New Album thread: Guy O talks rubbish; M&M cover art rumours?

sorry but i don't like the idea that this backlash is everywhere. it makes it sound like madonna needs these people and doesn't write anything herself. a reputation (an unfair one) she's had for years now.

Au contraire! It's news about a new Madonna album and the fact that they are hiring the best producers and writers. If the album makes later an impact, nobody will remember those news. Madonna is used to bad publicity. She always takes advantage of it.

Does anybody remember now that Rihanna was broke after Umbrella? Only me, and i'm a weirdo.

sorry but i don't like the idea that this backlash is everywhere. it makes it sound like madonna needs these people and doesn't write anything herself. a reputation (an unfair one) she's had for years now.

And that's the whole point. To get that impression into the media. That douche was clearly instructed to do this, and he will be rewarded by the media.

john norris:

24 hours in which @arielxpink played us like a violin. Kind of like those Vivaldi strings at the beginning of "Papa Don't Preach".

Oseary evoking a mermaid reminds me of when M had her Blond Ambition boys as mermen, flapping their tails in time to "Cherish". Good stuff.

The Cherish video is MERMEN...not maids

But that's what Nikki said

john norris:

24 hours in which @arielxpink played us like a violin. Kind of like those Vivaldi strings at the beginning of "Papa Don't Preach".

Oseary evoking a mermaid reminds me of when M had her Blond Ambition boys as mermen, flapping their tails in time to "Cherish". Good stuff.

john norris:

ariel played john like a violin? Anyone with a brain knows the maid is just another member of the say something hateful about M and the press will reward you symphony of douche bags.

Shocked at the amount of philistines in here. Gain some music knowledge guys. Ok so some of you may not have heard of Ariel Pink. Go do your research then. Anybody who thinks he could not bring something interesting to the table is totally fooling themselves. He might have been a little harsh when talking about Madonnas recent output but he is not 100% inaccurate, a lot of dumbing down has been happening recently. Whether anything comes of this or not, I'm just happy that Madonna is thinking outside the box.

Are you insane? No matter what any M fan's opinion of her last decade output, this moron said everything after "Madonna" was downhill. Guy fucked up, no job for that loser. He needs to take his little bit of pathetic promo dropping Madonna's name and be gone with himself.

Warners certainly never sent Madonna back into the recording studio to rework an album

I thought they did for American Life. The original version of the album sounded a lot like Die Another Day and Nobody Knows Me, but Madonna stripped some songs down when Warner rejected the album. Didn't Stuart Price say how X-Static Process started out as a dance track called The Process? All of this could be wrong. Please correct me if it is.

Shocked at the amount of philistines in here. Gain some music knowledge guys. Ok so some of you may not have heard of Ariel Pink. Go do your research then. Anybody who thinks he could not bring something interesting to the table is totally fooling themselves. He might have been a little harsh when talking about Madonnas recent output but he is not 100% inaccurate, a lot of dumbing down has been happening recently. Whether anything comes of this or not, I'm just happy that Madonna is thinking outside the box.

I really don't want to jump on the bandwagon here, but knowing Ariel Pink = music knowledge? :doh: I knew who he was and he was an attention-seeking baffoon before all this. And he has no place inside a studio with the Queen.

As for Madonna's recent output, I'll be the first one to criticize, but ROL is not recent, and it's certainly not "not cool." Get a clue before you post such nonsense Titty.

I thought they did for American Life. The original version of the album sounded a lot like Die Another Day and Nobody Knows Me, but Madonna stripped some songs down when Warner rejected the album. Didn't Stuart Price say how X-Static Process started out as a dance track called The Process? All of this could be wrong. Please correct me if it is.

I vaguely remember reading something about that in the NY Daily News. I lived in NYC at the time. But you can never believe anything they say because they are a tabloid so who knows if it's true or not. But as I remember it was the opposite, I think the article said that they wanted her to make it more dance and less acoustic and stripped down. So it doesn't seem as though she went along with what Warners wanted. I can't imagine they would object to her making a dance/electronic based album and want her instead to go more acoustic/stripped down. Record companies usually like artists to sort of stick with the genre they are known for as not to alienate your older fans and since Madonna is known as a dance based artist, I can't imagine Warners would want her to make it less dance and more stripped down.

I vaguely remember reading something about that in the NY Daily News. I lived in NYC at the time. But you can never believe anything they say because they are a tabloid so who knows if it's true or not. But as I remember it was the opposite, I think the article said that they wanted her to make it more dance and less acoustic and stripped down. So it doesn't seem as though she went along with what Warners wanted. I can't imagine they would object to her making a dance/electronic based album and want her instead to go more acoustic/stripped down. Record companies usually like artists to sort of stick with the genre they are known for as not to alienate your older fans and since Madonna is known as a dance based artist, I can't imagine Warners would want her to make it less dance and more stripped down.

I thiiiink I remember hearing that the 'rockier' mixes on Remixed & Revisited is what the album was originally meant to sound like.

I thiiiink I remember hearing that the 'rockier' mixes on Remixed & Revisited is what the album was originally meant to sound like.

I thought Confessions was going to be the rockier album. the original ILNY, and I'm In Love With Love point to that. All the demos from AL point to a very acoustic album.

i remember reading something in the UK press (don't remember if it was the Sun or The Mirror) and they said the opposite. They were saying the album was way too over the top and they needed to make it more accessible to the public. i never believed that story for some reason. i find it hard to believe the record company telling Madonna to re work on an album. Although i have heard of the label suggesting artists.. eventually i think Madonna will always have the last say.

These are all just made up Internet rumors. Liz even Had to debunk that rumor. If in fact it were true, wouldn't it be the opposite? As the album is pretty entirely acoustic, yet the outtakes are supposedly more dance oriented...

And yes x static did start out as an electronic song

Yen I read that was the reason we didn't get the album in 2002 when it was surpose to be released and answers ghe long break between Music in 2000-American Life 2003.

But I doubt Interscope have any of that influence Warners DID have with Madonna and her musical output.

However, after MDNA, it seems Madonna and her team want a big time album on thier hands (yes, granted Madonna always does) and that's why she's dedicating so much time to it.....and surrounding herself with so many songwritters, producers and mixers....

And it looks like Madonna IS re-working stuff, or at least re-recording stuff.....I do believe the album was always ment to be out this 4th Quarter, but the work on the new music has now over-lapped into 2015 (the year already deducated to touring).

It's all VERY exciting if it meens better music....and it sounds like her creative juices are in FULL swing!

Doubt it. The album is obviously exactly what Madonna and Mirwais wanted it to be. Madonna was riding a big wave from ROL, Music and her DWT, so WB likely let her do whatever she wanted at that point. The delays had more to do with the fact that Madonna was doing various other things, like the play in London, movies, etc. She worked on the album on and off for a long time. I do think WB had some influence after AL didn't do very well, but I don't think Interscope has much say in the matter aside from hearing the material toward the end for planning purposes.

From Guy Oseary:

.@madonnarebel @madonna and I have never heard of @arielxpink. The label may have reached out but M has no interest in working with mermaids

of course she has no interest in repeating herself, she has done it already

madonna-mermaid-600x800.jpg