New Album thread: Guy O talks rubbish; M&M cover art rumours?

Well it came out of her managers mouth so why would it not be true? I'm sure he has plenty of things that are actually true to use as examples without having to make shit up.

And anyway, I just don't know so many people can be fretting over that quote. Talk about drama queens.

I suspect it's just because people want the album now and this quote brings them a lot of disappointment since they assumed the album would be out at a certain date. Even though there's been no indication of any release date from Madonna's side.

sorry i missed the link posted about the manager. So it's definitely true but I'm not going to panic over this

She's not quite there yet.

Ray of light, Hard Candy and American Life were all recorded and completed across a full year.

I'd say "most" of her albums takes a year from the beginnings to "ready for release".

Yes, this has usually been the case, at least for the past 25 years of her career.

I guess one of the few exceptions is MDNA, which was released just 8 months after Madonna started working on the album.

In hindsight, I'd say that a release in Q1 of 2015 has been the most likely scenario all along, even if Madonna had originally intended to have the album out by now.

PEOPLE GET A GRIP! They just talked about a producer, maybe because there's something in the album that need some special touch.

UUUUUGGGGGGHHHH. Why does it always seem that some people here are on the verge of hyperventilating all the time??????

I honestly believe the producer Guy mentioned was the one who would undertake the final mixing/mastering of the album. Also I'm convinced now that this be no ordinary release because of his statements from the Billboard article.

Guest CzarnaWisnia

PEOPLE GET A GRIP! They just talked about a producer, maybe because there's something in the album that need some special touch.

UUUUUGGGGGGHHHH. Why does it always seem that some people here are on the verge of hyperventilating all the time??????

Calm down. Here, breathe calmly:

paper-bag-recycling.jpg

2n1xgrd.jpg

I think it's safe to assume that the album is done she is about to do the album photo shoot with Mert and Marcus

CAN WE PLEASE HAVE THE THREAD TITLE CHANGED?

As this is REAL news.

It's time for another Marie Antoinette perfo from madonna!! Almost 1 each 10 years!!! A melt between Joan of arc and Marie Antoinette would be a amazing look for the album!!

Well it came out of her managers mouth so why would it not be true? I'm sure he has plenty of things that are actually true to use as examples without having to make shit up.

And anyway, I just don't know so many people can be fretting over that quote. Talk about drama queens.

I suspect it's just because people want the album now and this quote brings them a lot of disappointment since they assumed the album would be out at a certain date. Even though there's been no indication of any release date from Madonna's side.

I don't think this is this issue. Most of us have already accepted that the album probably won't be out until next year. It's the idea that M needs Guy to hire a consultant to find her a creative partner, especially after 9 months of recording with various other people, that seems suspect and/or troubling. But like others have said, it still seems likely that the album is near completion, so either the quote is probably misleading.

I don't think this is this issue. Most of us have already accepted that the album probably won't be out until next year. It's the idea that M needs Guy to hire a consultant to find her a creative partner, especially after 9 months of recording with various other people, that seems suspect and/or troubling. But like others have said, it still seems likely that the album is near completion, so either the quote is probably misleading.

Do you realize that we have Ray Of light because of Guy? He was the one that made it possibile and suggested him to Madonna and asked William.

With all these conflicting reports I feel like she's gonna surprise release

I think so too. But I don't think it's gonna be like Beyonces. You now, it's on itunes now. I guess she will give a performance somewhere, to return with a BANG. Similar to Hung Up at the EMAs when they used to be good. On the other hand it might be the perfect place considering the show is in desperate need of a real pro after all this years of amateurs.

Guest bluejean

I honestly believe the producer Guy mentioned was the one who would undertake the final mixing/mastering of the album.

If that were the case he would say "mixing engineer" or "mastering engineer" which are 2 completely different things to a music producer. Wishful thinking on your part I'm afraid.

Guest bluejean

With all these conflicting reports I feel like she's gonna surprise release

Her manager just said she's looking for another producer for her album. There's nothing conflicting about that to me.

Unless she surprises us with a single only? But it seems very unlike Madonna to release a single before the albums all recorded.