New Album thread: Guy O talks rubbish; M&M cover art rumours?

What island were some of you living on in 2003? Not North America. Madonna got **** for the album. If you don't remember that is different from it didn't happen. Madonna didn't let it drag on. Possibly why you don't remember.Whatever you think about the single it's reasons for not doing well can vary.

American Life would have sold more without the negative publicity.

I think Give It 2 Me should have been a hit. Why didn't that do well with the public? It's a great track.

I don't remember her getting too much shit for it....the album just wasn't very radio friendly is all and had no "big hits" on it. I think its a fantastic & cohesive album but not what I remember hoping for at the time. Unfortunately radio never embraced her as much after that, other than 4 minutes, which was said earlier. I do think its the age thing--which is fucked up.

Edited by PRDK

I don't remember her getting too much shit for it....the album just wasn't very radio friendly is all and had no "big hits" on it. I think its a fantastic & cohesive album but not what I remember hoping for at the time. Unfortunately radio never embraced her as much after that, other than 4 minutes, which was said earlier. I do think its the age thing--which is fucked up.

People didn't even give that album a chance because of the buzz about the American Life video. The song itself was not radio friendly but the album suffered because people dismissed it already deciding what it was about based on the negative publicity.

I also find it insulting for fellow fans to basically call others liars when they are saying they remember something. No one is getting a paycheck to research anything and quite frankly it's ridiculous. I don't exactly want to spend the night remembering that Madonna pulled that video. It was not easy for me and even worse for her.

For everyone, why trivialize everything? Why is everything a joke?

Natalia Kills: Madonna writes incredible lyrics and is so fucking funny

Natalia Kills who spent some time with Martin Kierszenbaum and Madonna recording new tracks for Madonnas new album talked about the collaboration during an interview with PAPER Magazine

She writes incredible lyrics, sings beautiful melodies, but most of all she is so fucking funny.

Madonnas dancers play my music during her rehearsals and workouts every week.

But all the attention has only sharpened her focus on her own work

Im really excited for my new music. Its funny, but cowriting songs for world-renowned pop stars has allowed me to be more obscure and inappropriate with my own sound.

American Life is a masterpiece. Very important album.

I was definitely too young to understand it at the time--in fact, I remember switching the channel whenever the boring edited version of the American Life video (with the flags in the background) came on. I was 9 years old when it was released! I didn't discover the album until much later when I was 17 and gained a new appreciation for it.

Edited by Hunter

People didn't even give that album a chance because of the buzz about the American Life video. The song itself was not radio friendly but the album suffered because people dismissed it already deciding what it was about based on the negative publicity.

I also find it insulting for fellow fans to basically call others liars when they are saying they remember something. No one is getting a paycheck to research anything and quite frankly it's ridiculous. I don't exactly want to spend the night remembering that Madonna pulled that video. It was not easy for me and even worse for her.

For everyone, why trivialize everything? Why is everything a joke?

I'm not denying you your opinion of why the album tanked, but really, can you know what every single potential record buyer thought and extrapolate why they chose not to buy the album? I don't think anyone knows that. However, what can conclude is that pop music isn't really rocket science. The first single did not perform well in virtually every country. Sure it hit #1 some places but then it slid down faster than cat diarrhea on a hot tin roof.

I am not going to debate anyone over the "brilliance" of that track or the lack thereof. It didn't connect the same way "Music" or "4 Minutes" did. That's that.

I like plenty of things that mainstream audience don't like but I am not sitting here blaming people or events for their lack of mass appeal. Not everything is going to be a huge success. That's not a mistake or a conspiracy, that is called life.

So the list :

Avicii, Diplo, Mnek, Ariel Rechstaid, Kiesza, Blood diamond, Natalia Kills, Dj Dahi, Mozella, Toby Gade, S1

+Alicia Keys on piano

Don't forget Salem Al Fakir, Vincent Pontare, Magnus Lidehäll, Carl Falk, Rami Yacoub and Savan Kotecha :)

+ the London Community Gospel Choir

+ an orchestra conducted by Abel Korzeniowski

Don't forget Salem Al Fakir, Vincent Pontare, Magnus Lidehäll, Carl Falk, Rami Yacoub and Savan Kotecha :)

This record is going to be beyond epic. So excited.

Natalia said great things about M, can't wait for "Holy Water."

Ametican life is a great album but it killed madonna s career on the usa. END. EASSY. Next

Her RADIO career, which would have happened amyway due to ageism, but npt her misic career

She followed it up with the near 2 million selling,Confessions alnum, followed by decent US sellers like HC, Celebration and even MDNA

Need I mention,her huge record breaking tours on the US, since 2003.

Thats a really stupid thing to say

Could it be possible AL suffered even more as result of Madonna's anti-war comments?

i think if it was published in post bush era it would be a bigger hit...

but since it was to early...in a time where bush administracy, pro war propaganda and burst of usa patriotism was on its peak it was impossible to push it comercialy more than it was....

uk was under blair....bush num 2

AL has real quality of conceptual artistic pop album.

it is underrated by fans, by critics and media.

i would dare to say that itsher rol numb 2. and in some things even better. as it sounds still fresh and its sound it equal then and now....orbit cant match with mirwais. rol was really good but it sounds like 90' album. that is orbit failure.

uh, thank God this is reposted sometimes, because with so much nonsense we are clearly losing track of the REAL info. Thank you babe.

I'm not denying you your opinion of why the album tanked, but really, can you know what every single potential record buyer thought and extrapolate why they chose not to buy the album? I don't think anyone knows that. However, what can conclude is that pop music isn't really rocket science. The first single did not perform well in virtually every country. Sure it hit #1 some places but then it slid down faster than cat diarrhea on a hot tin roof.

I am not going to debate anyone over the "brilliance" of that track or the lack thereof. It didn't connect the same way "Music" or "4 Minutes" did. That's that.

I like plenty of things that mainstream audience don't like but I am not sitting here blaming people or events for their lack of mass appeal. Not everything is going to be a huge success. That's not a mistake or a conspiracy, that is called life.

Could that be why I said the reasons for it not doing well can vary in my previous post? "People didn't give that album a chance because of the buzz about the American Life video." Fact. I didn't say every person living had that experience but a lot did. I am not the one speaking for everyone here or havng an issue with facts. I know what I remember. A couple years after, I had a pointed discussion with someone I just met and how she felt people didn't give the album a chance because of the negative publicity.

Please save your disgusting descriptions for someone else that speaks like that. You don't have far to look in this forum.

So the moral of the story is not everyone had the same experience of what happened during that time. I said that people possibly didn't remember. Do I know why? No. Do I care? No. All I ask is that you do not make statements that rewrites hisory because It suits how you feel or your beliefs. I am the one saying there are several reasons.

People do allow themselves to be influenced by others and the media. When you speak conspiracy you have to be able to tell the difference between people responding to what I felt was a reaction of the media and the public and some thinking up some grand far fetched story. People were in the throes of not wanting to sound unpatriotic and that is what people ran with when talking about the video which opened the whole album era. That is not a conspiracy. That is a reaction from people who didn't remotely want to hear criticism of their country. That disabling feeling which Is doing us no favors can still be felt today.

I am not going to debate it anymore because I'm done. Possibly everyone Is having one of their little "jokes?"

So these are all the tracks that we know about from Drowned Madonna & Madonnarama?

Rebel Heart

Living For Love

Unapologetic Bitch

Wash All Over Me

Messiah

Joan Of Arc

Bitch I'm Madonna

Iconic

Holy Water

Inside Out

Veni Vidi Vici

Heartbreak City

Two Steps Behind

Addicted

Illuminati

Body Shop

Autotune Baby

Devil Prays

Beautiful Scars

S.E.X.

Trust No Bitch

Score

Borrowed Time

Hold Tight

= 24

Edited by Mr Ciccone

So these are all the tracks that we know about from Drowned Madonna & Madonnarama?

Rebel Heart

Living For Love

Unapologetic Bitch

Wash All Over Me

Messiah

Joan Of Arc

Bitch I'm Madonna

Iconic

Holy Water

Inside Out

Veni Vidi Vici

Heartbreak City

Two Steps Behind

Addicted

Illuminati

Body Shop

Autotune Baby

Devil Prays

Beautiful Scars

S.E.X.

Trust No Bitch

Score

Borrowed Time

Hold Tight

= 24

There are 40 songs apparently so there are still about 15 we don't know anything about. And let's not forget she might have written new tracks with new collaborators at this point.

I checked all the titles in the list and the only one i'm not familiar with is Score. Refresh my memory , please :)

There are 40 songs apparently so there are still about 15 we don't know anything about. And let's not forget she might have written new tracks with new collaborators at this point.

I checked all the titles in the list and the only one i'm not familiar with is Score. Refresh my memory , please :)

http://drownedmadonna.com/madonna-tracks-natalia-kills-score-trust-bitch-holy-water/20140921