MadonnaNation.com Forums
Suedehead

Lana Del Rey

Get Free is one of LFL's finest songs. Only the pre-chorus sounds slightly similar and I doubt Lana was thinking of Creep when she recorded this track.

On 08/01/2018 at 12:21 AM, Martin B. said:

2 years ago. A Moon Shaped Pool was a great album.

That said, this lawsuit is ridiculous. The resemblance is not significant.

The album was okay at best for me. True Love Waits is one of their strongest songs though :inlove:

On 1/9/2018 at 10:47 PM, Marco said:

Get Free is one of LFL's finest songs. Only the pre-chorus sounds slightly similar and I doubt Lana was thinking of Creep when she recorded this track.

The album was okay at best for me. True Love Waits is one of their strongest songs though :inlove:

Yes!!!! GET FREE is amazeballs.

I fucking love the LFL album.  13 Beaches and Heroin are so amazing! 

did radiohead really copy that other song or is this another case of fans of a pop girl exaggerating things like monsters did with the staple singers and express yourself?

I must say when I first heard Get Free it instantly reminded me of Creep. That aside it's such a fantastic song...pure Americana and I absolutely LOVE the way she sings 'into the blue'...they way she pronounces the word 'blue' is utterly brilliant...just conjures up images of being of a beautiful beach in Malibu and listening to the Beach Boys on the radio! Perfection!

Im listening to "im free" for the first time and.. first thing i noticed was.. that it sounds SO MUCH like creep. I think she's lying when she says she wasnt thinking of that song.

the radiohead and hollies comparison is a bigger stretch

2 hours ago, Nikki said:

did radiohead really copy that other song or is this another case of fans of a pop girl exaggerating things like monsters did with the staple singers and express yourself?

Radiohead were sued and lost the lawsuit.

Anyway, apparently there is no lawsuit against Lana anymore (?). 

She should release Get Free as a single with a stunning video :inlove: 

19 hours ago, 5iVe Elements said:

Yes!!!! GET FREE is amazeballs.

It shits all over Creep which imo is a highly overrated song

1 minute ago, Marco said:

It shits all over Creep which imo is a highly overrated song

Thank you. 

Just now, Orion said:

She should release Get Free as a single with a stunning video :inlove: 

Every song from LFL deserves a visual. Imagine the stunning videos we would get for Cherry, 13 Beaches, In My Feelings, Beautiful People Beautiful Problems and of course Get Free :inlove:

So true. 

I'm loving the visuals this time around, really really hope she does another video (or two). 

All her albums deserve visuals for every song. My second fave behind Madge. :inlove:

Anyone been to her current tour yet? Seeing her in Toronto on Monday and can’t wait. Will be my first time to finally see her in concert!

On 2018-01-13 at 6:59 AM, Nikki said:

They lost the trial and paid a lot of money.

Tomorrow Never Came (with Sean Lennon)... holy crap is that a beautiful song. :drama::drama::drama:

On 2018-01-13 at 12:59 PM, Nikki said:

Radiohead were sued and the writers of “The Air That I Breathe”, Albert Hammond and Mike Hazlewood, got a percentage of the royalties and writing credits.

On 2018-01-13 at 12:21 PM, nightcutter said:

I fucking love the LFL album.  13 Beaches and Heroin are so amazing! 

Heroin is 🙌🏽😭