Vogue (rehearsal)

ashtangi74

We usually heard her live voice near the end of each performance, and traces of it throughout in others, but, she always had the pre-recorded track playing for support.

The "rap" sounded just fine.

Lovely!

Clearly she could sing live very well.

Indeed! But it's always been so inconsistent. Her one-off live performances are usually the worst, and my guess is that it's because she's more nervous and has less time to warm up like she does doing a two-hour show.

Guest Pud Whacker

Yeah, it's totally silly that she didn't sing this live, especially during this era. It sounds nearly identical to the recorded version.

i want you to take 20 songs, hey, i'll give you the benefit of the doubt. take 10 - sing them live through your house and do the dance routines, as well. record it and get back to us when youve finished.

:rotfl:

i want you to take 20 songs, hey, i'll give you the benefit of the doubt. take 10 - sing them live through your house and do the dance routines, as well. record it and get back to us when youve finished.

Perfect fan challenge! I love it! Perhaps we should start a new topic & each of us can give it a go for fun! (Only, one song is good enough... Post to youtube... & we'll all vote on who is the best... Or who has the best spirit...or something... :)

Yeah, it's totally silly that she didn't sing this live, especially during this era. It sounds nearly identical to the recorded version.

She did sing it live, over the top of the backing track. You can hear in one of the shows, the London one I think, where she croaks 'Get up on the dancefloor' really badly. I think it ties in with the scene in In Bed With where she says 'definitely one of the all time worst....'

The audio for this has been floating around for about 10 years (possibly more). I think the YouTube clip is just a random rehearsal clip synched to the audio file.

Exactly. People do realize that singing and dancing at the same time will produce breathless vocals. So unless fans want to see Madonna just standing there singing with no dancing, there are times she has to use support. Same with theatre shows and why the leads never do big dance routines while they are singing the solo songs. I love seeing Madonna dance as she is a wonderful dancer so can always accept a few songs not being sung live. It is not as if every song is like that.

Lol!!!!! Can you imagine what it would sound like by "where's the party"???

Actually, there are songs on certain tours that I prefer lip synced. There's a reason why Vogue at the 1990 VMA's is considered on of her best live performances.

This is magnificent! And to think this is only a rehearsal...love the instrumentation...fucking perfect.

Guest whatatramp

She did sing it live, over the top of the backing track. You can hear in one of the shows, the London one I think, where she croaks 'Get up on the dancefloor' really badly. I think it ties in with the scene in In Bed With where she says 'definitely one of the all time worst....'

yeah it's the radio 1 show :lmao:

doesn't she tell someone "now fuck off" at the start of express yourself aswell?

yeah it's the radio 1 show :lmao:

doesn't she tell someone "now fuck off" at the start of express yourself aswell?

Yes she does! LOL

I think the various sound mixes show that while she had 'help' vocally, she mostly sang live over the backing track.

I've had the audio of this rehearsal of Vogue for ages, its cool to see it though. The music is awesome.

There's another rehearsal where Niki says "What a DICK" at the beginning and Madonna says "Iccck" at the end. I'll look for the footage of that too.

:lol:

news_nowsing.jpg

I want you to take 20 songs, hey, i'll give you the benefit of the doubt. take 10 - sing them live through your house and do the dance routines, as well. record it and get back to us when youve finished :rotfl:

:rotfl::clap::clap::bow:

I don't think most people (including some of her fans) realise how incredibly difficult is to sing and engage in such elaborate choreographies at the same time AND breathing while you're doing it.

Madonna has always sung live throughout the entirety of her career. It's only with heavily choreographed numbers a la BAT Vogue or MDNA GGW that she uses a pre-recorded track and I don't see what the problem with that is

It's not like she's like most other pop singers who lip synchs everything regardless and they don't even MOVE an inch (unless you consider those flailing of the arms numbers actual choreos).