New Album thread: Guy O talks rubbish; M&M cover art rumours?

Shocked at the amount of philistines in here. Gain some music knowledge guys. Ok so some of you may not have heard of Ariel Pink. Go do your research then. Anybody who thinks he could not bring something interesting to the table is totally fooling themselves. He might have been a little harsh when talking about Madonnas recent output but he is not 100% inaccurate, a lot of dumbing down has been happening recently. Whether anything comes of this or not, I'm just happy that Madonna is thinking outside the box.

I really hope that Interscope doesn't bring in any more lunatics.Let Madonna finish up her own album,her own way with her own collaborators.This idiot is not even really a fan of Madonna!!

Interscope has got nothing to do with that

They just distribute her record :thumbsup:

Besides Madonna has been choosing her co-producers since the 80s so I wouldn't worry about any of that

Looks like this Mermaid guy was out for a quick publicity fix

Sorry if this has been posted already

http://www.tv3.ie/entertainment_article.php?locID=1.803.810&article=148075

822619_636x357.jpg

Madonna gives MNEK bag of lemons

Madonna gave MNEK a bag of lemons and some throat-soothing tea bags to help him keep his voice in tip-top shape.The 19-year-old singer/songwriter has teamed up with the music legend on a song for her upcoming new album and admits the 56-year-old star gave him plenty of advice about how to look after his vocal chords.
He exclusively told BANG Showbiz: ''She's really cool. So lovely and very motherly. She gave me a bag full of lemons and Throat Coat tea bags. They're pretty amazing.''
:inlove:
So much for being a bitch or a diva
Obviously the deranged part of her fandom expects her to stop in the street to have a chat or something
And when she understandably doesn't, they call her a bitch

Sorry if this has been posted already

http://www.tv3.ie/entertainment_article.php?locID=1.803.810&article=148075

822619_636x357.jpg

Madonna gives MNEK bag of lemons

Madonna gave MNEK a bag of lemons and some throat-soothing tea bags to help him keep his voice in tip-top shape.The 19-year-old singer/songwriter has teamed up with the music legend on a song for her upcoming new album and admits the 56-year-old star gave him plenty of advice about how to look after his vocal chords.

He exclusively told BANG Showbiz: ''She's really cool. So lovely and very motherly. She gave me a bag full of lemons and Throat Coat tea bags. They're pretty amazing.''

:inlove:

So much for being a bitch or a diva

Obviously the deranged part of her fandom expects her to stop in the street to have a chat or something

And when she understandably doesn't, they call her a bitch

My favorite tea for my voice!!!!

I didn't know M drank throat coat!!!

I drink it cause I heard Debbie drinks if for her voice.

Shocked at the amount of philistines in here. Gain some music knowledge guys. Ok so some of you may not have heard of Ariel Pink. Go do your research then. Anybody who thinks he could not bring something interesting to the table is totally fooling themselves. He might have been a little harsh when talking about Madonnas recent output but he is not 100% inaccurate, a lot of dumbing down has been happening recently. Whether anything comes of this or not, I'm just happy that Madonna is thinking outside the box.

Are you YET ANOTHER one who is writing and producing for her new album too? If you are, poor you. Becuz you sound like a B-side material. :(

Madonna has no interest in working with mermaids or people who are out of their minds.

Of course Madonna thinks out the box. And if she ever has thought "inside the box" it because it suited her because she may be doing other things that considered more important. But this album is important for her and she's not going to let some stupid business person tell her what to do. She told Warner to shove it several times, and now that she's independent, go figure.

Now question: is it ever possible that now anybody can tell Madonna what to do? I doubt LIve Nation tells her anything, she's the most powerful in tours right now. And Interscope is only pressing her albums and putting them on shelves or online, isn't it?

Ariel pink has actually done some good tunes, pretty interesting stuff but his comments were fucking dumb. Glad Grimes piped up though.

this story is EVERYWHERE in the UK :lmao:

http://crackmagazine.net/2014/10/ariel-pink-claims-to-be-writing-songs-for-madonna-grimes-and-madonnas-representative-respond/

The backlash has ensued following Ariel Pink’s claims and comments about writing songs for Madonna. “Interscope are calling me to help write Madonna’s record,” Pink told Faster Louder in an interview published yesterday (13 October). “They need something edgy. They need songwriting. She can’t just have her Avicii, her producers or whatever, come up with a new techno jam for her to gyrate to and pretend that she’s 20 years old. They actually need songs. I’m partly responsible for that return-to-values thing.”

He went on to insinuate that the quality of Madonna’s music has got progressively worse since her self-titled ’83 debut. “I guess it’s called ‘throwback’, but the first record was so good because of the songs … It’s been a downward slide [since] … Ray of Light is not cool. And all the other stuff she’s done after that, it’s not like it matters. It really shows a drain of values. People need more substance in their mac-and-cheese. People need more sugar or something”. For her last album, 2012’s EDM-influenced album MDNA, Madonna worked extensively with producers Martin Solveig and Benny Benassi, a move Pink was also critical of. “It’s not because of her age,” he said. “It’s because of the things that she thinks she needs to do to stay in her narcissistic domination of the world. Which is totally hers to have. But it’s about not just being a yes person. I’m sure Interscope signed her like, ‘Okay, the last record didn’t do so well. We gotta do something about this. We’re gonna get all new songwriters together and we’re gonna try to come up with this thing. ’Cause she needs help with this.’ And she’s happy to let them do that for her.”

You can read Twitter replies from Grimes and Madonna’s manger Guy Oseary, plus Pink’s subsequent response below.

From Guy Oseary:

.@madonnarebel @madonna and I have never heard of @arielxpink. The label may have reached out but M has no interest in working with mermaids

lol_star_trek_tng.gif

lady-gaga-mermaid.jpg

lol_anchorman.gif

Good to see that Guy is still working for Madonna but his comment was rather lame. I mean, making fun of a name? How witty

tumblr_m2whpox3Eu1ql5yr7o1_r1_400.gif

Better than making fun of his mug.

110812arielpinkmagmg070812.jpg

I'm getting vibes that Interscope trashed her efforts with Avicci (and possibly even with Diblo)..

They have probably send her back to the drawing room.

Remember how she played the "record" to Mert and Marcus already early Spring?

Interscope have ZERO control over the material that Madonna produces. They basically pay Madonna $1m for the right to distribute the album. She doesn't have a recording deal with Interscope - her deal is with Live Nation. All Interscope does is produce and distribute the CDs. Warners certainly never sent Madonna back into the recording studio to rework an album and they had far more of a stake in Madonna's musical output than Interscope does.

Grimes is such a fan. maybe she's here?

@grimezsz: Ariel pinks delusional misogyny is emblematic of the kind of bullshit everyone woman in this industry faces daily

Also ray of light is a masterpiece

then someone named daniel moon king (a verified account) said:

@danielmoonking

i had firsthand experience of this it was fucked. i have never heard sum1 say such fucking horrible things about women. like, really nasty shit. i was not impressed

@grimezsz: @danielmoonking haha I know! Me too! I'm shocked that anyone is humoring him I hate talking shit but damn

Happy-Clap.gif

(...) In a recent interview with The Wire magazine, Ariel Pink – the Lomo Beck set to become chillwave's first crossover star – got talking about "beta male revenge" (...). Apparently, their intelligence and empathy means that "beta males have got it figured out so that they don't have to chase or rape their prey, so to speak". Now, I had to read over this sentence a number of times to ensure that I hadn't nodded off and fallen prey to some hypnagogic misunderstanding, but every time I went back and checked it still said the same thing. The new man, apparently, will gradually come to assert his authority over the Neanderthals of days gone by, wielding his intellect and therapeutic literacy as, once upon a time, white-shirted archetypes splashed on the Brut and flexed their biceps. Pink's life-script is basically swiped from the half-forgotten eighties college-movie spoof Revenge Of The Nerds: tellingly, above cover art showing its heroes surrounded by cheerleaders, that film's tagline read "now it's time for the odd to get even".

The grossness of the statement goes beyond its reduction of women to instruments of revenge in a centuries-old dick-swinging contest. It also contains an implication that men can – and perhaps even should, if we read this as dating advice – feign sympathy with feminist anger about institutionalised, 'traditional' misogyny in order to pull. It's hard to believe that the problems Pink has with alpha male sexual attitudes are motivated by anything other than a desire to heal his own old playground wounds, and there's certainly no desire for gender equality behind it. Indeed, in another ill-fated interview, this time with Fader, he went abruptly off-piste to state that his ambition was to be able to 'support' a partner who would "fucking, you know, stay home and make French fries and have babies". Some support, that. For all that self-styled beta sensitivity, romance gets utterly subordinated by Pink's wish to have a trophy partner to show off to his neighbourhood's SUV-driving jocks.

http://thequietus.com/articles/10133-ariel-pink-beta-male-misogyny

Ariel's view:

tumblr_nbaaaiuOBW1sztujko7_r1_250.gif

Shocked you haven't been flushed yet. Gain some music knowledge?

Time for you TO GO queen

You're right, SOME of what he said was true, like her trying too hard to be 20 (at times)....He just sounded like a huge gaping asshole and obviously never heard Confessions if he thought everything after ROL was downhill.

You're right, SOME of what he said was true, like her trying too hard to be 20 (at times)....He just sounded like a huge gaping asshole and obviously never heard Confessions if he thought everything after ROL was downhill.

Um no, he said everything after her debut in 1983 went downhill.

I wouldn't mind if he and M worked on something behind the scenes, although he clearly comes at the music from a completely different perspective and being seen as a collaborator or even friendly towards her in public would be the kiss of death from his own core fans.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ariel_Pink

Pink's solo tours have generally been met with much negativity, primarily because his music was never intended to be performed live for commercial audiences.[16] As he explained to LA Weekly:[17]

“ People boo me everywhere...They don't even hide their contempt. I'm used to it now...Hey, I'm giving audiences the real thing...For better or worse, I'm out there, and those are the circumstances. People don't like it when it seems like you don't know what's happening, or I'm getting bummed out with certain aspects and I can't hide it. I think people feel that pain and just think it's bad.

There are thousands of talented people to work with, and this Ariel is a nobody. Why giving him the attention he's looking for. Anybody who thinks that Madonna's career has been downhill since Everybody, then he's clearly a troll. Period.

From Guy Oseary:

.@madonnarebel @madonna and I have never heard of @arielxpink. The label may have reached out but M has no interest in working with mermaids

this is fking funny.