New Album thread: Guy O talks rubbish; M&M cover art rumours?

"Wash All Over Me," sounds good. A lot of rich imagery from the lyrics so far for this era.

Have noticed though that DM seems to think several songs should be singles. Almost every exclusive ends with "we think this should be a single for sure," lol.

he probably couldnt handle having a strong woman in control over the music she wants to make, if its true that is, OR he is just using her name to draw attention to himself like a long list of others (mostly pussy men).

i thought the opposite, that he's using her now for attention and clearly isn't working with her.. hence the tweet.. but you could be right as well. i don't see why he would do that if he really works with her.

^ Yeah, I'm assuming they were already not working together before that tweet. He's just milking it now.

I was under the impression that Interscope is just the company that distributes the album...

And marketing, but yes. It's not only odd that ANY label would be recommending producers/songwriters, but I'm not sure that's the relationship she has with Interscope. I'm sure she plays them the final tracks, but I didn't think they were doing A&R on the album. If it's true, then that's just disappointing.

i thought the opposite, that he's using her now for attention and clearly isn't working with her.. hence the tweet..

Of course he is. Do you remember those Diagram of the heart guys?

I'm getting vibes that Interscope trashed her efforts with Avicci (and possibly even with Diblo)..

They have probably send her back to the drawing room.

Remember how she played the "record" to Mert and Marcus already early Spring?

hahaha I told you all from the start this avicci character didn't have the skills to pull this off. He better have not fucked up my new Madonna record.

And this ariel guy. Oh yeah, Madonna needs you to be edgy. They're always "edgy." Every last one of them. Who are you again? If he wanted anyone to take his comment seriously he would've picked a different record to trash other than ROL of all things.

Ariel Pink@arielxpink 23 min

I haven't heard from Madge in the past 24hrs. Was it something I said? #thankyou #bigmouth #nexttime

Okay, it's pretty clear he is milking his story as long as he can. I have my doubts he ever was seriously considered. And "was it something I said"? Really? Playing innocent after giving an interview being disrespectful about her as a person (talking about her age and narcism) and her work (everything after Borderline was downhill). And then asking such a question? Tells me he is either pretty dumb or a manipulator of the worst kind. And calling her Madge? Wow, I mean everyone knows, you don't call her Madge. Especially when you want to be in her circle.

He sounds like a typical indie/hipster type with little respect for the serious professionalism needed to break into a mainstream genre, although there may have been a song being sent in anonymously or otherwise discreet contact with the other side. Plus, the music may be incredible for all I know....that outsider ethos preventing it being heard is a shame really but even Diplo is having trouble with his base for taking up a relationship with Madonna.

Edited by elayman

^ Yeah, I'm assuming they were already not working together before that tweet. He's just milking it now.

And marketing, but yes. It's not only odd that ANY label would be recommending producers/songwriters, but I'm not sure that's the relationship she has with Interscope. I'm sure she plays them the final tracks, but I didn't think they were doing A&R on the album. If it's true, then that's just disappointing.

Madonna has much more freedom under her new contract with Liveanation....a la Interscope than she EVER had with Warners.

But she was Warners biggest star, Interscope have many that do sell more and chart more than Madonna, legend that she is...

So no, I simply don't believe they are advising her....and at this stage of her career, she makes her own mind up especially under her new deals.

LiveNation are her "real" bosses now, and ultimately she answers to them....she boldly chose not to do any promo for Interscope for her first album with then and instead, rehearsed for her tour for LiveNation.

That's NOT to say she hasn't it her priorities in order....I think she certainly personally felt the let-down when GMAYL sank and MDNA got a Luke-warm reception....

That's why she's dedicated a whole year to making her album....and I think she wants to return to form both commercially AND critically.

I don't think there's been "re-writes" of ANYTHING, Madonnas just decided to spend more time on the album and she hasn't consistently been recording all year....she's had breaks in between....so the fact the albums not ready yet doesn't necessarily been anythings being "re-worked.....it's simply not wrapped tight yet.

I like a lot of indie music, but I've never heard of this guy in my life, so I really don't think he's that big a deal in the indie world.