretty sure the ABBA sample was there from the beginning,