New Album thread: Guy O talks rubbish; M&M cover art rumours?

Probably fake article. I mean why would Madonna work with someone who doesn't like her and why would Ariel Pink work with Madonna if he has such a low opinion of here?

Whatever...

This is Ariel Pink cover of "Everybody" :)

yeah i mean diplo teased her before too but he gave her a chance, sent in demos, and now they like each other. this guy clearly never met her.

This usually happens when people are solicited by the record company & then don't actually

end up working with her. They are on 'hold' & then they get annoyed.

yep. reminds me a slightly of the jef martens situation. although he wasn't a jerk about it ;)

Diplo said that the first single was done like a month ago, I don't think they recorded new stuff since then. Add instruments, and few vocals maybe. Pretty sure the mixing is done. They probably waiting for interscope or someone else to approve marketing strategies etc.

For keiza, I saw her on Ellen and Madonna came in my mind, the first album Madonna, into the groove style. This girl is something to watch!

I'm not so sure.

New people were brought in only a few weeks ago so I think actually recording could still be taking place.

Odd that Diplo announced the first single is ready almost a month ago and still zero offcial info....

I like his work but saying things like that and then calling Madonna narcissistic must be a joke. He does not sound cool at all but self absorbed like a regular know-it-all hipster who did not get the message the world has moved on from them.

I like his work but saying things like that and then calling Madonna narcissistic must be a joke. He does not sound cool at all but self absorbed like a regular know-it-all hipster who did not get the message the world has moved on from them.

Same here. I like some of this music, but his comments are way ott.

Btw, why would Interscope want ARIEL PINK of all people to work with Madonna?

How insane is this guy? He's against superficial dance music and thinks her music lacks substance yet her praises her first album which is arguable her most lighthearted superficial and most dance based album. WTF. Does this guy ever listen to himself? And who thinks ROL isn't cool. Even people don't like a lot of her other music love ROL. But maybe it's his idea of humor. He can't mean this stuff seriously can he?

I'm not so sure.

New people were brought in only a few weeks ago so I think actually recording could still be taking place.

Odd that Diplo announced the first single is ready almost a month ago and still zero offcial info....

At least she let us in on it a month ago but screwing with the chronology and honestly we have no idea when, or even if, they were used in real time.

I have, like the rest of the world, no idea who this Pink,fool is.

And why,would Interscope want him to work,with Madonna in order to,sell more albums, because according to him her last one,didnt do that well

Bitch please, MDNA stilk,sold 2 million copies, thats more than any of his albums sold.

Its not like hes Pharrell or anything

Just found this:

http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/news/40859/Ariel-Pink-is-working-on-Madonnas-new-album-They-need-something-edgy

Ariel Pink is working on Madonna's new album: “They need something edgy"

Mon 13th Oct, 2014 in News

Is Madonna going indie on her next record? According to Ariel Pink, Madge is looking for a change in direction and has enlisted the LA-based singer to help write the followup to 2012’s EDM-centric MDNA.

“Interscope are calling me to help write Madonna’s record,” Pink revealed in an interview with FL’s Doug Wallen.“They need something edgy. They need songwriting. She can’t just have her Avicii, her producers or whatever, come up with a new techno jam for her to gyrate to and pretend that she’s 20 years old. They actually need songs. I’m partly responsible for that return-to-values thing,” he explained.

Speaking to FL ahead of his Australian return as part of the Sugar Mountain festival in January, Pink suggested the pop star needed to look to her past for inspiration and riffed about the kind of song he would write for Madonna. “I guess it’s called ‘throwback’, but the first record [1983’s Madonna ] was so good because of the songs,” he said. “It’s been a downward slide [since] … ‘Ray of Light’ is not cool. And all the other stuff she’s done after that, it’s not like it matters. It really shows a drain of values. People need more substance in their mac-and-cheese. People need more sugar or something.”

For MDNA Madonna worked extensively with French electro and progressive house DJ and producer Martin Solveig and Benny Benassi, a move which – despite the record shifting two million copies worldwide – Pink doesn’t think worked in her favour. “It’s not because of her age,” he offered. “It’s because of the things that she thinks she needs to do to stay in her narcissistic domination of the world. Which is totally hers to have. But it’s about not just being a yes person. I’m sure Interscope signed her like, ‘Okay, the last record didn’t do so well. We gotta do something about this. We’re gonna get all new songwriters together and we’re gonna try to come up with this thing. ’Cause she needs help with this.’ And she’s happy to let them do that for her.”

While he had a lot to say about Madonna, Ariel Pink also spoke at length to FL about his own forthcoming record pom pom, which is due out on November 18 through 4AD. Labelled a “solo album” the record follows 2012’s Mature Themes which was released under the Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti moniker. pom pom features 17 tracks including ‘Jell-O’ and ‘Plastic Raincoats In The Pig Parade’ which were co-written with the Runaways former manager Kim Fowley.

I'm getting vibes that Interscope trashed her efforts with Avicci (and possibly even with Diblo)..

They have probably send her back to the drawing room.

Remember how she played the "record" to Mert and Marcus already early Spring?

Interscope probably asks people, like they do for any other artists. I'm sure Madonna picked who she wanted to work with. This Pink moron got asked. The guy seems like a huge idiot and think his a big hot shot producer and making a big deal of it. Using Madonna for his own publicity.

I'm getting vibes that Interscope trashed her efforts with Avicci (and possibly even with Diblo)..

tumblr_nda8rxZTzY1rtta3uo1_500.gif

madonna-wash-all-over-me-exclusive-1050x
Exclusive details on Madonna Wash All Over Me
on October 13, 2014 at 5:10 pm
  • Today we want to tell you about a track we absolutely love: Wash All Over Me. It is the very first song we revealed from Madonna‘s upcoming album sessions.

Wash All Over Me is fabulous and very emotional. Nothing makes you think it is co-produced with Avicii, except for the very end. Actually, Wash All Over Me sounds more like a song produced by Stuart Price, a la Confessions on a Dance Floor. Once again, in Wash All Over Me Avicii adapted to Madonna, not the other way around.

Violin strings open Wash All Over Me and are used through out it. “In a world that’s changing I’m a stranger, in a strange land,” sings Madonna. “Life is like a desert, and oasis to confuse me,” she goes on.

Madonna‘s voice is gorgeous and in the chorus is absolutely charming. You will be captivated by the chorus! You never want it to come to an end…

Who am I to decide what should be done? / If this is the end then let it come / Let it come, let it rain / Rain all over me

Wash All Over Me is full of meanings, including Kabbalistic concept. “From the Tower of Babylon where nothing is what it seems,” sings Madonna.

There is not a final tracklist yet, but Wash All Over Me is very likely included in Madonna‘s upcoming album… and we think that it has to be a single. Just remove that very Avicii-esque ending – which is its only weakness – and it is PERFECTION!

Curiosity: Wash All Over Me is one of the tracks that evolved from ballad to mid-tempo or dance.

Guest bluejean

There's no way Madonna would work with someone who trash her previous work publicly, especially Ray of Light. And the use of the word narcissistic? No professional would say this shit upon being assigned such a huge job (working with a huge artist.)

It's obviously just trying to draw attention to itself.

He looks a complete state, and that version of Everybody is laughably pathetic, like a 12 yr old did it in his bedroom. AS IF she'd work with him.

As if...

ibm5V9pohzYcpC.gif

<p>

madonna-wash-all-over-me-exclusive-1050x Exclusive details on Madonna Wash All Over Me

GIAMPIERO on October 13, 2014 at 5:10 pm

• Today we want to tell you about a track we absolutely love: Wash All Over Me. It is the very first song we revealed from Madonnas upcoming album sessions.

Wash All Over Me is fabulous and very emotional. Nothing makes you think it is co-produced with Avicii, except for the very end. Actually, Wash All Over Me sounds more like a song produced by Stuart Price, a la Confessions on a Dance Floor. Once again, in Wash All Over Me Avicii adapted to Madonna, not the other way around.

Violin strings open Wash All Over Me and are used through out it. In a world thats changing Im a stranger, in a strange land, sings Madonna. Life is like a desert, and oasis to confuse me, she goes on.

Madonnas voice is gorgeous and in the chorus is absolutely charming. You will be captivated by the chorus! You never want it to come to an end

Who am I to decide what should be done? / If this is the end then let it come / Let it come, let it rain / Rain all over me

Wash All Over Me is full of meanings, including Kabbalistic concept. From the Tower of Babylon where nothing is what it seems, sings Madonna.

There is not a final tracklist yet, but Wash All Over Me is very likely included in Madonnas upcoming album and we think that it has to be a single. Just remove that very Avicii-esque ending which is its only weakness and it is PERFECTION!

Curiosity: Wash All Over Me is one of the tracks that evolved from ballad to mid-tempo or dance.

#icantwait :wow: