Madonna on Saturday Morning UK KIDS TV 1984

Jamesy

This topic has just reminded me...

Not related to TV archiving per se, but the BBC recently launched The Genome Project, where they've scanned every single issue of the Radio Times from the 1920s. A quick search for Madonna brings up some interesting stuff...

+ Apparently she was scheduled to present an Academy Award in 1987 and this was in the Radio Times that week so either it was a mistake or she was going to appear and then pulled out.

+ Then there's some interesting sounding Madonna-related documentaries that aired over the years on the BBC such as 'Brass Tracks: I Wanna Be Like Madonna' (1987, BBC Two), 'Madonna - An Appreciation by Paul Gambaccini' (1992, Radio 1), and 'That Thing' (2000, BBC Two - a documentary about Madonna's marriage that was directed by Guy Ritchie himself :laugh: WTF?). Surely the last one's a misprint?!

+ Plus look at her IMPACT during her 1991 peak - these are the listings for all the BBC shows she was discussed/featured on. :wow:

Have it on tape and converted it. In storage now alas after my PC blew up.

• 1 month later...

Fuck Ghosttown, this was my favourite discovery of 14. I'm obsessed with this, someone must have it/have saw it and it's bizarre it's never shown up. What a curio indeed, live UK interview Vadge and on kid's TV! *dies*

I always wanted something like this after seeing most 80s artists go down the traditional UK kid's TV promo circuit. The only thing I can think of is ITV know they are sitting on a goldmine and were waiting for a LONG while to release (even posthumous?) footage. But I guess indeed it wasn't even taped or networked.