Vogue.com: Madonna one of 12 women who 'redefine age-appropriate style'.

Apples388

http://www.vogue.com/946398/best-age-defying-fashion-kate-moss/?mbid=social_facebook

12 Stylish Women Who Are Redefining the Notion of Age-Appropriate Dressing: Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, Madonna, and More

There are certain women whose fashion choices transcend the very notion of age-appropriate dressing, those for whom age is nothing but a number. Starting with the classic elegance of the Olsen twins and the quirky grandma stylings of Tavi Gevinson straight through to the eternally youthful exuberance of designer Diane von Furstenberg,few exemplify that idea with as much flair as these twelve.

Madonna

The singer and actress has conquered everything she’s put her mind to in her 55 years and doesn’t seem be giving up her fighting spirit. Whether it’s vogueing in cone bras or rocking ten-gallon hats, Madonna is constantly changing her look (not to mention her accent) based on mood. Her latest fashion triumph? The Givenchy by Riccardo Tisci look she sported to the 2013 Met Gala sans trousers.

^ her last American Vogue cover way back in 2005, was the top selling issue that year

You would think Anna Wintour would be doing everything in her power to put her on the cover again

Fuck Yankee Vogue. Let them have their capital-T TRASH cover girls. Madonna does not need them. :sassy:

Yes, Have to agree that it is a shame that American Vogue now has so many B grade celebrities on the cover. I miss the days when to be on the cover of Vogue meant you had to either be a top model or a superstar. I have loved Madonna US Vogue covers in the past though. I still remember when Madonna was one of the very first celebrities to be on the cover and the fantastic reaction. :dramatic:

vogue_1989may_madonna_us_first.jpg

^ true

Big fashion mags like Vogue, use to rarely, if ever put a non model celebrity on the cover

Madonna was one of the first in 1989

Unfortunately now any B list celrbrity is put on

the cover

I mean that Blake girl from Gossip Girl, a show that at its peak only had about 2 million viewers, has multiple US Vogue covers

WTF?

Dont even get me started on the multiple covers of Rihanna and Taylor Swift

Their Facebook just reposted an article on her transformations on and off stage - http://www.vogue.com/964991/madonna-best-looks-on-and-off-stage/?mbid=social_facebook

I don't want to get my hopes up, but I frequent TheFashionSpot forums a lot, and they always say that cover stars get a lot of coverage on their website in the months leading up to their cover. Also - her new pics with Mert on Insta show a plain grey background behind them, which makes me think that the shoot could be for the cover (Beyonce, Rih and Adele's latest covers were all against a grey background). Though I'm sure Vogue wouldn't have allowed any backstage shots from the shoot....

Yes, Have to agree that it is a shame that American Vogue now has so many B grade celebrities on the cover. I miss the days when to be on the cover of Vogue meant you had to either be a top model or a superstar. I have loved Madonna US Vogue covers in the past though. I still remember when Madonna was one of the very first celebrities to be on the cover and the fantastic reaction. :dramatic:

This cover is REALLY beautiful :wow: :wow:

Absolutely this !!!

Anna Wintour reminiscing about Madonna's first Vogue cover: "It was an eye-opener"

04:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0tm22uaFNA

Have too laugh at some on the list. The lady who is about 160 still rocking it Respect! Donatella is just a travesty just like her fashion lines these days. And the Olsen twins, 18 year olds who look like they raid the wardrobe of Diane Keaton. Tailor swift- no comment if this what passes for Vogue these days??