New Album thread: Guy O talks rubbish; M&M cover art rumours?

Diplo said that the first single was done like a month ago, I don't think they recorded new stuff since then. Add instruments, and few vocals maybe. Pretty sure the mixing is done. They probably waiting for interscope or someone else to approve marketing strategies etc.

For keiza, I saw her on Ellen and Madonna came in my mind, the first album Madonna, into the groove style. This girl is something to watch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MF0YzFYzUw

hmm i have to admit she's a really cool dancer

I've actually been getting into Kiesza recently! I think they could come up with something great together.

Oh god no! Have you heard her second single, it's truly awful and the vocals are horrendous. This time next year Kiesza will be gone...

I'm not sure, I never had the feeling of an artist who sounds similar to Madonna without claiming "she's the next madonna" She's not the best voice but hell you dancer, cool looks, outsider a little without being all alternative. I'm not saying she's the next Madonna but i really liker her and want to see more from her for sure!! She started to bring back that dance 90's sound that everybody loves!!

Just found this:

http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/news/40859/Ariel-Pink-is-working-on-Madonnas-new-album-They-need-something-edgy

Ariel Pink is working on Madonna's new album: “They need something edgy"

Mon 13th Oct, 2014 in News

Is Madonna going indie on her next record? According to Ariel Pink, Madge is looking for a change in direction and has enlisted the LA-based singer to help write the followup to 2012’s EDM-centric MDNA.

“Interscope are calling me to help write Madonna’s record,” Pink revealed in an interview with FL’s Doug Wallen.“They need something edgy. They need songwriting. She can’t just have her Avicii, her producers or whatever, come up with a new techno jam for her to gyrate to and pretend that she’s 20 years old. They actually need songs. I’m partly responsible for that return-to-values thing,” he explained.

Speaking to FL ahead of his Australian return as part of the Sugar Mountain festival in January, Pink suggested the pop star needed to look to her past for inspiration and riffed about the kind of song he would write for Madonna. “I guess it’s called ‘throwback’, but the first record [1983’s Madonna ] was so good because of the songs,” he said. “It’s been a downward slide [since] … ‘Ray of Light’ is not cool. And all the other stuff she’s done after that, it’s not like it matters. It really shows a drain of values. People need more substance in their mac-and-cheese. People need more sugar or something.”

For MDNA Madonna worked extensively with French electro and progressive house DJ and producer Martin Solveig and Benny Benassi, a move which – despite the record shifting two million copies worldwide – Pink doesn’t think worked in her favour. “It’s not because of her age,” he offered. “It’s because of the things that she thinks she needs to do to stay in her narcissistic domination of the world. Which is totally hers to have. But it’s about not just being a yes person. I’m sure Interscope signed her like, ‘Okay, the last record didn’t do so well. We gotta do something about this. We’re gonna get all new songwriters together and we’re gonna try to come up with this thing. ’Cause she needs help with this.’ And she’s happy to let them do that for her.”

While he had a lot to say about Madonna, Ariel Pink also spoke at length to FL about his own forthcoming record pom pom, which is due out on November 18 through 4AD. Labelled a “solo album” the record follows 2012’s Mature Themes which was released under the Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti moniker. pom pom features 17 tracks including ‘Jell-O’ and ‘Plastic Raincoats In The Pig Parade’ which were co-written with the Runaways former manager Kim Fowley.

Why do these self-absorbed idiots keep bringing Madonna's name up ? She has had more hit music and influence than any other artist from the last 30 years. So tired of them putting her down to gain attention for themselves.

Guest SecretGarden

Is Madonna going indie on her next record?

“Interscope are calling me to help write Madonna’s record,” Pink revealed

1. No.

2. Liar.

Is that article made up? If not that guy Ariel Pink is such an idiot! I suspect it's as someone has already said, he had been approached and then pie-d off. He actually sounds rather bitter despite his claims that he seems to think his stuff will end up on her new album. After that article, I highly doubt it. What a fool.

Just found this:

http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/news/40859/Ariel-Pink-is-working-on-Madonnas-new-album-They-need-something-edgy

Ariel Pink is working on Madonna's new album: They need something edgy"

Mon 13th Oct, 2014 in News

Is Madonna going indie on her next record? According to Ariel Pink, Madge is looking for a change in direction and has enlisted the LA-based singer to help write the followup to 2012s EDM-centric MDNA.

Interscope are calling me to help write Madonnas record, Pink revealed in an interview with FLs Doug Wallen.They need something edgy. They need songwriting. She cant just have her Avicii, her producers or whatever, come up with a new techno jam for her to gyrate to and pretend that shes 20 years old. They actually need songs. Im partly responsible for that return-to-values thing, he explained.

Speaking to FL ahead of his Australian return as part of the Sugar Mountain festival in January, Pink suggested the pop star needed to look to her past for inspiration and riffed about the kind of song he would write for Madonna. I guess its called throwback, but the first record [1983s Madonna ] was so good because of the songs, he said. Its been a downward slide [since] Ray of Light is not cool. And all the other stuff shes done after that, its not like it matters. It really shows a drain of values. People need more substance in their mac-and-cheese. People need more sugar or something.

For MDNA Madonna worked extensively with French electro and progressive house DJ and producer Martin Solveig and Benny Benassi, a move which despite the record shifting two million copies worldwide Pink doesnt think worked in her favour. Its not because of her age, he offered. Its because of the things that she thinks she needs to do to stay in her narcissistic domination of the world. Which is totally hers to have. But its about not just being a yes person. Im sure Interscope signed her like, Okay, the last record didnt do so well. We gotta do something about this. Were gonna get all new songwriters together and were gonna try to come up with this thing. Cause she needs help with this. And shes happy to let them do that for her.

While he had a lot to say about Madonna, Ariel Pink also spoke at length to FL about his own forthcoming record pom pom, which is due out on November 18 through 4AD. Labelled a solo album the record follows 2012s Mature Themes which was released under the Ariel Pinks Haunted Graffiti moniker. pom pom features 17 tracks including Jell-O and Plastic Raincoats In The Pig Parade which were co-written with the Runaways former manager Kim Fowley.

Well is he working on the album or not? The article says he is and then he says Interscope is calling him because Madonna needs help being edgy and writing a song.

"She can't just have her Avicii, her producers or whatever,[?] Come up with a new techno jam for her to gyrate to and pretend she's twenty years old." ....What?

Oh so there haven't been songs on Madonna's albums? He says he's "partly" responsible for that return to values thing? Get out of here.

Then they advertise his new appearance.

He throws in how good the first album is and calls a new song "throwback" The article talks a little too extensively about Madonna's last album for an interview with this guy. "Her narcissistic domination of the world?" Wow he sounds like such a fan. Oh and Interscope is getting her album together and no yes people. He sounds like he is taking cues from an ex fan.

While he is saying all this about Madonna he is happy to talk about his own album coming up. Well that kind of publicity goes hand in hand doesn't it?