my sugar is raw

Fuzzy Dream

8th May 2008, 10:48 AM#1

Could someone explain me how can I say "my sugar is raw" in spanish?

8th May 2008, 10:54 AM#2

Mi azucar está integral. If the phrase has an idiomatic meaning, I fear I don't know it in either language.

8th May 2008, 10:59 AM#3

If you are talking about the Madonna song, the meaning is purely sexual. Candy is a metaphore for sex.
8th May 2008, 11:19 AM#4

Raw sugar es azúcar sin refinar. Sugar se usa como "mi amor" "mi querida". "My sugar is raw" puede significar que mi querida es muy directa/áspera. No creo que "sugar" = "candy" en el sentido sexual que menciona Lis48.

8th May 2008, 5:58 PM#5

Read the lyrics of Madonna´s song, Sprachliebhaber, where the phrase comes from. She invites you to dance with her and visit her candy store where you can suck her lollipops and taste her raw sugar, so hot and sticky. I´m not sure how much more sexually explicit you could be. I somehow don´t think a meaning of unrefined sugar quite fits the context!

10th May 2008, 7:59 AM#6

The original question doesn't mention Madonna, only how to translate "my sugar is raw", and the association of sugar and candy only occurs in such contexts. Both ordinarily have more literal meanings. I confess my total ignorance of Madonna's songs, and given the information Lis48 provides, I completely agree about the sexual connotation. (We still have the original question about how to translate the lyrics with this meaning.)

http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=949330

:lmao:

tumblr_lqf6lyiEPC1qezxsoo1_500.gif

nywy9z.jpg