Happy 9th Birthday Confessions on a Dance Floor !!

XXL

I just cant believe it's been 9 years. Feels just like yesterday that my 16 year old self excitedly got the train into the city on my own (the first time I'd ever done that) just purely to buy this album. I'm surprised though that she's only released two albums since then...I didn't even realise until someone else mentioned it.

I just cant believe it's been 9 years. Feels just like yesterday that my 16 year old self excitedly got the train into the city on my own (the first time I'd ever done that) just purely to buy this album. I'm surprised though that she's only released two albums since then...I didn't even realise until someone else mentioned it.

Not exactly :cool:

1) COADF

2) I'm Going To Tell You a Secret

3) Hard Candy

4) Celebration

5) MDNA

Who doesn't? Here's mine. One of my fav items. :wow:

image-6.jpg

Stole this from my ex bf ;) best decision ever!!! BEST ALBUM EVER!!! This album spoke to me as an awkward, confused young gay boy who had just relocated from Southern California to Atlanta, GA at the tender age of 14....thank you, Madonna, for crafting a musical masterpiece that helped me to define myself

I will always be intrigued as to why she hasn't gone back to this way of songwriting and producing. From what we know, the process for COADF was organic and intimate, almost artisan-like.

If it worked so well, why did she change it? And after neither HC or MDNA were universally as loved as Confessions, why hasn't she gone back to it?

I will always be intrigued as to why she hasn't gone back to this way of songwriting and producing. From what we know, the process for COADF was organic and intimate, almost artisan-like.

If it worked so well, why did she change it? And after neither HC or MDNA were universally as loved as Confessions, why hasn't she gone back to it?

Life is a mistery. :)

Stole this from my ex bf ;) best decision ever!!! BEST ALBUM EVER!!! This album spoke to me as an awkward, confused young gay boy who had just relocated from Southern California to Atlanta, GA at the tender age of 14....thank you, Madonna, for crafting a musical masterpiece that helped me to define myself

LOL. That's a cool story and you got a great...gift. :lol::wow:

I Love COADF. A very cohesive album.

I remember reading news about during WB board members listening session, the CEO stood up (after listening to the entire album) and clapped and said "You're our (WB) Queen".

Guest HaveASit

The album that made me a fan. I was 12 and Hung Up was being played everywhere, you just couldn't escape. Then, came Sorry and Get Together :dramatic:

The album production is in another level, but the videos, except HU, aren't her bests.

CT still is my favorite one. What Stuart Price did with her classics to fit the theme of the era was priceless.

Her last truly great album. :shy:

Definitely.... her last real iconic album for sure. Confessions defined an era, it set a great mood of freedom and expression. I love everything about it and to think that it is almost a decade old its shocking, i have so many great memories of that time... it was the best time of my life!!