Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Suedehead

Lana Del Rey

842 posts in this topic

Black Beauty is still my favorite in this.

Eminem is under fire over controversial lyrics in a freestyle he just released -- in which he threatens to punch Lana Del Rey in the face

"Play nice, bitch I'll punch Lana Del Ray in the face twice like Ray Rice in broad daylight in plain sight of elevator surveillance 'til the head is bangin' on the railin' ... then celebrate with the Ravens."

http://www.tmz.com/2014/11/11/eminem-ill-punch-lana-del-rey-like-ray-rice/

Eminem is under fire over controversial lyrics in a freestyle he just released -- in which he threatens to punch Lana Del Rey in the face

"Play nice, bitch I'll punch Lana Del Ray in the face twice like Ray Rice in broad daylight in plain sight of elevator surveillance 'til the head is bangin' on the railin' ... then celebrate with the Ravens."

he picked on Moby, no surpises here

Just die already you one-trick pony, drug-addict has-been.

Disgusting misogynist.

He's probably part of the gay community.

Disgusting misogynist.

He's probably part of the gay community.

well he's always been a sad, self-hating, closeted recluse

hardly a surprise

someone should let him know though that wishing violence on people is not nice

She makes me want to slit my wrists. I've tried so hard to get into Lana...and after all this time, still...nothing for me.

I can recognize that it's pretty well produced music (compared to the rest of the pop out there)....but it makes me feel absolutely nothing.

I'm basically in the Twilight Zone. For the life of me, I cannot understand what people see, or hear, in Lana, or Taylor Swift....

iD7esrM6ctKVE.gif

She makes me want to slit my wrists. I've tried so hard to get into Lana...and after all this time, still...nothing for me.

I can recognize that it's pretty well produced music (compared to the rest of the pop out there)....but it makes me feel absolutely nothing.

I'm basically in the Twilight Zone. For the life of me, I cannot understand what people see, or hear, in Lana, or Taylor Swift....

iD7esrM6ctKVE.gif

Don't worry. People get almost "embarrassed" to admit they don't like someone or their music when others love them so much. Makes the forum more interesting when people have different views and tastes on other singers. I love the song Dark Paradise with a passion but otherwise Lana has never reached me as I feel her music all sounds too similar.

Don't worry. People get almost "embarrassed" to admit they don't like someone or their music when others love them so much. Makes the forum more interesting when people have different views and tastes on other singers. I love the song Dark Paradise with a passion but otherwise Lana has never reached me as I feel her music all sounds too similar.

Unlike my feelings about Taylor (y'all know), I will say that I have nothing against Lana as a person or artist. I'm just not 'feelin' it'.

don't compare Lana to Swift !!! :noway::lol:

They're nothing alike!

What the fuck? How are people mentioning Lana Del Rey in the same breath as Taylor Swift? Completely different artists. The only thing they have in common is a female reproductive system. Stupid. :manson:

Just die already you one-trick pony, drug-addict has-been.

Are you talking about Eminem or Lana? Cannot tell as your statement pretty much applies to both artists.

If anyone bothered to do anything more than just overreact, I was just speaking for myself when mentioning that they're part of the small handful of artists that I just can't "get" when it comes to the extremely popular current crop of female pop, or excuse me, "alternative/indie/hipster pop", artists. And with Lana, I actually really have tried. I still think her work has real quality. Taylor has nothing to do with my thoughts on Lana (or Lizzie). That's all.

OK I just downloaded Paradise and Ultraviolence to play on my way home. I wasn't blown away by Paradise which I was gonna buy at the time but didn't as I only really loved Video Games from the debut. I suspect UV is her classic from the little I've heard.

I was thinking Lana would make a great left field choice of support act for Vadge.

She lost out to performing the next Bond song :( Phat Face Sam Smith won the role

But there's runors they are trying to cast her a cameo in the film

Are you talking about Eminem or Lana? Cannot tell as your statement pretty much applies to both artists.

OOP

I liked her debut a lot but never got into Ultraviolence

I must have listened to Born to Die and Paradise 200 times since their release. I've listen to Ultra maybe five times!

Im just not 'getting' it and I really want to. I think its because of that Black Keys producer that she chose for the album.

The producers she chose for her debut were fantastic.

Unfortunately for you guys, there's no cure for bad taste in music.

:lmao:

when does her follow up of the same tunes maybe played even slower this time come out?

"Lana De Los Gays" (thanks XXL!) really sums her up perfectly :lol:

:lmao:

And "De Los Hysterical Young Women"