New album thread: Diplo says first single is done. "Reggae" vibe.

he just means 2015 but I LOVE what he said: LONGEVITY. very important. means it probably won't sound like all those other songs lately that sound cool or catchy @ the time but are boring a few months later, if that ever was a concern.. madonna is usually very good with creating timeless songs, which I felt lacked a bit with MDNA.

he just means 2015 but I LOVE what he said: LONGEVITY. very important. means it probably won't sound like all those other songs lately that sound cool or catchy @ the time but are boring a few months later, if that ever was a concern.. madonna is usually very good with creating timeless songs, which I felt lacked a bit with MDNA.

Exactly! This word is very important, imo.

Yeah, ia. I got sick of the majority of MDNA pretty quick, which usually doesn't happen with her albums. I'm glad longevity is something they're thinking of.

Yeah but to me.. the whole " look my name is Madonna and I like to wear crosses and really play up on that.. geez that is some genius shit

Point is.. its a really tired old look

LOL at the bimbo who doesn't know the difference between a catholic crucifix and a Christian cross

either way its not that cool to be soo uncool

but alas, Madonna actually stopped reinventing herself a long time ago now, the most her fans can hope for is that she might get a few inches trimmed off her hair for the next era

Guest SecretGarden

Yeah but to me.. the whole " look my name is Madonna and I like to wear crosses and really play up on that.. geez that is some genius shit

LOL at the bimbo who doesn't know the difference between a catholic crucifix and a Christian cross

but alas, Madonna actually stopped reinventing herself a long time ago now, the most her fans can hope for is that she might get a few inches trimmed off her hair for the next era

Maybe Madonna still identifies with Christianity in some ways? Kabbalah is a set of tools, a "language", you can be practicing whatever religion (or lack thereof) and be a Kabbalaist. In fact, Madonna's sect of Kabbalah is heavily influenced by Hermeticism and New Age spirituality as opposed to Orthodox Judaism.

Also you want to talk about 'uncool'? you're on a freaking Internet forum bitching about a crucifix....oh sorry, PROTESTANT CROSS.

Watch when the new era starts, you'll be queening out like the rest (and once it ends you'll start saying how UNCOOL she is, sigh!)

tumblr_mtp49pWH5X1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

Guest SecretGarden

Hard Candy and MDNA are fun but bring back Madonna the provocateur. Doesn't have to go as far as Like A Prayer or the Sex book but yeah!

Listen to Gang Bang, watch the Girl Gone Wild video and the MDNA tour. The era was definitely the most provocative Madonna has been in years.

I think it's great that Madonna is doing a track with Nas.As someone else pointed out,he's a *credible* rapper with alot of talent and brilliant rhymes (unlike Lil Wayne).This album is shaping up to be an EPIC affair!

Seems Blood Diamonds only worked on the one track same as several other people who were brought in very "briefly" to "touch up" songs.

It's certianly going to be an interesting listen!

Excited to see exactly what she includes from the long list of collaborators....

Are you guys aiming for something really contemporary sounding with it?

I wouldn’t say were trying to nail 2014. With most artists, Dahi and I try to approach it from a longevity standpoint. Especially if we’re pitching beats to someone its like, Is this fucking hot this month? Because this record won’t be out for another year. That can be stressful, but the bottom line is like making room for the song, because the song is really what stands the test of time. I feel like right now a lot of pressure to get that single, and get that dance tune. That’s probably the coolest thing about Madonna. She has been doing so many records for so long, it’s kind of irrelevant to try to fit into the now.

Read more: http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2014/10/31/blood-diamonds-madonnas-new-album-is-going-to-be-good/#ixzz3HkybD5JO

Um... the way it's worded, it sounds like he's talking about the process of making music - in general. These folks do work on things months or years out from whatever release, in general. It doesn't sound like he's referring to her album specifically here.

giphy.gif

Are you guys aiming for something really contemporary sounding with it?

I wouldn’t say were trying to nail 2014. With most artists, Dahi and I try to approach it from a longevity standpoint. Especially if we’re pitching beats to someone its like, Is this fucking hot this month? Because this record won’t be out for another year. That can be stressful, but the bottom line is like making room for the song, because the song is really what stands the test of time. I feel like right now a lot of pressure to get that single, and get that dance tune. That’s probably the coolest thing about Madonna. She has been doing so many records for so long, it’s kind of irrelevant to try to fit into the now.

Read more: http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2014/10/31/blood-diamonds-madonnas-new-album-is-going-to-be-good/#ixzz3HkybD5JO

I don't think he's referring to Madonna, I think he's speaking generally. I read the quote as "Especially if we’re pitching beats to someone its like, Is this fucking hot this month because this record won’t be out for another year."

Sorry, but you seem to be quite clueless when it comes to Madonna. As much as she has reinvented herself over the years, there are some things that remain constant......her use of crosses is one of those things. The crosses go into the same file as the blonde hair, sexy clothing, fingerless gloves and the mole (in the 80's/early 90's anyways). Those things are almost like her trademark in a way.

And I truly don't know what to say (other than sorry....and what happened?)if as a diehard Madonna fan you can't tell a very distinct difference in her images from COADF, HC and MDNA. The hair, makeup, clothing style and even face itself all look completely different in each of those eras. You just have a problem with her growing older.