New Album thread: Guy O talks rubbish; M&M cover art rumours?

no. it's called irony.

I always tend to forget how you have such a great sense of humor.

Now you can call this sarcasm.

You're misusing the word.

a58b68.gif

My original response to your attempt at irony was sarcasm.

My biggest issue with the AL video is that it's never been OFFCIALLY released.l since she pulled it.

It's hands down one of her best videos, to Mang the last "epic" video she made and it's never been releaaed again after it was pulled.

Only the fans got it on the re-invention tour.

Such a shame, the political landscape has changed now, but it seems the video has been buried by Madonna forever.

your taste sucks..you can't tell shit.

Nothing Fails screams for no.1 position on the charts.

I didn't even give my opinion of the music in that post. An album with no obvious singles doesn't make it bad, in fact many times it makes it better.

True. Well there's still involvement with the album....things are still being done but I the first singles "ready" then the videoshoot will happen this year.....same as GMAYL did in December.

I think we are weeks away from the album promo prep.

yeah I think she's probably getting stuff sent to her back and forth...finished songs...ideas for shoots videos etc...

contacting the people she's gonna work with. setting dates and stuff.

American Life is awesome btw!!!

I think we should lower our expectations when it comes to album sales. The market looks like it has completely collapsed. No album released in 2014 so far has crossed 1m in the US.

Via Billboard:

“…after nine months, not one artist-album has yet to hit the million-unit mark, although the Frozen soundtrack is the year’s best-seller so far with a robust 3.12 million units.

The best-selling artist title this year is Beyonce’s self titled album with 776,000 scans, followed by Lorde‘s Pure Heroine, with 754,000 units. But like Frozen, both of those albums came out last year, which means that so far the top three selling albums this year were released last year.”

November and Christmas sales could help Madonna but who cares. It is a disaster for everyone. Selling 500k now is quite big. At least, she will easily snatch that no1 everywhere since there is less competition in the 1st quarter.

She will be packing to go skiing, then on to the Maldives and Malawi and skiing on the way back soon, I don't think anybody should hold their breath till after the NY now. She isnt going to do promotion while her kids are off for the holidays.

If she does stadiums in Australia she should hit the road by April. After it is going to get cold down there.

Personally, what I thought until August was that the album was going to come out in November and then the tour would start in Australia in late February or March. It looks almost impossible now to start the tour down under.

If she does stadiums in Australia she should hit the road by April. After it is going to get cold down there.

Personally, what I thought until August was that the album was going to come out in November and then the tour would start in Australia in late February or March. It looks almost impossible now to start the tour down under.

She could still play Australia but maybe January2016....she could end the tour there.

If the tour is as long as MDNAtour, and the album doesn't come out till March, which now looks MOST probable, then she will be on the road from May-at least decemeber....she could even end in December!

Sales in America for the album won't exceed a million BUT if she has anothe global hit lead single a la Hung Up/minutes she will easily surpass MDNAs worldwide numbers....and if she can return to prominence, here in Europe in 2015, she could have a massive seller in her hands.

Confessions was a MASSIVE everywhere.

Guest eroticerotic

how does one get in to the multimedia section? don't you know who i am? this is ridiculous! :laugh::sassy:

how does it work, I'm willing to learn!

She could still play Australia but maybe January2016....she could end the tour there.

If the tour is as long as MDNAtour, and the album doesn't come out till March, which now looks MOST probable, then she will be on the road from May-at least decemeber....she could even end in December!

Sales in America for the album won't exceed a million BUT if she has anothe global hit lead single a la Hung Up/minutes she will easily surpass MDNAs worldwide numbers....and if she can return to prominence, here in Europe in 2015, she could have a massive seller in her hands.

Confessions was a MASSIVE everywhere.

I don't know if leaving Australia for the end again would be a good thing. What if something happens to Lola? :dramatic:

I don't want her to arrive down there tired and pissed off like she was in Latin America with MDNA. Lol.

I just HOPE we get successful 2nd and 3rd singles in Europe. It really isn't that difficult for her. Let's just hope the label is more supportive this time.

I don't know if leaving Australia for the end again would be a good thing. What if something happens to Lola? :dramatic:

I don't want her to arrive down there tired and pissed off like she was in Latin America with MDNA. Lol.

I just HOPE we get successful 2nd and 3rd singles in Europe. It really isn't that difficult for her. Let's just hope the label is more supportive this time.

I don't think the label was unsupportive last time.

There wasn't a lot they could do...Madonna was either preparing to tour, or out on the road....

Non-traditional promo was not something Intetscope picked.

She really should never do a long tour like MDNA again. She just gets more hostile the longer they go on. Stick with short tours or break them up into two legs six months apart.

Timeline should be this regarding the tour (album out in early March, tour rehearsals starting in late March) :

Europe (20 dates) - June/July

North America (25 dates) - August/September

Asia (10 dates) - October/November

Australia (10 dates) - November/December

6 month tour with around 65-70 dates but this time with 1-2 week break in between legs!