New Album thread: Guy O talks rubbish; M&M cover art rumours?

Natalia Kills Talks Working With Madonna, New Music In ‘Paper Magazine’

http://www.idolator.com/7566731/natalia-kills-madonna-new-music-in-paper-magazine

Natalia Kills may be a real problem, but not if you ask her newest BFF, Madonna.

In a new story for Paper Magazine, the Trouble dark-pop princess revealed how the Queen Of Pop first tapped the songstress to hop into the studio for the MDNA follow-up, as well as providing some insight into their studio time together — and Madge’s studio demeanor. “She writes incredible lyrics, sings beautiful melodies, but most of all she is so fucking funny,” Kills told the magazine.

Natalia also revealed that together they, along with Cherrytree Records label head Martin Kierszenbaum, wrote 8 songs in just one week. That’s some serious musical chemistry! And, surprisingly, she’s got a troupe of dancers to thank for being involved in the upcoming project. “Madonna’s dancers play my music during her rehearsals and workouts every week,” she revealed. And now we know where Madonna gets her inspiration.

Not that Madge’s project is the only thing Kills is working on the moment: She’s got her own tunes coming down the pipeline soon! “I’m really excited for my new music. It’s funny, but cowriting songs for world-renowned pop stars has allowed me to be more obscure and inappropriate with my own sound,” she explained, while refusing to give away too many details about her latest solo sounds. “It’s coming out all this year…all really soon, really really soon, wink wink, very very soon.”

What a tease. To quote her very famous friend: Time goes by…so slowly!

Are you excited for new Natalia — and new Madonna? Sound off in the comments below.

She trains with Nicole and her dancers, they must bring their music. So we were wrong, we shouldn't have sent names of potential producers to Guy Oseary but to Nicole Winehofer (did i get her name right ?)

All one has to do is LISTEN to AL and the mystery as to why it didn't connect should be solved. Whether you like or dislike the song, agree or disagree about video being pulled, find the rap hilarious or cringe, I just don't see how anyone could hear that song and think it's a guaranteed hit and then be surprised that it wasn't. I mean.......LISTEN TO IT for goodness sakes lol. It is NOT an easy song to digest for even some of her most diehard fans. Blacklisted or not, that song was never going to do much Stateside.

The first time I listen to a Madonna album I can normally tell what songs could be potential future singles. After listening to AL album, there were no songs that sounded like surefire singles to me. Not one. If I were forced to pick one I would've said Hollywood, but even that was stretching it a bit. While it had an easy chorus to sing along with, it just didn't have that "oomph" factor that a single should have, something was missing to put it over into that "mass appeal" category. While understandable, I think Madonna fans sometimes mistake what they like and what actually has mass appeal. Nothing on AL does. Period. That doesn't make it a bad album either.

Thanks for posting that. That's exactly what I was trying to say although not as articulately as you. I actually really like all of AL and appreciate the message, but as it's commercial potential for generating radio hits was limited.

I love that Natalia says that Madonna has a great sense of humor. I've always found her very funny in interviews. But it seems like a lot of people don't get her sense of humor. One of the biggest misconceptions I think some people have about Madonna or I've read in the media is that she doesn't have a sense of humor or takes herself too seriously. Yes, she takes her work and her art seriously but she definitely has a great sense of humor.

Thanks for posting that. That's exactly what I was trying to say although not as articulately as you. I actually really like all of AL and appreciate the message, but as it's commercial potential for generating radio hits was limited.

keeping-it-real-o.gif

All one has to do is LISTEN to AL and the mystery as to why it didn't connect should be solved. Whether you like or dislike the song, agree or disagree about video being pulled, find the rap hilarious or cringe, I just don't see how anyone could hear that song and think it's a guaranteed hit and then be surprised that it wasn't. I mean.......LISTEN TO IT for goodness sakes lol. It is NOT an easy song to digest for even some of her most diehard fans. Blacklisted or not, that song was never going to do much Stateside.

The first time I listen to a Madonna album I can normally tell what songs could be potential future singles. After listening to AL album, there were no songs that sounded like surefire singles to me. Not one. If I were forced to pick one I would've said Hollywood, but even that was stretching it a bit. While it had an easy chorus to sing along with, it just didn't have that "oomph" factor that a single should have, something was missing to put it over into that "mass appeal" category. While understandable, I think Madonna fans sometimes mistake what they like and what actually has mass appeal. Nothing on AL does. Period. That doesn't make it a bad album either.

I agree with all of this. :clap: And American Life is probably my fave Madonna album!

Guest CzarnaWisnia

The beauty of AL is just in the overall message itself.

An album that pretty much condemns what is materialist and commercial failed to have commercial success. And personally i'm happy with the results.. listening to AL is like getting lost in the middle of a crossroad.. there's no sure path to take but one thing is for sure any path will lead you somewhere.. and Madonna chose the path of Love.

American Life is definitely her most introspective album to date and beginning with the lines "Do I have to change my name?" uttered by the most famous woman on the planet and finishing with "I am home" does show the journey of an individual who was indeed full of questions and in dire need of answers and explanations but ends up realizing only love will matter in the end and once you know that you won't need to ask anymore.

What was truly problematic for AL was the war controversy. The album is far from political but it was kind of promoted as an anti war album.. Surely if you believe in Love you wouldn't want to go war but the point is once the video controversy is removed the album just stands as a true masterpiece. It's just a special album and if people can't or don't want to get it it's their prerogative but the lack of its commercial success validates the core of the album theme even more in my humble opinion.

YES. YES. YES. That's what should have been the promo from day one. With a single like Nothing Fails or Intervention it could have worked quite well. First impressions do count and the confrontational promo didn't give a good one to the GP. Oh well...

----

I'm done and dusted myself right now... MADONNA!! Throw us a bone will ya?

THANK YOU!

You're the voice of reason. AL failed on its own merit. Failing on the charts is not indicative of a bad song, it just wan't single material (aka smaller commercial appeal). Now GI2M's total shut out in America was unjustified especially when it's version 2 spent months in the #1 spot a few years later.

What? I didn't know there was a version 2 of GI2M - let alone a well-known hit.

Guest CzarnaWisnia

Any pregnancy rumours yet?

I read Brahim is pregnant and in hiding. He said he's afraid of stretch marks and now wishes he hadn't relied on prayer as birth control.

That wasn't irony. I guess you meant exaggeration or hyperbole.

no. it's called irony.

I always tend to forget how you have such a great sense of humor.

Now you can call this sarcasm.

Addicted
- co-produced by Avicii

Autotune Baby
- co-produced by Diplo

Beautiful Scars

Bitch, I'm Madonna
- co-produced by Diplo

Body Shop
- co-written with Toby Gady, MoZella and S1

Borrowed Time
- co-produced by Avicii

Devil Prays
-co-produced by Avicii

Heartbreak City
-co-produced by Avicii

Hold Tight
- co-produced by Diplo

Holy Water
- co-written with Natalia Kills and Martin Kierszenbaum

Iconic
- produced by DJ Dahi and Blood Diamonds

Illuminati

Inside Out

Joan of Arc

Living for Love
- co-produced by Diplo and Ariel Rechtshaid
- MoZella co-writers
- features the London Community Gospel Choir

Messiah
- co-produced by Avicii
- MoZella co-writers
- features an orchestra conducted by Abel Korzeniowski

Rebel Heart
- co-produced by Avicii

Score

S.E.X.
- co-produced by DJ Dahi and Blood Diamonds

Trust No Bitch
- co-produced by DJ Dahi and Blood Diamonds

Two Steps Behind
- co-produced by Avicii

Unapologetic Bitch
- co-produced by Diplo

Veni Vidi Vici
- co-produced by Diplo

Wash All Over Me

from one of madonna blog

This is what I wrote in another thread here on the forum a few weeks ago...

Well Diplo said 3 Weeks ago the first single is DONE.

So what, now, is taking the time?

The rest of the album is still being mixed???

There's plenty that needs to be done once the album is done before the announcement though and plus, labels strategically release things when they want so maybe it's all ready but M has shoots/videos planned for January cause she knows there's no announcement till early next year.

There's plenty that needs to be done once the album is done before the announcement though and plus, labels strategically release things when they want so maybe it's all ready but M has shoots/videos planned for January cause she knows there's no announcement till early next year.

True. Well there's still involvement with the album....things are still being done but I the first singles "ready" then the videoshoot will happen this year.....same as GMAYL did in December.

I think we are weeks away from the album promo prep.