The wonderful Mitsubishi special. WTG

karbatal

So i was revisiting the marvelous Japan concert and i love it so much. It may seem corny to younger fans, but for those of us who grew up with that Madonna, the Who's That Girl Tour it's an ABSOLUTE FEST!

Love the moves

Love the voice

Love the face

Love those mysterious ending of Who's That Girl

Love the rock Holiday

Love the fact that she mocks her previous persona in LAV and MG and DYU

The only thing that i find annoying is the kid. I think it's because i was the same age back then and i wanted to be him and even now i still think he's ugly and useless there. I'm unfair, i know.

Oh, and what about the way Donna, Niki and Debra move and sing and dress?

And Niki's hilarious moves in Into The Groove? :lmao: @6.26 onwards

The Japan show does the concert justice. Idc about the audience. It's all about the camera angles in this. Captures everything. Same goes to the Fukuoka recording of GST

Yeah it's really the definitive historical record of this tour. Needs a DVD release for that reason alone.

Ciao Italia is a total mess - and Turin Live TV broadcast is pretty difficult to watch due to the dreadful lighting and bad editing.

I wonder would we ever ever ever get to see a full WTG concert from the venue-screen tapes. Closest we have are the 4 full songs from Miami and the partial songs from Rotterdam. I think I'd consider killing someone to get a full WTG screen-footage tape.

I can remember being gobsmacked beyond belief when I discovered (in 1990!) that this concert had aired on TV in Japan and been released for sale there THE SAME YEAR!

As a young fan in the UK I had nothing official to go on from this tour until the Spring of 1988! Didn't even know that the Turin concert had aired on TV all around Europe in 1987!!!

The Japan show does the concert justice. Idc about the audience. It's all about the camera angles in this. Captures everything. Same goes to the Fukuoka recording of GST

IKR, who gives a fuck about dead crowds unless you're there! I want the Jap tours cuz on those early dates her vocals aren't shot and she sounds amazing.

I think 4 WTG the Jap audience was okay actually, but GS...man they r so shit, it's like they r stuck in a tunnel waiting for

someone 2 come in & fix the heating...& that echo. I just can't.

Her best voice has been in VT and GS. it's good in WTG but the Turin concert is a bit horrible in terms of vocals and the main cause why since then many people think she can't sing live. BAT was really difficult because of her throat problems.

In GS she really is in top form!!!! And in DWT too, i like how she sings Gone, DW, Lo que siente la mujer...

From then on, it's so difficult to know, because the DVDs are so edited and all that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

'Till this day my FAVORITE Madonna concert for ALL of the reasons you mentioned and more. The LIVE BAND and ALL LIVE VOCALS, including back-up, just a stellar performance by all - what a LIVE concert should be. She was soooooooo WHITE HOT at this time in her career, everyone just loved her too! I had this on laserdisc, and yet it was far and away superior to Ciao Italia in everyday, especially the sound. Unfortunately I don't have my laserdisc player or laserdiscs anymore, but that was some GREAT technology back then. They used to produce so many special laserdiscs that were not released on any other format and the quality was astounding.

So i was revisiting the marvelous Japan concert and i love it so much. It may seem corny to younger fans, but for those of us who grew up with that Madonna, the Who's That Girl Tour it's an ABSOLUTE FEST!

Love the moves

Love the voice

Love the face

Love those mysterious ending of Who's That Girl

Love the rock Holiday

Love the fact that she mocks her previous persona in LAV and MG and DYU

The only thing that i find annoying is the kid. I think it's because i was the same age back then and i wanted to be him and even now i still think he's ugly and useless there. I'm unfair, i know.

Oh, and what about the way Donna, Niki and Debra move and sing and dress?

And Niki's hilarious moves in Into The Groove? :lmao: @6.26 onwards

• 2 weeks later...

I remember when WTG turin was broadcasted live.. it was one of the last tourdates, but it was something noone had ever seen before [fans as well as not so big fans]. so much dancing, so much presence. I dont even think it was ever quite like that, after that. its a favorite to me since

would love to see more of mitsubishi [her sponsor?] tour/ i did get some tracks , her voice is very strong and instrumentation a little different. which makes it more interesting.

but into the groove was way more explosive towards the end of the tour..

i think miley c is channeling that energy, or at least trying... ; )) but she wont get rid of the fabricated stigma. disney stuff.. :no:

• 5 months later...

I was listening to holiday [wtg guitar version] and do I remember correctly she repeats a part of the open your heart choreography towards the end of holiday?

During OYH she performs the choreo solo and during holiday its with all dancers and singers.

The WTG Tour is my most watched Tour. It is just fun and you can just watch every song. With later tours I feel it is more about the whole experience. The True blue/Who's that girl Madonna does it for me every time. And i get a kick out of seeing that Madonna singing songs from the LAV are, I don't know whymaybe because at a child it was so hard for me to believe that the LAV-Madonna is the same as the True Blue-Madonna. I just love her.

To me this is one of my favourite Madonna concerts, it captures her raw emotion as a performer and stage presence without needing any gimmicks. Imagine Lady Caca trying that, I sure can't.

This, only her, the band and the girls, without interludes or big screens, she looks so fresh and energic

Guest Pud Whacker

'Till this day my FAVORITE Madonna concert for ALL of the reasons you mentioned and more. The LIVE BAND and ALL LIVE VOCALS, including back-up, just a stellar performance by all - what a LIVE concert should be. She was soooooooo WHITE HOT at this time in her career, everyone just loved her too! I had this on laserdisc, and yet it was far and away superior to Ciao Italia in everyday, especially the sound. Unfortunately I don't have my laserdisc player or laserdiscs anymore, but that was some GREAT technology back then. They used to produce so many special laserdiscs that were not released on any other format and the quality was astounding.

:thumbsup:

and some people still think her voice was better in BAT, she was in top most form for WTG

This! :wow:

In regards to comparisons made about different WTG shows, say what you want about the lighting and editing of the Ciao Italia special but nothing beats the Torino crowds. And the incandescent vibe of that show. Madonna's voice was also amazing. That japanese audience is cutesy and all but it's like they're almost asking for permission to clap and enjoy themselves :rotfl:

This is what every existing and aspiring pop or rock star needs to watch to learn how to OWN a stage. Madonna and the stage: the greatest affair after Elvis and the stage (and I say after from a mere chronological standpoint)