New Album thread: Guy O talks rubbish; M&M cover art rumours?

Yes popeline (and sloane), that's what we just said..

Sloane, it's just good manners to spell someone's name correctly, dear. You don't see me fucking around with that chancer duplo's name, do you? :bad:

lol

Well listen, I was chastised over at the Other Bore years ago for not spelling Rihanna's name correctly and promptly replied the same: I don't care. You'll notice, now I do spell it correctly (inexplicably). avicci boy is just gonna have to wait his turn :queenbitch:

It's just bad english skills and a made up quote. Nowhere in the article it says that. What it says is Guy is working with Gee Robertson from Blueprint Group on a marketing strategy for Madonna's next album. Check blueprint group work here http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/4641274/40-under-40-cortez-bryant-gee-roberson-the-blueprint-group

Maverick and Live Nation, but their creative cross-pollination is already on display. In July, Oseary and Laffitte teamed up to co-manage Alicia Keys, Laffitte is connecting Oseary with radio consultants for the next U2 single, and Roberson is consulting on Madonna's next album with Oseary.

exacto!!

The Billboard article states nothing about starting over or findin a new producer.

U2 and Madonna's manager is trying to reinvent the Music Biz

http://www.billboard.com/articles/6289026/u2-and-madonna-manager-guy-oseary-is-trying-to-reinvent-the-music-biz

ACHIEVEMENTS

Oseary started as an independent A&R rep in 1989, at age 17, managing hip-hop performers Hen-Gee and Evil-E, and soon became one of the first employees of Madonnas Maverick record label in 1992, where he eventually rose to partner (alongside the singers former manager Freddy DeMann). His first major signing was Candlebox in early 1994, at the age of 21, followed by Alanis Morissette -- whose Jagged Little Pill ranks as one of the biggest-selling albums of the 1990s, with U.S. sales of more than 16 million, according to SoundScan. The name Maverick has been part of so much of my life, and it really says it all, says Oseary. It didnt come from some executive somewhere. It came from a manager and an artist. More than 20 years later, Oseary is still working with Madonna, whose MDNA Tour was the biggest of 2012 (at $305.1 million, according to Billboard Boxscore) and ranks among the top 10 highest-grossing of all time. And last November, he merged with Paul McGuinness Principle Management to add U2, whose Songs of Innocence just racked up 26 million free downloads on Apples iTunes. Oseary has already asked his new Maverick colleague Gee Roberson for input on Madonnas 13th studio album, due in 2015. Whats clear is that this group has huge reach together, and a shared vision. The idea here is for everyone to be better at what they do and for artists to have more opportunities, says Oseary.

This was a few years ago when the newbie hazing process over here was annoying me so I was checking out other forums. I quickly realized it was only masquerading as a pro-Madonna site, had a few disagreements, posted M's True Blue cover w/ gaga's face superimposed and got banned LOL. It was the only site on the entire Internet I've ever been banned from. Those bitches have ZERO sense of humor.

I quickly realized it was only masquerading as a pro-Madonna site, had a few disagreements, posted M's True Blue cover w/ gaga's face superimposed and got banned LOL. It was the only site on the entire Internet I've ever been banned from. Those bitches have ZERO sense of humor.

Right? Quite literally a shithole full of mental defectives...all four of them!

Everyone M has worked with this year :

Avicii/Magnus Lidehall/Savan Kotcha/Carl Falk/Rami Yacoub/Vincent Pontare/Salem Al Fakir

Diplo/Ariel Rechtshaid/MNEK/Kiesza

Toby Gad/S1/Mozella

Martin Kierszenbaum/Natalia Kills

Fred Ball

Pharrell

DJ Dehi/Blood Diamonds

with all these producers involved,I find it hard to believe that Madonna is *still* in need of more material with a new producer.By now,the album should be finished and in the mixing stage.

This may sound crazy but maybe she should forget the album and do a Best of Tour, not just her hits but her best album tracks too. You can work with the greatest producers ever but if you don't feel the inspiration you don't feel it. You can't force it. Maybe if she got back out there on the road she would be reinvigorated and be inspired again. I know people want new music, but a Best tour would be the highest grossing tour ever in the music business. It would remind people of her amazing legacy and why they loved her in the first place. As Guy's says no one really buys albums anymore anyway. Just a thought.

I would love for her to do a greatest hits tour,but I wouldn't want her to shelve an album that she's been working on all year.

well no matter who the producer is of the entire album, its still not done yet, unless shes mixing with diphoe.

i'm just curious as to how it will all fall into place, the music, the videos, the imagery, the marketing, the promotion, etc. It will all just be fuckin magical when it cums! believe me!

hbz-alexander-wang-Diplo-lg.jpg

- diplo @ ALEXANDER WANG X H&M LAUNCH PARTY (NYC)

- the same shirt as in the studio, so before or after partying???

Who's to say they were on the studio? Maybe she was backstage at the event? Maybe Diplo played new madonna?

I just don't understand. Forgive me if this sounds melodramatic or pessimistic, but I think we've officially crossed the line into Trouble. I'm starting to feel like this album could be a hot mess. If she doesn't like the direction the music has taken and is looking for a new producer, fine, that's unfortunate and odd, but if that's the case, why does she need her manager to hire a "consultant" to help them "find" a new producer? Is Madonna so unplugged from music that she can't think of someone she likes and wants to work with? Just find one person you like, lock yourself in a room for a few weeks and be done with it. Whatever happened to "I liked Bjork's album and wanted to work with Nellee" or "Stuart was my tour musical director so I decided to do an album with him" or "William Orbit did remixes for me and now I'm doing a whole album with him"? The only thing I can think is that she actually does still care about album sales/radio and Guy/Interscope/whoever is telling her she doesn't have a "hit." It all sounds like bad news if you ask me. Sorry.

Why are we jumping ship and to conclusions over one little thing?

Can we please cool the fuck down?

We obvs don't know much about the album than we originally thought.

Guest HaveASit

So...

MNEK, Blood Diamonds, Dj Dahi, Magnus Lidehäll, Chance the Rapper, Diplo, S1, Ariel Rechtshaid and Djemba Djemba. Sounds amazing to those ears

Where exactly does the "looking for a new producer" comment come from? The Billboard article says no such thing, only that another manager is consulting with Oseary on M's new album.

Wouldn't be MadonnaDrama living up to its name AGAIN would it...?

Thank you baby. I'll be requiring this again in a few mins

^ are you serious? Shes fucking,Madonna! Her legacy is already, signed, sealed and delivered and in multiple music Hall of Fames

She has nothing to prove amymore, in terms of sales, we just wamt GOOD music

My point exactly.

Guest bluejean

:lmao: @ this thread.

So she's allegedly looking for another producer to do more songs. If it's true how is that a bad thing??

It means she is perfecting the music. Not to trash her last few albums but this a good sign and if we have to wait until late 2015 that does not bother me if she brings the goods!

Meanwhile I scroll through people speculating it sounds like the albums not going well, "I hope she's okay" and "maybe she should shelve the album and do a Greatest Hits tour" :lmao:

If the album wasn't going well and she lacked inspiration she wouldn't have spent virtually the whole year working on it. She's being a perfectionist like she did with Ray of Light. Cannot wait!!

Everyone M has worked with this year :

Avicii/Magnus Lidehall/Savan Kotcha/Carl Falk/Rami Yacoub/Vincent Pontare/Salem Al Fakir

Diplo/Ariel Rechtshaid/MNEK/Kiesza

Toby Gad/S1/Mozella

Martin Kierszenbaum/Natalia Kills

Fred Ball

Pharrell

DJ Dehi/Blood Diamonds

Kiesza ? NO :newspaper::madgemanson:

Madonna knows this has to be the album of her career. She is not allowed to fail this time.. She's been quite on the music front for a while now...and it's this new generation of wannabes that has kept her legend alive more than ever. She needs another classic and she's pulling out all the stops to deliver one. if she's still scouting for something fresher i don't see no harm in asking jer manager for help. Surely wouldn't be the first time she's having collaborators suggested by her manager, would it?

No need to panic here!

If she 'needs' to deliver like you say then she doesn't need to 'scout', she needs inspiration.

Folks, it seems Madonnarama was correct. There is a video clip of the conference where Guys clearly says " I’m having him right now help me on finding a producer for Madonna’s new album"

http://revolt.tv/videos/6E2D153B-1FB1-484D-B7E7-573DBB670C0B

:dramatic:

Sometimes I wish Guy O would shut his mouth and think about the implications of his words before making any comment about Madonna.

well no matter who the producer is of the entire album, its still not done yet, unless shes mixing with diphoe.

i'm just curious as to how it will all fall into place, the music, the videos, the imagery, the marketing, the promotion, etc. It will all just be fuckin magical when it cums! believe me!

Diplo is a big mouth when he's angry, so just wait for his song not ending up as first single and he will bash Madonna like there's no tomorrow