True Blue re-enters the UK album chart

JWAD

From Music Week:

"Google Play's latest 99p download, Madonna's True Blue re-enters the chart at number 21. In the Top 75 for the first time since 1994, and at its highest position since 1987, the 1986 chart-topper sold 3,531 copies last week, raising its career tally to 1,997,015 - the highest of any Madonna studio album, although far fewer than 1990 compilation The Immaculate Collection, which has so far sold 3,665,068 copies.

From Music Week:

"Google Play's latest 99p download, Madonna's True Blue re-enters the chart at number 21. In the Top 75 for the first time since 1994, and at its highest position since 1987, the 1986 chart-topper sold 3,531 copies last week, raising its career tally to 1,997,015 - the highest of any Madonna studio album, although far fewer than 1990 compilation The Immaculate Collection, which has so far sold 3,665,068 copies.

Are those UK specific numbers? I thought it had sold far higher than that

From Music Week:

YES :bow::bow::bow:

Are those UK specific numbers? I thought it had sold far higher than that

Correct me if i'm wrong, but those are the copies sold, while True Blue was certified 7xPlatinum in the UK, for shipments of 2.1 million :)

This is awesome. And why not?

Thirteen weeks leading up to the new album, sell each and every Madonna studio album for a nice discount. For one week each.

Give them new masses an excuse to get acquainted with the Queen's massive back catalogue and PAY HOMAGE...

That is a brilliant idea.... But please keep it quiet, we don't want Guy O to get any non-non traditional promotion ideas.

It's quite an amazing thing to think there will be people right now somewhere who have just bought 'True Blue' and are listening to it for the very first time. Seeing that album cover at #21 takes me right back to 1986 - ah, halcyon days!

Exciting isn't it?