New Album thread: Guy O talks rubbish; M&M cover art rumours?

I never believed that rumor about American Life. It made no sense at all and as Vocalism has said, Madonna was in full force and had a flawless period from ROL to Music and following DAD. If there had been any complain about the AL era, it would had been the music video, but not the music, because the album had clearly strong singles: AL, Hollywood, Love Profusion.

If The Process was later reworked it would be because it fit the rest of the album or because Madonna felt that it sounded better.

Well, I'm still waiting for Can't You See My Mind :p

I was reading the wikipedia article the other day, so I don't know how true this is, but it said CYSSMM was confirmed as an alternate title for Die Another Day

Guest CzarnaWisnia

of course she has no interest in repeating herself, she has done it already

madonna-mermaid-600x800.jpg

Someone should shop that picture with Ariel Pink's face and a grinder on the ground.

Guest bluejean

I was reading the wikipedia article the other day, so I don't know how true this is, but it said CYSSMM was confirmed as an alternate title for Die Another Day

That isn't true. Can't You See My Mind is a completely different track and I believe it was the original song intended for the Bond film. I'm sure Whoopie's unreleased songs thread will have more info.

That isn't true. Can't You See My Mind is a completely different track and I believe it was the original song intended for the Bond film. I'm sure Whoopie's unreleased songs thread will have more info.

Several collectors confirmed that this was just an alternate song title. Believe it or not.

I never believed that rumor about American Life. It made no sense at all and as Vocalism has said, Madonna was in full force and had a flawless period from ROL to Music and following DAD. If there had been any complain about the AL era, it would had been the music video, but not the music, because the album had clearly strong singles: AL, Hollywood, Love Profusion.

If The Process was later reworked it would be because it fit the rest of the album or because Madonna felt that it sounded better.

That's SO debatable.

Guest bluejean

Several collectors confirmed that this was just an alternate song title. Believe it or not.

Oh damn. When did that happen? I was always curious to hear this track.

I have to agree.

I think American Life was her most commercially unfriendly album to date.

I don't think the songs are inaccessible or that weird. They are very melodic with cool hooks. I don't think it was uncommercial in general but uncommercial for Madonna since it was a very different sound for her, much less dance oriented and with more guitars than people are used to from her.

AL was not a good single, but I think Hollywood and Love Profusion are great radio singles. It might have had a different result if AL wasn't the first single.

Guest Rachelle of London

Why are people saying that she had to re-work the album? We have literally NO official info (except the names of some of the people she worked with) so idgi.

These experts know more about the record than Madonna.

I don't think the songs are inaccessible or that weird. They are very melodic with cool hooks. I don't think it was uncommercial in general but uncommercial for Madonna since it was a very different sound for her, much less dance oriented and with more guitars than people are used to from her.

AL was not a good single, but I think Hollywood and Love Profusion are great radio singles. It might have had a different result if AL wasn't the first single.

Could it be possible AL suffered even more as result of Madonna's anti-war comments?

Could it be possible AL suffered even more as result of Madonna's anti-war comments?

Maybe. But didn't people hear the song before they saw the anti-war video? I like American Life but you have to admit it's a bit of an odd song, with the rap and lyrics about being super duper in the Mini Cooper. I know that's tongue in cheek but a lot of people didn't get the sense of humor and thought she was trying to be a serious rapper. Love Profusion and Hollywood are a little more conventional in their song structure.

Maybe. But didn't people hear the song before they saw the anti-war video? I like American Life but you have to admit it's a bit of an odd song, with the rap and lyrics about being super duper in the Mini Cooper. I know that's tongue in cheek but a lot of people didn't get the sense of humor and thought she was trying to be a serious rapper. Love Profusion and Hollywood are a little more conventional in their song structure.

Perhaps so. And the anti-war video definitely did not help the album recover either.

I love both Hollywood and Love Profusion, because it was a fresh sound for Madonna and I especially enjoyed the acoustic/electronic fusion.

Don't forget about the brilliant video that Madonna pulled and replaced with that horrible flag video. That didn't help.

Perhaps so. And the anti-war video definitely did not help the album recover either.

I love both Hollywood and Love Profusion, because it was a fresh sound for Madonna and I especially enjoyed the acoustic/electronic fusion.

Yes, I loved both Hollywood and Love Profusion too! I like dance/electronic but I like it when it's mixed with other things. I tend to get bored with straight up club music sometimes. So I liked that she did something a little different on AL. It has more of a traditional almost rock driven songwriting rather than pure dance/EDM stuff. I have a feeling the acoustic/electronic sound might return on the next album. I wouldn't mind that at all to have some more classic songwriting mixed in with the dance/electronic sound.

Still no news, no snippets. Just more stupid instagram posts . tumblrmqbibjgu201rbyayzo.gif

I know some artists put out snippets of their new music on instagram or wherever, but I can't see Madonna doing that. Haven't we pretty much determined it's not coming out until Spring 2015, so we probably won't get an announcement until maybe January.

I know some artists put out snippets of their new music on instagram or wherever, but I can't see Madonna doing that. Haven't we pretty much determined it's not coming out until Spring 2015, so we probably won't get an announcement until maybe January.

Yeah but before she made an inst.acc. we said how that's something Madonna will never do but she did, and she's on instagram now. :sassy:

I can c her posting some snippet before the release. :madgemanson:

I thought they did for American Life. The original version of the album sounded a lot like Die Another Day and Nobody Knows Me, but Madonna stripped some songs down when Warner rejected the album. Didn't Stuart Price say how X-Static Process started out as a dance track called The Process? All of this could be wrong. Please correct me if it is.

that was only a urban rumor started former madonnarama website..

Anyone who thinks there was not a radio freeze of Madonna singles in the US after her anti-war stance in 2003 leading up to American Life is either not smart or wasn't old enough at the time to remember.

She pulled the video due to very real threats against her children's lives.

American Life may never have reached the heights of Music but it definitely suffered from being black balled.

Anyone who thinks there was not a radio freeze of Madonna singles in the US after her anti-war stance in 2003 leading up to American Life is either not smart or wasn't old enough at the time to remember.

She pulled the video due to very real threats against her children's lives.

American Life may never have reached the heights of Music but it definitely suffered from being black balled.

I somehow never heard about death threats being made against Madonna's children because of the American Life song/video. I know that she did not want to appear to be against our troops, since they had just been ordered to go into war, but the death threats got around me!