Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Suedehead

Lana Del Rey

792 posts in this topic

She's being extremely cheeky w the album artwork and promo, I love it. I love cheeky. Why I love erotica so much. It has a way of showing critics transparency, and hypocrisy and even envy . Hopefully there are still smart people out there who get irony! Although Musics not even out yet and people have something to say lol. 

I think she's definitely gonna be remembered as a major influence. 

I agree 100% with what you say. This is humor, she has a big sense of humor and, most of all, she doesn't take her seriously. 

Read between the lines, guys

Sorry Lana fans but this trailer is so pretentious.  

I disagree...just because we had Gaga's stupid and unlimited pretentiousness we don't have to hold it against every artist who speaks about their art like this...back in the time there were Art Manifestos which could be branded as pretentious shyt as well. Looking forward for the new album.

Didn't enjoy the last album but looking forward to this one.

Beautiful

This song is soooooo good :inlove:

And I love the Weeknd soooooooo much :inlove:

Really enjoy both new songs, LOVE and Lust for Life. Can't wait for the album!

Love her new songs so far. Her debut is one of my favorite albums of all time but her last two efforts didn't impress me. Excited about this new album and cover looks GREAT.

Lust for Life is so heavenly. Queen!!! Drop the album

give me dat album kween :dramatic:

Didn't enjoy the last album but looking forward to this one.

Really?  God Knows I Tried,  The Blackest Day and 24 are excellent.  For me though her best song is still Young and Beautiful. 

Honeymoon is a MASTERPIECE! My favorite from her so far. Actually, in my opinion she got better album after album. 

Agree.

Honeymoon may be my favorite as well, followed by Ultraviolence :inlove:  

Her two last album are like good wine: they get better with time. The more you listen the more you like them. 

ULTRAVIOLENCE IS LIFE!!!!

ULTRAVIOLENCE IS LIFE!!!!

:clap:

Yes! Ultraviolence is also another masterpiece. She has a very personal music style that you notice in every album, but personally, I can really sense an evolution in her own personal style from album to album. Some people may feel she keeps doing the same over and over but I think each album has noticeable differences. Of course, not as evident as Madonna's albums but who else can pull such varied and different sounding albums and experiment as M does? NO ONE. But Lana has her thing, she's not a sell out like Gaga, she has a defined style that people recognize as only Lana.

She's the only other female "pop" singer that has got my attention, aside from madonna. Don't know what it is maybe it's the perfect balance of art and commercial. Strength and vulnerability. Rage and beauty. rock edge and poetry . along with the old Hollywood glamor  that looks natural and modern and chic, not costumey . I'm drawn to all of those things they both convey these things sincerely. 

She's the only other female "pop" singer that has got my attention, aside from madonna. Don't know what it is maybe it's the perfect balance of art and commercial. Strength and vulnerability. Rage and beauty. rock edge and poetry . along with the old Hollywood glamor  that looks natural and modern and chic, not costumey . I'm drawn to all of those things they both convey these things sincerely. 

Same for me. Love every words of this post.

Agree