[October 21, 2014] Erotica / SEX Book 22nd Anniversary Celebration Thread!

horn

We're 22 years parallel to a huge, transitional era in Madonna's life and career, and one of my very favorites.

Share your thoughts on this amazing time in Madonna's history and what the songs recorded during this period mean to you! Review the album and videos. Lament the good girl that never was. Feel free to share your EROTICA pride with avatar/signature sets! Most of all, have fun and post anything of note relating to this era.

We begin with an early, work-in-progress SEX Book

So I was in Ann Arbor today, no I didn't see Lola, but I did see M's SEX book sealed, front & center, in the main store window on a pedestal. The store was closed so I don't know how much they were asking. It was just kinda cool to see it like that. It wasn't a Barnes & Noble; a rare book store, pretty fancy and exclusive for the uppity, collegiate, Ann Arbor types :newspaper:

So I was in Ann Arbor today, no I didn't see Lola, but I did see M's SEX book sealed, front & center, in the main store window on a pedestal. The store was closed so I don't know how much they were asking. It was just kinda cool to see it like that. It wasn't a Barnes & Noble; a rare book store, pretty fancy and exclusive for the uppity, collegiate, Ann Arbor types :newspaper:

I wonder if Lola will see it :lmao:

Do you have any idea what the name of the store was or what street it's on??

I believe it was E. Liberty Street. I don't know the name of the store. I might be going back up there on Saturday. If I do, I'll check. I also want to get a picture of it to post here.

edit: Yep, it's E. Liberty St. I just googled and this is the place. I think you can even see SEX in the pic lol

Yelp link...

http://www.yelp.com/biz/dawn-treader-book-shop-ann-arbor

Dawn Treader Book Shop

l.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I believe it was E. Liberty Street. I don't know the name of the store. I might be going back up there on Saturday. If I do, I'll check. I also want to get a picture of it to post here.

edit: Yep, it's E. Liberty St. I just googled and this is the place. I think you can even see SEX in the pic lol

Yelp link...

http://www.yelp.com/biz/dawn-treader-book-shop-ann-arbor

Dawn Treader Book Shop

l.jpg

Thank you for posting the name of the store. I'm going to find out how much it is & what condition it's in.

Some of the stuff horn has posted is fake... right? Surely?

Both post #8 (Heart shape boxset) & post #9 (12" picture disc) are bootlegs.

The PD bootleg was released a few years ago and looked quite convincing. Since I couldn't get hold of the real PD, I'm ok with this.