Madonna Instagram Thread (Oct - Dec 2014)

Apples388

... and no... I do not like this latest picture of Madonna with all that white wrinkless skin...

I don't understand this comment. She's had white wrinkleless skin for 55 years, now all of a sudden it bothers him lol

I personally don't think Madonna has coped well with getting older. I think back when Madonna turned 40 she didn't seem desperate to be 20 again and in fact I remember at the time saying she would never want to go back there. I don't think its just the plastic surgery precedures, even though I wish she hadn't gone as far as she did. Its the toyboys, showing her ass etc.

It mirrors our superficial culture huh? Says the person with a body selfie as their avatar in a Madonna forum....lol. Not that you don't look good but this isn't a4a dear. Looks like you put some time and effort maintaining that body and clearly you like showing it off....you also look old enough to be beyond that and should be worried about more important things at your age. I hope I don't sound like an assumptive, judgemental prick. ;)

Furthermore, why is it ungraceful for someone in the public eye (who as you well know gets scrutinized by even her biggest supporters for not "acting her age") to have what is (so far) non-invasive procedures? Furthermore, so what if she did go all out and pull a Cher? Why is that viewed as a bad thing for someone in her position? I'll never understand why people try to place "normal people" standards on her. She's NOT "normal", she doesn't live a "normal" life and she's not held to "normal" standards, so why should she pretend otherwise? And news flash, all those hundreds of stars in their 50's and 60's "aging gracefully"......ARENT doing any such thing. Chemical peels, lotions and potions to help the skin, obsessively exercising to try to cling to that 30-40 something body.....yeah, just because there isn't a knife involved, doesn't make it any more "graceful" than slicing or injecting.

I'm so over this she needs to "act her age" bullshit. What does that even mean?? She needs to be grey haired knitting a quilt in a rocking chair in her mansion in the countryside?? Where is the line between graceful and ungraceful and who decides that?

BOOM.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

You're just narrow minded that's all. The same people who are after Madonna for this are the exact same ones who freak out when they discover a wrinkle on their face. In know this guy who runs a club/venue in Paris who pretends being 10 years younger than he really is (pretends to be under 30 when he's close to 50), fucks only guys in their 20's and criticized Madonna for not acting her age. Of course i outed him. Just like Joan Rivers's writer Tony Tripoli who did a joke about Madonna's age on Twitter and went nuts when i joked about his own age. We had a twitrant back and forth and i won. These are just examples but it's always the ones who bark who have something to fear.

Patti Smith never got the beating Debbie Harry had and was taken seriously because she wasn't conventionally pretty, a female popstar is not allowed to be sexy, women in general are not allowed to be sexy AND smart. Patti Smith or Joni Mitchell (add Janis Joplin) never were sexy and they got respect for that. You can't be sexy AND respected. Bette Davis was respected Marilyn was sexy. Both : legends.

Sigourney Weaver had work done on her face too and she's not a popstar.

If you want to limit people then good for you but don't complain when people limit you.

THIS TOO.

Not surprising that the "act your age" bullshit comes from the biggest hypocrites (esp. when it's other gay men, and women).

2nd paragraph is spot on. Being sexy and respected only happens to a very few, if any...and not for long. Women can't really win either way.

I personally don't think Madonna has coped well with getting older. I think back when Madonna turned 40 she didn't seem desperate to be 20 again and in fact I remember at the time saying she would never want to go back there. I don't think its just the plastic surgery precedures, even though I wish she hadn't gone as far as she did. Its the toyboys, showing her ass etc.

I agree somewhat... But for different reasons. I think she is affected by her divorce from Guy R. Lot's of hurtful statements were made that certainly have made her feel less secure about her image... That marriage took an emotional toll... Not only did she loose the guy she loved... But was faulted for being too old... Not able to have more children... And so on. She had to endure this at the most vulnerable period in her life.. Besides...It's difficult to age in our culture...let alone in the public eye...and especially as a woman. I think she is coming around... Life is a journey, right? I don't mind the touch ups... & her procedures... If you call them that... Really aren't so drastic...

Showing her ass? Since when does that mean she wants to be young? She can't just show her ass cause she fucking feels like it..