A GEM of a song way before it's time

Jumpb4uthink

Love both, the demo and the album version. Great lyrics, great message and the production is sublime. One of Pharrel's better songs, if not the best song from HC. I love the funky vibe this song has. I think it could've been a major hit (even in the US) and should've been released as the second single. It would've been more appealing to the GP than GI2M, imo. Definitely a missed opportunity.

I'm pretty sure a video for this song would've been quite fabulous.

Edited by JimmyJimmy

I don't like the demo, but the album version is glorious. Reminds me so much to mid 80s Madonna! I don't mind if it wasn't a single, sometimes i love to have wonderful songs that only fans know. The rest of the world has 4 Minutes and GITM from that album.

It wasn't released as a single because of Kanye. That was the deal. I will do the song but can't be promoted as a single - said his record company.

thats interesting to know. Many artist collaborate between their record companies.

The album version is ace. Fresh, not dated (sound), danceable, great beats. Warner missed on this as a single. Plus having Kanye and Pretty Boy in the 2nd single would be as great as Timbo and Timber in 4 Minutes of shite. Or perhaps greater.

That probably was the case with Mr. West- if I recall, that may have been a reason "Stay the Night" wasn't a single off Mimi Carey's 2005 album.

TBGO is a decent track for HC, but none of the tracks were really incredible (no pun intended).

But maybe Madonna should have had a rapper that didn't have that condition? I know that Kanye is very important and that it was great publicity, but having that great song and not release it? The same with She's Not Me!

But maybe Madonna should have had a rapper that didn't have that condition? I know that Kanye is very important and that it was great publicity, but having that great song and not release it? The same with She's Not Me!

She used them spectacularly on tour, that's a lot more than charting for a week or two...