10 Things Millennials Don’t Understand About Madonna

CMoody

I guess they talk about US millenials when they have to explain that Madonna is relevant.

It's true. US kids dish out the most ignorance and disrespect regarding Madonna. This article is dead on....and some of the points are relevant to all generations of critics.

This is great, but as usual they fucked up one thing:

Madge took a prominent songwriting role with 1986′s True Blue and has continued to wow us with her confessional lyrics and addictive choruses. Since 1989′s Like a Prayer, she’s co-written every song on her studio albums (except “Fever” and “Bedtime Story”). In an age of hit-makers like Max Martin and Dr. Luke, that’s an incredible feat.

Madonna wrote the majority of the songs on her debut alone, and she has been a co-writer on all of her albums.

This is great, but as usual they fucked up one thing:

Madonna wrote the majority of the songs on her debut alone, and she has been a co-writer on all of her albums.

thats what i thought but all in all, great article! even with the IDEA that she began writing the songs from True Blue and on, that's still pretty amazing and the biggest chunks of her career are from her co-writing credits. that still shows all these morons more than they are willing to believe.

thats what i thought but all in all, great article! even with the IDEA that she began writing the songs from True Blue and on, that's still pretty amazing and the biggest chunks of her career are from her co-writing credits. that still shows all these morons more than they are willing to believe.

Yeah, I like the piece overall and that they even acknowledged her song writing, but no gold star! lol

that performance of "sooner or later" at the grammy's in the vh1 article, is most probably one of her best live vocal performance in her thirty two year long career. I was truly blown away by it. wow, she is definitely a vocal powerhouse right up there with Celine Dion & Mariah Carey but with so much more.....she's truly an amazingly gifted vocalist.

we should start a campaign to get Madonna to perform that exact same rendition of SOL on her upcoming tour.....

your thoughts mNationers???

I really enjoyed reading this! It also does feel a little sad so many of the millennials completely overlook or disregard M & her fascinating legacy in music & culture. :sad:

M was influential & controversial without needing to tweet endlessly or having a god forbid public meltdown.

Guest CzarnaWisnia

I guess "millenials" are people born since 2000? Why get panties in a knot over teenagers not respecting pop singers from previous generations? That's what teenagers do. But yes, pointing out M's achievements is always good news.

I guess "millenials" are people born since 2000? Why get panties in a knot over teenagers not respecting pop singers from previous generations? That's what teenagers do. But yes, pointing out M's achievements is always good news.

This term confuses me, because according to my searches on google, millennial's are people born between 1984 and 1996, great article, very true!