Jennifer Lopez on being inspired by Madonna

XXL

Hahahahaha what was that interview? From 1998? Hahahahaa so pretentious and classy, she really shows her real roots from the Bronx, I remember also one interview from 2010 or 2011 where she says that the Academy should have gave her an Oscar already...

I love her because she's kinda clumsy and bitchy, her music is funny, she has a few good tracks and she belongs to Las Vegas, sooner or later she will land her contract like Cher and Shania Twat, Brenda Spears is another story.

no, none will see her in Vegas. She will never get that kinda contract for live show.

I thought Janet was her inspiration

I don't see any oil billionaires lining up to whisk Henny off to a life of idle luxury as a trophy wife, so I don't think she can follow that trail of inspiration any longer.

j-hoe is just realizing how hard it is for a woman over 40 in the pop game....now they praise madonna...lol

:rotfl:

So true

Particularly when you consider that Madonna's career in her 40s was ten times the size of JLO's career in her 30s, let alone a JLO post 40

Has anyone else here seen her desperation-frenzy "Booty" video?

The bitch practically has cum on her face in one scene :rotfl:

Booty? :blink:

Is it another video/song about her ass? Why does she always talk about her ass? Does she have a new perfume out? Oh right, she's promoting a book "she wrote" about her "career" and when she was a little girl she saw Madonna jogging in Central Park and felt inspired by her. She really could have used some more Madonna inspiration.

VILE :vomit:

Lest we forget, she was originally turned down for a record contract until she bearded for PUFF Daddy. In her E! True Hollywood Story, the record executive bitch said she didn't have a voice, but you don't have to sing like Whitney or Mariah to have a successful recording career and cited Janet and Madonna as two singers without great voices. Ugh, how dare she put Madonna down to their level. :voodoo:

:lol:

"So, what's your theory about why you, why right now?" I ask her as an opening shot.

"Because I'm the best," Lopez declares, laughing in delight at her own chutzpah. "I feel I can do anything - any kind of role. I'm fearless." A fearless Hollywood actress? Can I actually be hearing right? "I work really hard," answers Lopez. "I'll just get better as I go along because I'm open to getting better. If you have the goods, there's nothing to be afraid of. If somebody doesn't have the goods, they're insecure. I don't have that problem. I'm not the best actress that ever lived, but I know I'm pretty good."

Lopez's theory of nothing-to-fear-but-fear itself is more elaborately worked out than it sounds on first hearing. "I have the 'stardom glow,"' she confides warmly. The what? "See, I grew up watching real movie stars - Ava Gardner, Rita Hayworth, Marilyn Monroe. Glamorous women like those are why I wanted to get into the business. And from the time I first started off as an actress, each day I had an audition, I'd wake up, do my hair and my makeup, look at myself in the mirror and say, I have the stardom glow today.' A lot of people go into meetings and auditions all nervous. No! You've got to have WOW! I tell my actress friends this all the time. I walk into auditions going, 'What's gonna make me different from all the other girls here?' They're looking for the next star to walk into that room. It's about being alive, open, electric, confident. That's the 'wow.' :rotfl:

Lopez herself made them pay when she landed the role. The flat-out outrageous $5 million she asked for ended up to be an only fairly outrageous reported $2 million. "I want to make as much or more than Demi Moore when it's my time," she declares.

"I think George Clooney's getting $10 million for this movie. (Universal) thought they were going to get me cheap from the beginning, but I kept telling my agent, 'No, no, no! Keep asking!" When my agent called me saying 'What should we say to them' I said, 'Say, Who's going to break their ass promoting this movie while George is on "ER"? Say, Anaconda is now over $100 million worldwide and why do you think girls between the ages of 18 and 25 went to see it more than any other action movies - because of Ice Cube?' :lmao:

The head of Universal called my manager saying, 'You guys are not looking at the long run.' You know whatever excuse they can give to keep another dollar in their pocket. I don't take it personally, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to fight for what I feel. We are looking at the long run, they're not. Eventually, they're going to pay. People don't believe it yet, but right now I'm very underpaid."

Now that Lopez has edged up to what she calls "the bottom of the A-list of actresses." how does she view the women with whom she's been in contention for roles?

Like, say, Salma Hayek? "We're in two different realms. She's a sexy bombshell and those are the kinds of roles she does. I do all kinds of different things. It makes me laugh when she says she got offered Selena, which was an outright lie. If that's what she does to get herself publicity, then that's her thing. Columbia offered me the choice of Fools Rush In or Anaconda, but I chose the fun B-movie because the Fools script wasn't strong enough."

Cameron Diaz? "A lucky model who's been given a lot of opportunities I just wish she would have done more with. She's beautiful and has a great presence, though, and in My Best Friend's Wedding, I thought, 'When directed, she can be good.'"

Gwyneth Paltrow? "Tell me what she's been in? I swear to God, I don't remember anything she was in. Some people get hot by association. I heard more about her and Brad Pitt than I ever heard about her work."

Claire Danes? "A good actress. Her emotional and inner life are available to her, which is a good start. But I feel like I see a lot of the same thing with every character she does. She's not that way in U-Turn, though."

Winona Ryder? "I was never a big fan of hers. In Hollywood she's revered, she gets nominated for Oscars, but I've never heard anyone in the public or among my friends say, 'Oh, I love her.' She's cute and talented, though, and I'd like her just for looking like my older sister, Leslie."

Madonna? "Do I think she's a great performer? Yeah. Do I think she's a great actress? No. Acting is what I do, so I'm harder on people when they say, 'Oh, I can do that - I can act.' I'm like, 'Hey, don't spit on my craft."'

697009-l-actrice-et-chanteuse-jennifer-l

Seriously?

The fuck? Is this shit real? :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

I've always been pretty indifferent about her...but I never knew she was this bad.

:dead: :dead: :dead:

The whole article is GOLD. She also said she would have to do both of the main female roles in a remake of West Side Story. :lmao: She learnt how to do PR early on and would never make that mistake again, sending out apology letters to everyone concerned.

Then in her glorious nadir of being arrested on Millennium New Year's Eve (so much for alleged classic Waiting For Tonight video) with that P Diddy shootout, she gatecrashed Donnatella's party and when she came in Madonna said "dinner is over!". :rotfl::wow::sassy::catty::queenbitch:

Check her rider for a CHARITY gig - http://www.thesmokinggun.com/backstage/divas/jennifer-lopez-0

The fuck? Is this shit real? :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

I've always been pretty indifferent about her...but I never knew she was this bad.

:dead: :dead: :dead:

I remember reading a story that M got back at her during a dinner party Donatella Versace hosted. J.lo came in late and as Donatella comes to greet her, Madonna made a remark - dinner's over or somethng like that and then walked out the party with her entourage.

Madonna and Jennifer Lopez met and spoke amicably at Herb Ritts' memorial service in 2003.

But actually Madonna has also consistently been sarcastic / bitchy about Jennifer Lopez since that infamous interview by the Ho:

- She remarked that a lot of pop stars "study her" when they come to see her live - and she was referring to Jennifer Lopez.

- The aforementioned "party is over" comment at the Millennium NYE party at Donatella's is third hand of course but it's been documented by various sources.

- The "nice ass" remark on Ellen in 2012. Fun but let's face it, hardly super complementary.

So I think the moral of story is (as we all know): Madonna has the memory of an elephant* !!!!

* (except when it comes to her own back catalogue of music)

"So, what's your theory about why you, why right now?" I ask her as an opening shot.

"Because I'm the best," Lopez declares, laughing in delight at her own chutzpah. "I feel I can do anything - any kind of role. I'm fearless." A fearless Hollywood actress? Can I actually be hearing right? "I work really hard," answers Lopez. "I'll just get better as I go along because I'm open to getting better. If you have the goods, there's nothing to be afraid of. If somebody doesn't have the goods, they're insecure. I don't have that problem. I'm not the best actress that ever lived, but I know I'm pretty good."

Lopez's theory of nothing-to-fear-but-fear itself is more elaborately worked out than it sounds on first hearing. "I have the 'stardom glow,"' she confides warmly. The what? "See, I grew up watching real movie stars - Ava Gardner, Rita Hayworth, Marilyn Monroe. Glamorous women like those are why I wanted to get into the business. And from the time I first started off as an actress, each day I had an audition, I'd wake up, do my hair and my makeup, look at myself in the mirror and say, I have the stardom glow today.' A lot of people go into meetings and auditions all nervous. No! You've got to have WOW! I tell my actress friends this all the time. I walk into auditions going, 'What's gonna make me different from all the other girls here?' They're looking for the next star to walk into that room. It's about being alive, open, electric, confident. That's the 'wow.' :rotfl:

Lopez herself made them pay when she landed the role. The flat-out outrageous $5 million she asked for ended up to be an only fairly outrageous reported $2 million. "I want to make as much or more than Demi Moore when it's my time," she declares.

"I think George Clooney's getting $10 million for this movie. (Universal) thought they were going to get me cheap from the beginning, but I kept telling my agent, 'No, no, no! Keep asking!" When my agent called me saying 'What should we say to them' I said, 'Say, Who's going to break their ass promoting this movie while George is on "ER"? Say, Anaconda is now over $100 million worldwide and why do you think girls between the ages of 18 and 25 went to see it more than any other action movies - because of Ice Cube?' :lmao:

The head of Universal called my manager saying, 'You guys are not looking at the long run.' You know whatever excuse they can give to keep another dollar in their pocket. I don't take it personally, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to fight for what I feel. We are looking at the long run, they're not. Eventually, they're going to pay. People don't believe it yet, but right now I'm very underpaid."

Now that Lopez has edged up to what she calls "the bottom of the A-list of actresses." how does she view the women with whom she's been in contention for roles?

Like, say, Salma Hayek? "We're in two different realms. She's a sexy bombshell and those are the kinds of roles she does. I do all kinds of different things. It makes me laugh when she says she got offered Selena, which was an outright lie. If that's what she does to get herself publicity, then that's her thing. Columbia offered me the choice of Fools Rush In or Anaconda, but I chose the fun B-movie because the Fools script wasn't strong enough."

Cameron Diaz? "A lucky model who's been given a lot of opportunities I just wish she would have done more with. She's beautiful and has a great presence, though, and in My Best Friend's Wedding, I thought, 'When directed, she can be good.'"

Gwyneth Paltrow? "Tell me what she's been in? I swear to God, I don't remember anything she was in. Some people get hot by association. I heard more about her and Brad Pitt than I ever heard about her work."

Claire Danes? "A good actress. Her emotional and inner life are available to her, which is a good start. But I feel like I see a lot of the same thing with every character she does. She's not that way in U-Turn, though."

Winona Ryder? "I was never a big fan of hers. In Hollywood she's revered, she gets nominated for Oscars, but I've never heard anyone in the public or among my friends say, 'Oh, I love her.' She's cute and talented, though, and I'd like her just for looking like my older sister, Leslie."

Madonna? "Do I think she's a great performer? Yeah. Do I think she's a great actress? No. Acting is what I do, so I'm harder on people when they say, 'Oh, I can do that - I can act.' I'm like, 'Hey, don't spit on my craft."'

Seriously?

Legendary interview, sorry but this ain't no Paula Abdul or Janet. I sorta dig her as a 'nocal' diva.

She has TWO good songs. This is one of them. I always imagine this is like the morning after u got fucked & in the hood & decide 2 do a little shopping that day.

GET DICK JENNY! D-JAY-EE!!

Like, say, Salma Hayek? "We're in two different realms. She's a sexy bombshell and those are the kinds of roles she does. I do all kinds of different things. It makes me laugh when she says she got offered Selena, which was an outright lie. If that's what she does to get herself publicity, then that's her thing. Columbia offered me the choice of Fools Rush In or Anaconda, but I chose the fun B-movie because the Fools script wasn't strong enough." :rotfl:

Gwyneth Paltrow? "Tell me what she's been in? I swear to God, I don't remember anything she was in. Some people get hot by association. I heard more about her and Brad Pitt than I ever heard about her work. :lmao::lmao:

Winona Ryder? "I was never a big fan of hers. In Hollywood she's revered, she gets nominated for Oscars, but I've never heard anyone in the public or among my friends say, 'Oh, I love her.' She's cute and talented, though, and I'd like her just for looking like my older sister, Leslie." :ohmy: :lmao:

Seriously?

Holy SHIT forgot just how god awful c*nty she was to EVERY other top female star at that time. What she said about M was almost lightweight compared to Paltrow and even Cameron etc..!! lmao