WHAT ABOUT: the "Something to Remember" album cover.

Apples388

For some reason I remember this one at the time not getting a very enthusiastic response. In retrospect, I think it is a lovely image that works perfectly for the album. The pose, the dress, the hair and font etc. - All rather, er, lovely.

Yes, there were some other mega-iconic beauteous pictures from that session but I think this particular image served its purpose very well for the cover and I am typing this as I gaze lovingly at last year's vinyl reissue.

front.jpg

I have always loved the album cover and think Madonna looks beautiful and it shows of the dress perfectly. Although, she also looks like she is having a de-stress moment - looking down and sad while leaning against a wall.

I have always loved the album cover and think Madonna looks beautiful and it shows of the dress perfectly. Although, she also looks like she is having a de-stress moment - looking down and sad while leaning against a wall.

This is what I think too. She looks kinda sad. Very beautiful. And I love the fact it's white. There's something really pure in this picture.

And madonnasuperfan I agree with you: her version is better than the original.

I love Mario Testino's STR work.

Both cover and back sleeve (the one featuring M lying down on bed) are gorgeous! :dramatic:

I'm glad STR LP was released.

And I heard STR was to "soften" her image for Evita role.

This is what I think too. She looks kinda sad. Very beautiful. And I love the fact it's white. There's something really pure in this picture.

And madonnasuperfan I agree with you: her version is better than the original.

Glad to see i'm not the only one :thumbsup:

beautiful....

and :ohmy: at looking donatella versace with a more or less "natural" face...

I like that it conveys both strength and vulnerability.

Both 1995 Versace campaigns were stunning. Here's some great video footage from the second photo shoot:

Love the moment @ 1:00.

Beautiful and appropriate cover for a lovely compilation. My only complaint ( as there always has to be) is the nose piercing. Have photoshopped it out of my cover- looks much better and like whoopie said inappropriate font placement- should have been bottom left and not over her arm. Despite this, a kick ass compilation with one of her very best film clips-I want you!

• 2 weeks later...