M listed as performer for 2014 AMAs...?

lasky

Dollhouse, madonna has 5 AMA wins

1985 Favorite Pop/rock female artist

1987 Favorite pop/rock female video artist

1991 Favorite Dance Single for Vogue

2003 International Artist of the year

2003 International Artist of the year

There were 2 ceremonies in 2003, one in the beginning of the year and one at the end

There are pics of her at the 85 and 87 awards with her trophy

So she actually won one in '85?? I've seen pics of her with an award that night, but I honestly thought it was a pic of her with someone else's award, or she was about to present and had it in her hands.....lol.....I know that sounds silly, but I've never seen actual footage of her winning that award. In fact, I thought Cyndi Lauper beat her in whatever categories she was nominated in that night. I've definitely seen the footage of her winning the AMA in '87 and I've seen the footage of her and Huey Lewis presenting an award to Prince in '85.

The EMAS should have gone all for it and call Madonna, Prince, U2, plus really big names from nowadays music, instead of having stupid Minaj as host and those silly little acts shouting on stage.

AMAs are voted on by the public (and back in the day, I think it was based on sales?)

These shows are getting worse and worse (witness the VMAs, also no left to fan voting. ugh)

In any event, unless she were to receive some lifetime thing, I doubt she'll appear.

The EMAS should have gone all for it and call Madonna, Prince, U2, plus really big names from nowadays music, instead of having stupid Minaj as host and those silly little acts shouting on stage.

Totally agree.

Kiddies are into Toliet Swift, Rita Ora, Iggy, etc...sadly that's how it goes.

I don't mind Nicki, she's cool. :cool:

Guest Rocco Papa

I should edit her as working for craft foods

No way! Didn't you read the GHV2 booklet? They go on and on about what a bad cook she is... :laugh:

^ Madonna won 3 VMAs since 1990, including the top category Artist of the Year twice

Madonna would have something like 15 AMAs, if they would have kept the dance,categories, qhich they got rid of in 1992.

Also the Billboard Awards, which are based solely on US sales, have awarded Madonna 39 times, more THAN ANYONE ELSE

A whopping 26 of those 39 wins were from 1995 on

So I dont get your logic

Both Britney and,Gags have only won 1 AMA apiece

Again, the AMAs favor acts like Whinet, Mariah, Taylor

Acts who ciuld conpete in othet fields aside from pop

Like R&B and AC for Whitney and Mariah

And AC for Taylor

Acts like Madonna, Brit and Gags are dance/pop and since,the AMAs got rid of their dance categories in the early 90s, they can only compete in pop

Hence fewer nominations and wins, ,despite the shitload of album and single sales from Madonna and Britney in the US

I mean Madonna was the 6th top selling artist the US during,the 90s, outselling both Whitney and Michael, yet they won multiple AMAs in,the 90s, while Madonna only won 1 AMA that decade