Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Suedehead

WHAT ABOUT: "Take a Bow" at the American Music Awards

58 posts in this topic

Sorry but I love this performance.

1. The look: flawless. I mean, really. Everything. The hair, the eyes, the dress. Just perfection.

2. The voice: just beautiful. A few shaky bits here and there but I love her impassioned delivery. You're one lonely star in particular.

3. The profile shots: THE FACE. End of story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO-ixvtW_QM

Love the vocals, it's just that she "overpronounced" certain words like "clown" and those goodbyes.

She soared beautifully during the bridge -- "And all the world is a stage.." -- my absolute favorite part.

The look is everyhing!

I've never understood why this performance has been so maligned in forums for so many years, when it's BABYFACE who fucks it up. I think Madonna sings good, it's he who has an annoying tone!

I think Madonna performs it beautifully. And it's so pretty as chinese, with those chinese music box sounds.

I must say, yes, I do NOT appreciate the presence of Babyface. Sorry but his backup vocals are the irritants in this performance. Stupid bitch should have respected Queen Mo.

I must say, yes, I do NOT appreciate the presence of Babyface. Sorry but his backup vocals are the irritants in this performance. Stupid bitch should have respected Queen Mo.

YES!

she did wonderful job with it..

its a very, very, difficult song to sing with a duet partner..

BUT was that Queen Latifa in HORRENDOUS velvet outfit in the end? Why is always stalking Madonna?

And just to think that she's here in january 1995, just about to record I Want You, to embarq in the beautiful Versace campaing... and that by the end of the year she would have released STR and starting recording Evita!!!!

Yes amazing amazing performance and very underrated.

The bridge is just incredible. I love how she doesn't lift her arms too much at the start cos she's so nervous :lol: You can really see it.

And just to think that she's here in january 1995, just about to record I Want You, to embarq in the beautiful Versace campaing... and that by the end of the year she would have released STR and starting recording Evita!!!!

Don't forget the Takara commercial which featured an exclusive song with similar delivery to "I Want You". :lol:

She was supposed to be a boy! :lol:

Madonna11865.jpg

takara10.jpg

1995+Japan++Article+Takara+Jun+and+Jun+L

OMG, i had forgotten the Takara commercial! Somehow that song had been out of my head for years!

so beautiful :( How was the title, Pure or Broken?

The delivery of that is not like I Want You to me. I think it reminds me more of the I'm Breathless era but I can't quite put my finger on it. Very different to You'll See or One More Chance also.

I really want to hear the whole track!

Actually no, there is a touch of I Want You. "but half the love is all I feel."

her skin is so flawlessly amazing, I love this performance

It was after this performance that shot TAB to stratospheric heights in the charts

Fabulous. One of her best live vocals.

The face is EVERYTHING.

I hope one day she'll perform this song on tour, i love it so much.

This is special! :clap:

I always felt M looked so beautiful around this time period. Everything from Secret performance on Wetten Dass, TAB performance at San Remo, Versace pics, Bedtime Story video premiere at Webster Hall, etc...

Even though TAB is song I have always had a hard time getting into. I love this performance. What makes it is the crowd! THOSE SCREAMS! :wow::dramatic::wow:

And that final "say goodbye..."

HOT DAMN :wow: