New Album thread: Guy O talks rubbish; M&M cover art rumours?

Well I would consider that the Bad Girl cover (although used for that Fever vinyl.)

I don't think the video existed when that vinyl came out btw. And furthermore that Bad Girl cover is one of her best ever. Up there with Vogue, Justify My Love and Frozen.

Fuck it I'm going back to talking about Fever lol..

Flat out disagree w/ you, bluejean. Justify My Love in particular is one of her best. I'd throw Vogue in there too (and it is) but saw it SO MUCH throughout the 90s I'm kinda... tired of it. It's grand though. Frozen should've also been video inspired.. black hair IMO. There's a shortage overall of HQ Frozen video pics. The same can be said for WIFLFAG. So unfortunate.

One thing that I have to say is, I'm beginning to love each and every one of yous!! Except confessit. Can we flush IT???

And by the way, the fever mixes ain't all that. Except the video remix, which I always find myself on the floor rolling around when it plays...

Fuck it I'm going back to talking about Fever lol..

Flat out disagree w/ you, bluejean. Justify My Love in particular is one of her best. I'd throw Vogue in there too (and it is) but saw it SO MUCH throughout the 90s I'm kinda... tired of it. It's grand though. Frozen should've also been video inspired.. black hair IMO. There's a shortage overall of HQ Frozen video pics. So unfortunate.

Oh I dunno I quite like the fact she's choosen different looks/pics for her single covers that are the opposit to her videos.

I don't think she has too "theme" everything.

One thing that I have to say is, I'm beginning to love each and every one of yous!! Except confessit. Can we flush IT???

And by the way, the fever mixes ain't all that. Except the video remix, which I always find myself on the floor rolling around when it plays...

:( I love yous!!

^ Yeah it's a matter of opinion. Personally I like themes, that's exactly what's troubling me on some of those single covers (you nailed it). Of course Express Yourself doesn't follow the video theme and THAT's in my top 5 single covers ever. idk, it varies.

Oh and you guys have it all wrong:

Justify, Erotica, Papa, and Rain (in color) are LYFE!!! Those are her 5 greatest single covers.

Oh wait, that's 4. Hmm. Maybe Burning Up.

The Vogue cover is just a missed opportunity. Like for real.

I'd suggest one of the BS album singles but that would be risky with you guys...

I do love the Human covers and Secret is sexy to me

^ Yeah it's a matter of opinion. Personally I like themes, that's exactly what's troubling me on some of those single covers (you nailed it). Of course Express Yourself doesn't follow the video theme and THAT's in my top 5 single covers ever. idk, it varies.

Yehh that's true the express yourself cover was complete opposit to Express Yourself!

The only thing I wished, whilst talking about artwork was that she had er hair that vibrant red shade it was in her Confessions artwork...album and single covers!!

She looked brilliant and thats a hair colour she hasn't "really" fully explored in her re-inventions.

The Vogue cover is just a missed opportunity. Like for real.

I'd suggest one of the BS album singles but that would be risky with you guys...

I do love the Human covers and Secret is sexy to me

Although the Vogue single cover is a still from a compeltly other video....it was super perfect!

Express yourself was like a prequel to Vogue so that shot fitted perfectly for the single cover in my opinion.

The pose, the style everything.....I adore that cover, one of her best!

It's okay. You can just be a big ol pain in the butt mostly

:( :(

I'm never saying the new album is out in 20** again! I promise!

I love everyone's opinions in here.....I love Madonna chatter....and hearing everyone thoughts.

PEACE!!! ❤️

Eh. It's my least fav. There were some fierce promo photos from the Vogue video that would have been perfect.

Idk what it is. The country esqe "Madonna" text. Or the fact that the pic was cut out. I guess they didn't want to use anything from the herb Ritts shoot used for BAT??

...Maybe Burning Up.

No.

However, Human Nature single cover is, oh idk, TO DIE FOR.

Okay, What other single covers haven't we talked about? I propose NRM is her greatest single cover from ROL (and that's not truly video inspired, so go figure)

Wait a tick, I just said HUMAN NATURE is one of my faves and that's not video inspired either. Maybe idc about themes after all lol. Fuck all this talk WE NEED ALBUM INFO

Not even ROL??? I love DWSFL. In fact, I feel like all those single covers were done perfectly.

I think a diff photo from that photoshoot would have been better for NRM

Wait a tick, I just said HUMAN NATURE is one of my faves and that's not video inspired either. Maybe idc about themes after all lol. Fuck all this talk WE NEED ALBUM INFO

Human Nature IS video inspired. Look at the UK cover

So are Human and 4 Mins her only single covers to use photos from the corresponding video??

Oh wait Turn Up does too. Any others?

Omg the best of all, EROTICA!!!

So are Human and 4 Mins her only single covers to use photos from the corresponding video??

Oh wait Turn Up does too. Any others?

Omg the best of all, EROTICA!!!

The Give it 2 Me cover is basically the video.

Yeah I guess you could say so. I think those shots were from months earlier for Elle but I guess that counts.

And there's the other Rain cover too.

Guest bluejean

Eh. It's my least fav. There were some fierce promo photos from the Vogue video that would have been perfect.

Idk what it is. The country esqe "Madonna" text. Or the fact that the pic was cut out. I guess they didn't want to use anything from the herb Ritts shoot used for BAT??

Actually, now that you say it I see what you mean. Basically the most iconic photo ever of Madonna was a still from Vogue. So why wasn't THAT used??

But in saying that the cover they did use, regardless of being a weird choice has become iconic itself. I'm so used to seeing it I just love it.

And yes Human Nature is amazing also. Can't explain why. What else? LOVE the Everybody single cover. Would love to have that shit on my wall.

Guest bluejean

Yeah I guess you could say so. I think those shots were from months earlier for Elle but I guess that counts.

And there's the other Rain cover too.

No! Rain only has ONE single cover and it's god damn amazing.

Now I believe Dress You Up (the 12") we can say is technically from the video. As is Live To Tell, Open Your Heart, the UK re-release of Oh Father, Erotica (as you said), the UK Rain, UK Human Nature, DCFMA, Another Suicase, Beautiful Stranger and Turn Up The Radio.

Actually, now that you say it I see what you mean. Basically the most iconic photo ever of Madonna was a still from Vogue. So why wasn't THAT used??

But in saying that the cover they did use, regardless of being a weird choice has become iconic itself. I'm so used to seeing it I just love it.

And yes Human Nature is amazing also. Can't explain why. What else? LOVE the Everybody single cover. Would love to have that shit on my wall.

True but at the time, that iconic image of Madonna striking a pose wasn't the most iconic image of her.

It has become that over the years.....so I can see why they didn't run with it at the time.

Oh and Crazy For You whoop!!

4 Minutes doesn't look like it's from the video.

I love that cover it was simple but had a cool retro vibe to it.

Hated the video but thts another story!

What about the single cover for Open Your Heart, Beautiful Stranger, Live To Tell, and Oh Father (the updated Version from the late 90s), Turn Up The Radio, the anniversary edition of Express Yourself, and Crazy For You?

OYH is flawless. No need to open for debate lol

Talk about retro, Die Another Day was a tremendous single cover too. Easily in my Top 5.

That photoshoot was stunning!!

I agree, another killer cover and video combo right there!!!!!