OMG i finally have completed my Madonna collection!!!!!

karbatal

I just bought Causin' a Commotion yellow cd single. 19 euro. That fucked cd single was so incredibly expensive, why precisely the only one i didn't have had to be so expensive?

It all was because stupid me i bought the Holiday Collection and thought "ok, i have CAC and WTG there i don't need the cd singles, i have the vinyls" and precisely those 2 cd singles are now the most sought after!

After i bought LTT yellow cd single last september, now my collection is complete. With vinyls too!

And nope, i'm not going to start collecting special editions or japanese limited, thank you very much.

YAY!

Congrats, karbatal! I loved collecting them back in the nineties. :D

I need a list Karbs! All them yellow singles please...

"Everybody"

"Burning Up"/"Physical Attraction"

"Holiday"

"Borderline"

"Lucky Star"

"Like A Virgin"

"Material Girl"

"Angel"

"Into The Groove"

"Dress You Up"

"Live To Tell"

"Papa Don't Preach"

"True Blue"

"Open Your Heart"

"La Isla Bonita"

"Who's That Girl"

"Causing A Commotion"

"The Look Of Love"

"Like A Prayer" 1

"Like A Prayer" 2

"Express Yourself"

"Cherish

"Vogue"

These were timed with her Wetten Dass appearance in early 1995 and all of the other German CD singles up to Bedtime Stories were reissued at the same time, though they retained their original artwork and disc graphics.

MadonnaWettenAd_zpsb2c1b173.jpg

The "yellow disc" series is fun to collect but, as far as CDs are concerned, the only musically necessary ones in the series are "Open Your Heart" (for the Dub) and "Causing A Commotion" (for the Dub and Movie House Mix). Everything else --including the main 12" versions of both OYH and CAC-- can be found elsewhere on CD with superior mastering. Can't stress that enough to anyone who wants these solely for the mixes they contain.

Oh, i don't own a Kylie collection, as if. hahaha. As a kid was THE Madonna fan, my best friend was THE Kylie fan. We bought 12" and those things, i only bought Madonna's!

Not every one of my cd singles are those yellow, for example for La Isla I have the Japanese CD single, the same for Like a Prayer and True Blue. Those Japs editions are glorious.

And yes Look of Love and WTG and this one have been the most expensive! I was stupid for not buying those when they were reissued in the late 90s. Fuck Holiday Collection, that stupid compilation made me bankrupt!

By the way, did you notice that the Holiday Collection has CAC listed as "Causin' a commotion" instead of "Causing a Commotion?".

oh I could have sold that one with 5 euros to you..lol!

:tongue: Do not joke about Madonna items! hahaha

Oh, how i wish i had those duplicate, i would put them on sale, people are really striking it rich with those stupid cd singles!

I remember when HMV sold these yellow discs 3 for £10 back in the early 2000s, I managed to get quite a few of them.

I remember when HMV sold these yellow discs 3 for £10 back in the early 2000s, I managed to get quite a few of them.

Yes, I bought a few of them from HMV with that deal. If I'd known they'd become valuable I'd have bought all of them I could find.

Sadly they are quite shoddy, not just in terms of sound. The Cherish and Open Your Heart sleeves, for example, are covered in visible dust specks from where the original artwork was badly scanned. And there's the infamous "White Heart" b-side too.

Yes, I bought a few of them from HMV with that deal. If I'd known they'd become valuable I'd have bought all of them I could find.

Sadly they are quite shoddy, not just in terms of sound. The Cherish and Open Your Heart sleeves, for example, are covered in visible dust specks from where the original artwork was badly scanned. And there's the infamous "White Heart" b-side too.

Same I definitely would have completed the collection... Weren't some of the tracks wrong as well? I'm sure the track lengths on the Everybody single was wrong.

I think they meant in terms of the yellow CDs! I've been collecting for thirty years and there is still so much to get. This is my Holy Grail:

LAP Hong Kong promo maxi single - 50 copies only.

140430524331.jpg

and there's always the Lucky Star UK 7" in Sunglasses picture sleeve!

It would be incredibly expensive to try to have eveything. I am satisfied having every official single on cd and 12" vinyl. The same with the albums.

For example, i don't have but a bunch of 7". I was a kid when i had to buy all those things and didn't have much money, had to save a lot just to buy the 12"! As if i had money to buy the 7" as well. And most of 7" didn't get to my city.