New Album thread: Guy O talks rubbish; M&M cover art rumours?

I’m having him right now help me on finding a producer for Madonna’s new album.

This is so wrong. Hasn't she worked with MNEK, Diplo, Avicii, Grimes, the 2 young dj with a didldo shot, Pharrel?

The current output must be not up to par if they want bring in a new producer.

Yes, this happened with BS (with Shep) and ROL (with Babyface) and possibly Music (with Sasha), but I don't think there had been this much time and work spent. Those were just songwriting sessions from what I recall. And M is notoriously thrifty, so I doubt she'd spend this much studio time only to scrap it all after 9 months. And she seems very enthusiastic about the new material. It just doesn't add up. Maybe that Guy O quote is inaccurate after all....unless it's a red herring and they're trying to lower expectations that the album will done anytime soon so they can then surprise-release it this year.

Yes, this happened with BS (with Shep) and ROL (with Babyface) and possibly Music (with Sasha), but I don't think there had been this much time and work spent. Those were just songwriting sessions from what I recall. And M is notoriously thrifty, so I doubt she'd spend this much studio time only to scrap it all after 9 months. And she seems very enthusiastic about the new material. It just doesn't add up. Maybe that Guy O quote is inaccurate after all....unless it's a red herring and they're trying to lower expectations that the album will done anytime soon so they can then surprise-release it this year.

I agree.

She had spent the whole year piecing this album together, so I find it hard to swallow she's now looking for a new producer.

However, the quote has been rolling on several media outlets so I think it's true!?!

I dunno, I think we are all getting mixed messages here....but maybe the album isn't in the finishing stages after all.

We are all JUST assuming its a spring release next year.

Everyone M has worked with this year :

Avicii/Magnus Lidehall/Savan Kotcha/Carl Falk/Rami Yacoub/Vincent Pontare/Salem Al Fakir

Diplo/Ariel Rechtshaid/MNEK/Kiesza

Toby Gad/S1/Mozella

Martin Kierszenbaum/Natalia Kills

Fred Ball

Pharrell

DJ Dehi/Blood Diamonds

Where exactly does the "looking for a new producer" comment come from? The Billboard article says no such thing, only that another manager is consulting with Oseary on M's new album.

Wouldn't be MadonnaDrama living up to its name AGAIN would it...?

i bet they were having hot quickie sessions in the stuio, hence his drowsiness and lack of focus.

He's a working DJ with lots of other commitments, I get that but Madonnas not used to it.

Thing is, with zero other projects this year I think the album should of been ready now....

But there's been lots of big gaps in between recording...

I rarely comment abour other posters but this thread is so full of flop fans...

She's Madonna...she isnt some pop starlet in desperate need for a hit..

She doesn't need a blockbuster album or 5 #1 singles...if she's taking so much time recording this album is because she's absolutely determined in releasing a top notch album, that makes me excited...

Im having him right now help me on finding a producer for Madonnas new album.

This is so wrong. Hasn't she worked with MNEK, Diplo, Avicii, Grimes, the 2 young dj with a didldo shot, Pharrel?

The current output must be not up to par if they want bring in a new producer.

My thoughts exactly.

Maybe we're jumping into conclusions but this sounds like some non-cohesive messy ala MDNA. Who knows. That's the reason of the delay. Saying an artist (even Madonna) doesn't need a hit when a new album drops its insane.

I remember her sitting on the floor or on couches with a guitar and rocking a pretty organic song writing phase for quite a while this year. and that would be only step one in recording a record. i don't know that she's been active in the studio since so early in the year. i remember rumors the whole project was gonna drop in like what? april? talk about quick shooters! it's been really cool as a long time madonna fan to actually see her in the process of making music (what little we are actually honestly being able to see and sometimes i wonder if it's all in real time or if she's positing from back in april then up in october then back again to june... ). also, it's been frustrating with all this surprise release possibility that B put out there in the world. anything could happen. but dang i want my record. lol

i'm going to do this one like i did erotica. skip school (call out of work, this time) and go home and make sure i am all alone.... and listen to it and touch it. ....and wonder why the hell she has a foot in her damn mouth!

but probably i will listen to any clip i can. coz it's 2014. and its how we do

okay someone find the source asap. otherwise its just bullshit, i should have known, from this thread

and i want whoever started the 'need another producer' talk too

lol

Where exactly does the "looking for a new producer" comment come from? The Billboard article says no such thing, only that another manager is consulting with Oseary on M's new album.

Wouldn't be MadonnaDrama living up to its name AGAIN would it...?

This tbh. That quote sounds really childish to me, doesn't sound like it will come out of Guy's mouth.

Im having him right now help me on finding a producer for Madonnas new album.

"I'm having him right now help me on finding" isn't even proper ENGLISH.

I'm sure with Guy's impeccable grasp of English, he would have said: "He's helping me find..."

Funny how nobody can find the source of this 'quote'.

Seems an extream statement to make if it's just 1-2 songs.

Recording has taken place since Febuary, on-off, I get the impression whats been "bagged" Madonna isn't happy with.

I did think that last month when new people were being broght in.....obviously she doesn't just want Diplo and her "creative" doors are still open.

But I did thing these kinds of decisions would if all been made 9months ago when work started on the album.

I respect the decision though, if rather more recording and the album realeased in May 2015, than finishing up on songs that just don't "cut it" and a release in March 2015.

It's an unfounded comment, so if madonnarama wants to substitute "consulting on" for " looking for a new producer" then that's on them. As Kim said madonnaDrama. :-)

And guy o has a history of talking in loose terms, and that supposed statement reads like "hey, I've got these guys working for me...um, I mean us." Btw that's not Guy O hate, that's just how I tend to read his comments.

But if she is looking for a new producer, it could be to bridge the sonic gap that working with so many people can sometimes cause. MNEK only worked on one song, so why couldn't another producer come in and work on another 1 or 2?

At this point, as much as I want the new album sooner, if she's taking her sweet ass time making sure it's right, then how could it be wrong?

This is Madonna, she does what she wants and when it ain't right, it doesn't make the cut.

I doubt she's going to trash 25 songs. But if she does that doesn't mean it's a lost gem. Listen to leaked demos, it's not unusual for her to take a song or two and combine them or rewrite them into another new song, because the original form of the song wasn't good enough for her to put her name on commercially.

When it's done, it shall be released. If she wants to work for another year on it, then I'd be worried. Quite frankly, I prefer all this speculation due to her own posts and words than the usual "shhhhhhh! It's top secret!!" Bullshit.

Madonna knows this has to be the album of her career. She is not allowed to fail this time.. She's been quite on the music front for a while now...and it's this new generation of wannabes that has kept her legend alive more than ever. She needs another classic and she's pulling out all the stops to deliver one. if she's still scouting for something fresher i don't see no harm in asking jer manager for help. Surely wouldn't be the first time she's having collaborators suggested by her manager, would it?

No need to panic here!

^ are you serious? Shes fucking,Madonna! Her legacy is already, signed, sealed and delivered and in multiple music Hall of Fames

She has nothing to prove amymore, in terms of sales, we just wamt GOOD music

As for the decline in sales of the MDNA tour compared to Sticky, it was bound to hapoen amyway,since the,European economy was in a better place during Sticky and she,SMASHED in South America, where there was pent up deman as she hasnt toured there since 1993!

MDNA seemed much bigger in the US than Sticky and I had to,wait for the second Yankee Stadium date to get tickets, because the first date sold out so quickly

It still ended as the #1 tour of 2012, with Madonna having the 2 top tours by a female artist of all time

What decay Cruncher?

Any other female in music would KILL for those,numbers

Eh, I don't mind if it really is the case that the album will take longer to record. This interim period is the perfect time to finish promoting MDNA. I know I say this all the time, but I think it's criminal that the more people didn't get the privilege to be exposed to more MDNA songs - criminal!

Eh, I don't mind if it really is the case that the album will take longer to record. This interim period is the perfect time to finish promoting MDNA. I know I say this all the time, but I think it's criminal that the more people didn't get the privilege to be exposed to more MDNA songs - criminal!

Time for a Tarantino-directed Gang Bang video while she finishes recording this album :wow::lmao:

It's Avicii, and if you believe this latest crap....then Duplo's out too...thank fuck!

Like I care how some generic "dj" spells his name. Just be happy I capitalized it :laugh:

It's just bad english skills and a made up quote. Nowhere in the article it says that. What it says is Guy is working with Gee Robertson from Blueprint Group on a marketing strategy for Madonna's next album. Check blueprint group work here http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/4641274/40-under-40-cortez-bryant-gee-roberson-the-blueprint-group

Maverick and Live Nation, but their creative cross-pollination is already on display. In July, Oseary and Laffitte teamed up to co-manage Alicia Keys, Laffitte is connecting Oseary with radio consultants for the next U2 single, and Roberson is consulting on Madonna's next album with Oseary.