The 30-Year-old 'Virgin'- 160th best album of last 30 years, says Rock De Lux

Roland Barthes

I played this album on my way to work and back today, it's been a while, still really love Angel and Shoo Be Do makes the hairs stand up on the back of my next. Dress You Up is also one of the best songs on the album. Never really got the fuss over Over & Over, maybe I need to give it another chance.

Guest gang bang

1. "Material Girl" 6/10
2. "Angel" 8/10
3. "Like a Virgin" 5/10
4. "Over and Over" 3/10
5. "Love Don't Live Here Anymore" 7/10
6. "Dress You Up" 9/10
7. "Shoo-Bee-Doo" 7/10
8. "Pretender" 6/10
9. "Stay" 6-10

Random trivia: As with her first album, every song from Like A Virgin was included on a 7" single somewhere in the world. Of course "Like A Virgin", "Material Girl", "Angel" and "Dress You Up" were all singles but so were "Love Don't Live Here Anymore" and "Over And Over" in select markets. "Shoo-Bee-Doo", "Pretender" and "Stay" were all b-sides with all but the latter popping up on a flipside more than once!

Only "Angel" (which faded slightly early) appeared in a version that differed from that found on the Like A Virgin album.

I'm playing this album now and dancing around the room with my dog to celebrate and it's just soooo good. Love it.

Would love to join you as I always dance around the room with my dog as well. I am sure he knows all of Madonna's songs off by heart now :laugh:

• 2 months later...